Froob Trader End-Game Setup

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
senare
Strong Leet

Froob Trader End-Game Setup

Post by senare »

Hi

I have this froob trader i keep draging around now i manged to reach 190+ i.e for a froob that would be endgame right :)

I have no plans on going paid on that account but i would like to get a nice setup sorted :=)

I tried farming some Superier-Sentinels boots yeasterday but didn't have any luck i am afraid.

I got 3 sleeves and a pair of gloves from 'Major Burns' no other 'dna-locked' droped. Am i farming the wrong mobs or was it just bad luck ?

My current setup looks like this Auno

I Think I want to upgrade using the following
( Ofc ... update implants, try get some refined equipped )

- Superior Sentinel Armor Boots
- Helmet of Azure Reveries
- Jathos' Molybdenum Plate Pants
- Jathos' Molybdenum Plate Gloves
- Cloak of the Reanimated Illusionist (5/5)
- Ring of Luck - Offensive
- Ring of Luck - Defensive

Any one got any comments on that, not discussed much since it's froob/old school so would seam likly i am missing something :)

(Oh should say i dont really plan on doing any PVP its only for PVM)
senare
Strong Leet

Re: Froob Trader End-Game Setup

Post by senare »

Slight update .. unknown if some one actual care about fr00bs but anyways :)

Would this be an oki endgame setupfor a fr00b trader or am i missing some obvious ones ?

All PVM ofc using it for running mishes and various RK task's (and it's fun ...)

I would like to hit 661 Psychic for a better ND tick .. but not sure i see that happening ... as of now i seam stuck inbetween 2 ticks for no good reason :/

ie 480 breed + 155 setup = 635 total
enakur
Leet

Post by enakur »

Heya,

I've got a froob 200 trader (Wammes).
I personally use Miy Nano sleeves (+psychic/intel). And use Miy Ranged Gloves (+shotgun)

Upgrade Hud 2 into: Primitive Focus-Funneling Helper.

You can also think of Spirit Infused Yuttos Modified NCU for the ncu spots.

And i would really reconsider your implant setup. There is a lot of Jobe Clusters, but lot less adding in skills while you've got a few more opportunities there. Especially xp clusters as a lvl 200 isn't the thing to want.

Best,
eNakur
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

To be honest mate, that setup looks like crap.

It's got low evades, low damage, low NCU, low Crit, moderate HP and decent AC's.

I'd do something like this:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198198

Not sure why Left hand is empty I tried 3 times to put an implant in but it wouldn't update.

I'd use shield fire dmg/nano range/first aid in LH.

This setup has a lot more evasion, and you've actually got a bit of kill power with it.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Oki .. thats was a butal along the knees review :)

I given it some thought and ill try and explain my choices maybe i am playing it wrong :)

First it's intended for PVM (no PVP unclear why noobas suggested the Itcha for better dmg or for the AS?).

If doing say a hallowen mish (recent past time) I usually calm & debuff the mob then i just simply kill it while spamming the 'Improved Health Plunder' if need be calm and debuff / heal / nano up ... basically as long as i don't insta gib on the mob or run out of nano i can take on pretty much any mob ...

I pretty much went for -%nano cost, nano skills, nano init, max nano, hp , ac, shotgun, fling .. in that order ... meaning that evades and offence were never on my list since i figured i kinda get that from the drains anyways ...

Also I play it as a second toon often and then its a bit of a pest to keep drains alive so i would ideally have 827 PM/TS (top RK drain selfed)

For the cloak i farmed both Illusionist to wear (picked it mainly for the nano init & nano skills) and the ranger for the on-click

As for the igoc I simply don't have any so I use the VTE since they be darn expensive :)

Cloaking device I did look into but seams to have a 'User Restrict Action Fighting' ??
(so I went for style over substance here ...)

If i can find one i get the 'Modified Aggression Enhancer' .. I forgot all about that one :)

Boots I think i still like the sentinels for +10 shotgun ...

If i can get em on found some ql 300 lya pants ...

for gloves i tried finding some miy but no luck on drops, maybe i can buy some ...

overall i am not sure about the maxing out the evads strategy ... still on the fence about sleeves though i like the azure ones, mainly since i am lazy maybe :)

About the 'Spirit Infused Yuttos Modified NCU' i already have the 'Mnemonic Fragment' and I quite like the +nano on em .. but maybe i should swap ?

Imps are +% exp since i wasnt done lvling, but i hit 199 now so I have to decide if take it to 200 or stay 199 and then i redo em .. maybe aim for ql ~225 imps or what can one expect to equip on a froob ?

revised setup ... unsure if i can equip it all but something to aim for :)