Application of Penitent

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Penitent
Baby Leet

Application of Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Hi,

I play Penitent and I would like to join Athen Paladins.

I'm coming back after 5 years away, been an account holder since 2004 but never got anyone to too high a level.

The org I used to be in is no more. Angels of the Night... But, it's not much fun to play an MMO without one of the M's. I'm largely a solo player: Wife and kids, plus I secretly game while at work (don't tell) so I do go afk A LOT (apologies in advance).

Penitent is my current main MP 139, though I often dual-log with
Kimatha, Bureaucrat 139

Lots of alts, probably about 20 toons total, but only Arati (151 Engi) is higher level. All toons except Geralsmythe are clan (Geral is Neutral, WAY back in the day a member of House of Black Star but hasn't been in it for years).

Mostly I'm looking for people. I may play solo, but org chat is a must for me.

Thanks,

Penitent/Kimatha/Arati/etc/etc...
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Application of Penitent

Post by noobas »

Welcome to AP forums and thanks for choosing AP

Please try to join the chatbot online by asking an AP (over clan OOC or standing around at OAG) for an invite.

Once in bot you're free to involve yourself with activities that are level relevant and use the org as a source of players if you wish.

check !online to see if any administrators are present, and feel free to politely request an interview.

Good luck and see you in game,

noobas
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Penitent :) Welcome back in AO and welcome on our forums :)

We have many old players coming back and joining us, finding a new family in AP.

A former leader of Angels of the Night, Fifty, joined us in 2013, by the way.

So let's meet you soon online!

In the meantime, take a minute to read our Code of Conduct and also org Chat recommendations and tell us if you're OK with them Then, as Noobas said, in the game, join our guest channel. To do that, you can contact any AP member or officer, and tell him/her you posted and application and ask for a guest channel invite. You'll find AP's at the Vanguards big building ramp near Old Athen grid.

If you can't find an AP for a bot/chat invite, ask some officer or members (only a few names here)

Toughcrat / Reapermann / Carequinha / Toughenfo
Crazi / Stokken / Crazidoctor / Crazienfo
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima
Chrisax / Mekanos
Bustercratty / Besaidbuster
Jetson / Politico / Noobastank / front242
Grind42 / Bobdc / Bobdc2

Then, you will have a chat with one of us and your invite will follow shortly after, if all goes well! :)

Please keep in mind that the persons able to proceed with your interview may be busy in a raid or helping members and can't immediately meet you. (We have raids every day)
Penitent
Baby Leet

Post by Penitent »

Hi,

Thank you!

Have read code of conduct, very nice. Also chat recommendations, interestingly similar to the ones at my workplace just without the "This is a game!" (which sadly applies more to my workplace than AO).

Fifty! Name I've not heard in a while! Wonder if he remembers me...

I'm in something called "bobsan". !online seems to not work for me, but I think I'm just not remembering well enough how to use it. :-)

Feel free to chat if you see me on, I am an erratic player schedule wise, but whenever is fine.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to being back in this game.

Thanks,

Penitent/Kimatha/Arati/etc, etc, etc...
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hi again Penitent.

It seems you were very unlucky last night GMT as no officer was online to talk to you. :( It's a very rare situation and we're sorry for that. Let's try again as fast s possible! :)