Patch 18.7 New stores for Towers crafting components

Chrisax
President

Patch 18.7 New stores for Towers crafting components

Post by Chrisax »

The Towers are still at the same place in the Towers stores (OA, Borealis, Rome Blue).

The org contracts for orgs that have towers are still in the same stores.

BUT

The tradeskill components to craft towers that are NOT available in stores are not more in the towers stores!

They have been moved to the Trade section of the new ICC stores in ICC, Borealis, Newland Desert.

Go figure... :shrug: :?!:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Patch 18.7 New stores for Towers crafting components

Post by noobas »

ya, that's right.

Its irritating. Another irritating change is that you can no longer build implants in the normal ICC store (i.e. fair trade), you now have to go to the ICC implant store to get implant parts..

I'm not sure where /if you can buy implant parts in the usual locations in OA etc. I should probably check.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
enakur
Leet

Post by enakur »

noobas wrote: I'm not sure where /if you can buy implant parts in the usual locations in OA etc. I should probably check.
The shops in OA are mostly the same as before patch 18.7. So implants and clusters still at the same spot.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ya checked it out last night. It's just in ICC, the fair trade store only has premade imps, but no place to buy imp parts.
enakur
Leet

Post by enakur »

Is a ql 275 Control Tower worth the price?

Control Tower - Clan
Rarity: Unknown
Quality level: 275
Price: 24.683.258

Best,
eNa
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

It makes much more sense than 112M for a QL 250 Massive Cannon turret...

I would say that if an org has money, it's a small but better chance to resist an attack, and 50 more contracts space compare to a 250 CT (25QLx2). But this makes sense only if the site can welcome 60 towers total and is actually fully built.

That said, if you are in a period of huge attacks by massive forces where sites come and go fast at T7, you can likely save some money and go for a QL250.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I've already got 8 QL 275s for backup (I planted a 275 CT at EFP4 FYI)

There's zero reason to plant a lower one. What Chris said simply isn't true - the HP and AR on a QL 275 is outstanding, and maxed and that's what you want for defence.

A 275 CT will make a grief squad REQUIRE a doctor or MA in zazen, or an advy+enforcer+mitigation to survive the big hits, and that means a grief squad will be hard pressed to reach decent DPS against a 275 CT compared to a 250.

The price tag simply shouldn't even factor into the equation.

If you're planting a QL 300 field, the difference of a few million credits shouldn't be a factor - if it is, you shouldn't be planting 300 site.

Regarding the price on turrets... I'm not sure how the prices were set on those, but when I go to the tower shop on my trader, the prices max out at around 16m I think (not entirely sure), but I do remember going shopping on a low toon, and freaking out, then logging the 220 trader and realizing it would pay in spades to buy with him instead.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

If you speak of a grief squad on a CT, it's OK. :) But a griefing squad will never attack the CT directly if there is a site built, except to make people panic, because each tower planted reinforce the reflects of the CT (or its lifepoints). A grief squad trying to destroy a CT 250-275 means that the CT is almost alone, and that means that the org owning the "T7" site is crazy. :) And if the griefing squad was able to destroy like 50ish towers 250-300 without being countered... there is an issue somewhere !

Note that I spoke of a huge raid force in a period of massive attacks. :cool: And, anyhow, the main point is to have a site fully built with strong towers (ideally 300 turrets, some 275 if there are planting issues), or the QL of the CT will be alas quite secondary as long as it's 250+ of course.

I would, anyhow, for AP, always plant a 275 if one is available, because there is a difference and every point counts; better safe than sorry.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

hmm

I think with 18.7 the terminology of "grief squad" has shifted somewhat from 18.6 - at least for me.

in 18.6 a grief squad is 2-6 players.

in 18.7 a grief squad is 12-18 characters.

I saw evidence of this many times this week. Meliz and her box counts as 1 person and 6 chars, but alone she had a hard time taking out 1 of our 220-230ish towers before getting killed or forced meep.

The result is that if you want to grief you actually need a few teams to get enough DPS to be able to take out a tower before a forced departure.

This system worked remarkably well for AP+DI.

Basically, me+wont+soul were able to grief hard, continuously for the week leading up to the clan Tl7 takeover.

Omni are trying to do what we did, but clan is just far more interested in continuing to PLAY after the grief/towerfall, and it seems clan are more interested in making PVP on defence than Omni was.

An 18 person grief squad could take out a CT... but it won't be easy. I don't know what the HP is on the QL 275 CT's are, but I'm damn sure that the HP rating on the 300 SCT's/X11's are enough to make most people's heads spin.. iirc I think it took about 2-3 minutes of fighting/spamming damage to take down a 300 turret.. and I recall we would always debuff them to slow their damage on us while fighting. I also recall that we lost a lot of people to the turrets while field cleaning.

The CT (even a 255) hits about 4x harder than the 300 turrets. the CT kills you in 2 hits, so it's like tanking Xan in 12man... that's basically like continuous agg management/healing. I'm positive a 275 CT will require an enf, debuffs, and a keeper in team+a doctor+others healing - that's not impossible for a 18 person grief squad, but it would definitely require more attention than just q+spam damage like in 18.6.

More evidence of this: check the number of attackers Omni had when they took out our CT in PW4... it's almost cringeworthy. http://towerwars.info/c/overview.php?d=5 42 people!!!! mind you, that's partly because there was such staunch defence, AND the tower timer was getting dangerously close to going cold so Omni probably drew people from everywhere they possibly could to boost DPS.

I just remember in 18.6 I could take PW4 CT with just my box and probably not even need to cast a heal for the entire fight.