To Do List

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: To Do List

Post by noobas »

ya wife was getting pissy.

Are you working on 3 toons right now?

Jet, yegge, senia?

Yegge is in pretty good shape so that's good but maybe you should put together a concept for the other two toons; i.e. what do you want to do with them?

I know you said you were going 220 on MA... but I really want to let you know that it's extremely hard to work on 2 220's at the same time.

building 1 220 is time consuming on it's own... 2 is like "glutton for punishment".

If you're dead set on it, go for it, but please take my advice on this and make SURE you stop at the last logical stopping point (you blew by 150 on your MA which wasn't prudent) so going past 200 without making sure you've got solid funding for your approach to 220 and on to endgame isn't wise (imo). Stopping at 200 is a good idea because you can farm Dark ruins (ado), and farm S7, both of these are pretty good for getting decent gear and building some funds.

Also, building a strong setup at 200 will enable you to cruise through the SL levels with solid DD instead of always feeling like a leach (a poorly outfitted MA is one of the worst teammates in inferno due to MA damage being directly tied to minimum fist damage, and MA healing being pretty poor until 213ish).
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Finished Pen sanct quest on Noobasknight, planted a 169 conductor of speed and I now have 1350ish melee init!!!

It's ALMOST enough to be 1/1 at full def. (with OS it's easily enough)... so that's great. It's a decent setup with Pen sanct key, fleshing out a few key stats that are a bit tight on an offensive build (NCU...)

It also means I can use QL 115 stims without contracts which is much less of an issue but still useful.

rest of weekend was spent PVPing/taking tower sites so not a lot done on engi :(
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

need:

engi
Sloughing Shielding Field
Isochronal Sloughing Protective Barrier
reactive harmonic cocoon
Disruptive Retributive Negator x2
jamming tower
plasma shield
beacon warp
Greater Polarized Screening
Intrusive Aura Cancellation
Pet Attention
Master's Repairs (bronto burger quest)
Boosted Tendons (Pen quest)

Crat
Corporate Leadership: Clemency
Corporate Leadership: Impunity
Demotivational Speech: Mourner's March
Wasteful Arm Movements (poli)
Wasteful Arm Movements (check BM/PM on excitation)
Malaise of Emotion (excitation)
Malaise of Motivation (fren)
Droid Pressure Matrix (poli)
Last edited by noobas on Fri May 29, 2015 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

TL4 box planning

bob acc: fren (crat)
poli acc: meatball (MP)
grind acc: trifecta (engi)
tank acc: ?
MA acc: ?
jet acc: ?

ideally:

1. heals (team)
2. add dmg buffs (team)
3. lowish cost
4. fast recharge specials (fling/burst? AS/FA unlikely)

Potential options:
1. soldier (offers good OSB's, some add dmg) moderate cost
2. keeper (offers good healing, some add dmg) highish cost, melee :(
3. agent (FP doc for OK healing, good AS recharge, low dmg on towers)
4. advy (OK team heals, some add dmg) highish cost
5. MA (great healing, what else? bow for AS?) highish cost for not great AS recharge
6. fixer (good buffs, low dmg) moderate cost if GA3, high cost if CSS
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Sourced Dchest from Joe
Built 223 CC sleeves x2 and 223 helmet
Transferred 223 glove/pants/boots from bish

sourced some control symbs: APtwinkme has growing control leg
tankngank has awakened control chest

*need*
awakened/enduring/growing control waist
growing left arm

*find RBP and transfer* --> on doctor?

RH/RW/RA/LW/LH will all be implants

need 1 more TL5 ring of power: physics

need 2 x arul saba rad dmg

Then can equip
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

the TL4 box is gunna have 4x MP, 1x crat, 1x engi.

the 3 other MP's i'll do like this:

dirt cheap and will pack a mean punch - also, I need to buy ICRT for crat, but with HM+ICRT+GSF this setup will have just about 1500 dodge+AAD.

That's easily enough to not eat all of a FA, but not enough that it's an easy ride.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200605

basis of this setup is pretty straight forward: with 4 MP's, 1 casts mind wail, 3 cast glacial lance. If MW is running on target, GL does 1k-1.9k damage on a <2s CD. so each cast could do in the 8k damage range

Then I got pen for snares, 2 damage perks, fling, burst and weapon regular damage, AND a big ass demon.

This setup relies pretty heavily on having a crat in the group for defence, but the other thing it's got is an engi for EP (120 AR) and the crat will mostly be an aura totem.. but I'm also going to do a pistol setup with CDR+dark pistol of revoked, and a similar nuke system - crat nukes are on slower CD though, still can use to reduce NR on target though which will help.

with 4 MP's, I can also do a nifty trick with cycled debuffs:

Debuff cast (i.e. hotkey 1):
MP1: NSD (if up, mind wail if not)
MP2: dom TS
MP3: dom BM
MP4: dom PM
crat: target root
engi: NSD

damage spam (i.e. hotkey 2)
MP1: Mind wail fling/burst/pet attack
MP2: Glacial lance /fling/burst/pet attack
MP3: Glacial lance /fling/burst/pet attack
MP4: Glacial lance /fling/burst/pet attack
crat: rule of one /fling/burst/pet attack
Engi: /fling/burst/pet attack

Toggled debuffing:

the way to toggle debuffs is to tell hotkeynet to switch the command each time it's pressed, this rotates some debuffs that you might not want to all fire at once (i.e. NSD)

so, hitting another key, for example, will toggle debuffs between each MP
"C" first goes to MP1: NSD /crat root
"C" second time goes to MP2: NSD /crat root
"C" third time goes to MP3: NSD /crat root
"C" fourth time goes to MP4: NSD /crat root

Anyway, I think this 4 MP/1crat/1eng team will unload hellfire DPS in towers, and will be pretty cool to play.

Under damage spam, I should be hitting close to 600k DPM which is downright retarded.
Yegga
Growing Leet

Post by Yegga »

noobas wrote:ya wife was getting pissy.

Are you working on 3 toons right now?

Jet, yegge, senia?

Yegge is in pretty good shape so that's good but maybe you should put together a concept for the other two toons; i.e. what do you want to do with them?

I know you said you were going 220 on MA... but I really want to let you know that it's extremely hard to work on 2 220's at the same time.

building 1 220 is time consuming on it's own... 2 is like "glutton for punishment".

If you're dead set on it, go for it, but please take my advice on this and make SURE you stop at the last logical stopping point (you blew by 150 on your MA which wasn't prudent) so going past 200 without making sure you've got solid funding for your approach to 220 and on to endgame isn't wise (imo). Stopping at 200 is a good idea because you can farm Dark ruins (ado), and farm S7, both of these are pretty good for getting decent gear and building some funds.

Also, building a strong setup at 200 will enable you to cruise through the SL levels with solid DD instead of always feeling like a leach (a poorly outfitted MA is one of the worst teammates in inferno due to MA damage being directly tied to minimum fist damage, and MA healing being pretty poor until 213ish).
Given me lot of "food for thought" here

Still to fully play out all options and preferences but seems to make sense and lv MA to 200, twink him out for S7 and PvP etc...

Yeg still needs to experience alot of end game content.

Senia is happy to slowly level and be my Tradie.

I usually don't play MMO's with fully thought out agenda's but more to unwind from demanding job/wife/kids hehehe
"Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up"
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

built bridgeit last night

Seems in my old age I'm more forgetful than in my youth.

missing:

* com relay
* 6 AI levels
* biomaterial defensive shield
* 1 ring of power: physics

* Also, I couldn't get everything on, so I slotted in QL 204 supple pants instead of 223 CC until I max out, then I'll redo some IP again when I am maxed on AI levels.

* Also, I can't keep 223 CC out of OE in current setup (FFS!), I need behe. This isn't a big problem for normal play except that I don't have an enf in my box. (notably I also don't have a doc for IC, or MA for strength buff...)

* overall though, the toon is REALLY fun. DPS wise it just mows through everything. Burst is capped, fling is 1s off capped, and damage is 1k/hit.

* I need 300 more VP for the 150 dog which will add more damage.

I need to farm AXP now on this toon, so I'll probably do a bunch of S10 farming for relays/parts for the next month or so on her then do final equip later.

Also I need to start my triple threat MP box. tht I'm hoping will start this weekend. I also need to figure out where these toons are going (i.e. which accs.)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Solid progress this weekend despite some hiccups:

1. Bridgeit completed Ado progression quest
2. Bridget 95% completed pen quest
3. Bridget completed pen key quest
4. Got a Com relay for Bridgeit (thanks stokkes)
5. Got some AXP for Bridget

I identified 3 toons for my TL4 box - existing already:

1. Ladymeatball (obviously)
2. Freneticist (obviously)
3. 60 MP Metamorphosit I think, on 220 keeper acc (needs to level to 109)

Which means that I only needed to roll 3 toons:
4. Noobaskeep on Main acc
5. Noobasbots on Jetson acc
6. Ladybeatball on tank acc

All of these are level 31 atm and just doing some minor gear upgrades then back to levelling.

This weeks broad plans:

1. Finish pen quest on Bridget (tonight if no PVP)
2. Transfer fragments of the source (tank has many - thanks yegge)
3. either farm S10 or level TL4 crew/ideally split between.
4. Get an idea of how much basic armour is actually needed for the TL4 box - So that means build 6 setups in Auno for that box, then send a PM to Denni as he is interested in farming these.

DD MP auno setup is done.
Need engi setup and crat setup and keeper setup.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Last night finished Pen quest and Pen key on bridgeit.

Also organised some inventories which were getting out of control.

Need to buy:

Mech eng knowledge (scheol sanct)
Elec eng Knowledge (scheol sanct)

And transfer the masteries to Jetson (too high reqs for Bridgeit.)

Then Bridgeit is ready for proper S10 farming/TS on the fly.

Should use:

muathai
bridgeit
moneymonkey
manndarb

to farm - all these need AXP.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I've run into a potential problem with my original plan.

I did not realize that MIGL was from scheol quest, which it is... which means a few things.

1. I can do quest for MIGL
2. MIGL has a higher MC req than GL by a pretty sizable chunk, which means my kinda cheapish setups from previous plan aren't going to cut it if I want to use it
3. MIGL damage is significant:

Glacial Lance Reqs: 751 MC 681 PM
(base): Damage for 602 to 1268, mitigated by Cold AC. (avg=935)
(boosted): Damage for 1093 to 1959, mitigated by Cold AC. (avg= 1526)

Metaing's Improved Glacial Lance Reqs: 942 MC 855 PM
(base): Damage for 898 to 1848, mitigated by Cold AC. (avg =1373)
(boosted): Damage for 1533 to 2725, mitigated by Cold AC. (avg= 2129)

So this is a pretty big nuke, basically even without add dmg you'd be looking at 1k PVP damage each cast if mind howl/quake, w/e is running.

The problem is that the original setup:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200605

comes up about 50 MC short when using CI (in opposition to mochams, which imo, is just not feasible).

Now, granted this setup isn't exactly twinked, hell, it's pretty lukewarm which I knew from the start, but I was never intending on building anything difficult.

The problem is, of course, that if the intention is to be DPSing (that's the prerogative) the you need to be using the bigger nuke.

So I ran some numbers, and the team setup hasn't changed (still the best is 3 MP's, engi/crat/keep)

But it means I need to adjust my proposed MP setup a bit, also, it means that nuke damage starts to look much more attractive which means that I really want to maximize it, i.e. boost % nano damage >> add dmg

So here's the second iteration I was thinking of. This setup has 118 more MC AR, but will be more expensive due to more AI armour needed it also loses about 50 pistol AR.
So, now I'm wondering... if I'm able to spam nukes... why not go all the way with something like this?

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200740

Now, I lose a bout 29 add dmg on pistols and nukes which adds up to about 1.2k DMP lost on pistols/weap specials, and about 900 dmg on nukes, but I GAIN about 5600 damage/minute on nuke damage due to nuke dmg multiplying by 1.08.

So this is a pretty big gain and really serves to highlight the value of setup evaluation.

gunna stick with this for now.

which puts me at roughly 4 sets of CS needed :/ and I still need to fine tune crat+engi setup. I'm considering attempting to do MBC on engi at 109 which would be an absolute ripper for DD, even if I couldn't keep it out of OE.

20 arith bots, 20 obs, and 40 pieces of basic armour. goddamn.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Dinged up to 40ish on lowbies, and ransacked TOTW for add dmg gear.

Need 1 barrow strength, and just missing styg and then all done there.

Already at level 40 MP pets are significantly ODing all my other toons, with pet buffs and change to channel rage, damage pet is pretty beastly.

at level 60 i'll start bringing along the 60 MP on keeper account and I'll level all 4 concurrently.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

This weekend finished ely key on 5 toons at once - that was a first...

Leveled all toons up to level 81 and now will do re-twink for operative brain and some minor boosts to gear before doing the Ace starr quest for foremans for collar of amplification and also get CDR's for the MP's.

Hopefully can finish doing some minor twinking tonight but not even sure where to start. Maybe I should do Ace starr quest first.
Reapermann
Leetissimo!

Post by Reapermann »

Nice Noobas
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Last night finished Ace Starr quest x5, got one CDR and looted one on the wrong toon, doh.

tonight I level a bit up to level 90 then probably go straight to scheol for scheol quest.

That quest will probably take me a few nights work doing on 5 at a time so probably will take me to the weekend. Also feeling a bit stuffed up.. whole family been sick last few days. :/