220 End game MP

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Nic
Big Leet

220 End game MP

Post by Nic »

Ok so I have been Bow and using Tigress for ages now, my preference for this toon is PVP but i need to enjoy it, I will never use double shields, i just dont see the fun in that.

223 (middle option) pet also being used

I therefore see the options as these
- dual 1hb hammers
- 1hb hammer with one shield
- continue with Tigress
- Pistols (although not sure whats possible here)

I would imagine using peh'wer/troa'ler if possible would be most powerful option but if any one hasany insight into that please let me know.

Once i have decided on Weapons I will think more about equipping and armour.
Con
Growing Leet

Re: 220 End game MP

Post by Con »

I am currently using Asp of Titaniush (instead of hammer) in 1 hand and Zset shield in the other, but I focus on PvM rather than PvP. I am not sure how I would fare in PvP with that setup so I'm not sure how to advise you from that perspective.
Also, I'm using the 223 pet; mainly because I don't have all the end-game items needed to cast it.
Constitutor 220/30/70 Fixer
Publicus 220/30/70 Crat
Asculapius 150 Doc, Validusius 100 MP, Magnusferrum 220 Keeper, Aterumbra 213 Shade

Unity of the Rose: Nuadha 220 MP, Diancectmed 220 Doc, Goibhniu 220 Engi, Deaghdia 220 Enfo, Creidhne 220 Trader
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

pistols do more damage than 1HB.

If you do troa'ler + lust, it's not a bad setup, but troaler+peh'wer is superior.

You can't really PVP without troal'er.

Bow is fine for PVP and has the option of swapping gear for a crit heavy setup (also can swap on chaos of xan).

bow is probably still the most efficient in terms of offering a nice big AS, and still being able to produce reasonable damage in PVM.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Thanks guys, that is helpful

when you say a crity heavy set up Noobas what items do you have in mind, scope IGocs etc?

Plus would crit set up on bow be stronger than troa'ler/Lust set up?

I would have thought it would but i have been very wrong before :P
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Take a look at this thread.

There's some reasonable discussion here posted by several prominent MP's.

apparently 1HB slightly edges out pistols for raw DPM... but you'll notice nobody agrees the setup is better.

Pistols are significantly better because of burst damage and broadly better because of overall utility (i.e. PVM/PVP)

But bow can be effective as well, but may require more gear.

In terms of crit, basically if you're going for a crit setup you probably want:

1 igoc (left shoulder)
gauntlet Rshould
15% AI scope
sniper's friend
ACDC
at least 1 calculator if not two
Aim of libra
ring of gruesome misery
DB chest - which is swappable, say, if you used mystical force or MP ofab chest or something for other activities. Alternatly, just using DB chest isn't bad for 500 HP 2crit +dmg, but in PVP probably AR/AS/dodge is more important generally speaking.

The rest of armor slots should stay as CSS due to the annoyance of swapping.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

sorry Noobas, which thread?

Thanks again, i will see what i have and may need. I will stick with bow and either stay with it or try pistols.
Caedence
Little Leet

Post by Caedence »

Noobas is mainly correct. But i'll point out some finer points.

1 Handed Blunt edges out over Pistols because of the higher AR you can get with dual Asps. Also, from what i've seen also, 1HB is also to gear for to get Tier 3 Rihwen.

Pistols though has had more tests to prove that Burst is just an awesome special for MPs. As from what I know now, I believe that Pistols is the best as a ranged PvM option.

Peh'wer (and to a lesser extent, Troa'ler) is REALLY hard to get on for Meta-Physicists, because we focus so much on nano skills (Also why 1HB gets higher AR than Pistols). Its completely possible but you will need to edge out every single point of Burst you can just to put on Peh'wer. Troa'ler is a good PvP option for a Pistol MP, is also easier to put on because of the amount of Aimed Shot we get from research, as well as a AS scope.

Bow is a staple PvP weapon for MPs because of the Aimed Shot of course, but also because of Research and now we can get level 10 Ranger instead of 6 since 18.7. With a good perk setup, you can get higher AR than Pistols and will even land a normal hit sometimes in PvP. On top of that, end-game Bow choices have REALLY good crit mods on them, and that is why you'll see most setups with Bow going for more of a crit setup.

But even Bow will do some pretty decent damage in a PvM setup, especially if you have enough crit.

Weapon talk aside, always remember that MPs are a Pet Class First, so your focus should ALWAYS be on getting the biggest, baddest green monster you can. =)
Caedence - 220/25/53 Pistol Meta-Physicist (Current Equip)
Cairith - 201/16/36 Pistol Adventurer
Ceiyre - 36/2/1 Pistol Doctor
Caekeep - 60/5/5 2he Keeper
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Peh'wer isn't that hard. I did it on my NM crat who gets just as shafted as NM MP's on trickle and whatnot.

Basically you need a 300 burst Rarm implant, a 300 supple set, and then use appropriate alpha symbs in all other slots to max out stats +trickle.

Perk pistol/stam/str/agi.

Get two burst adding guns to hotswap and pistol goes on without contracts or towers.

I wouldn't do 1HB. It's not good for PVM and it's horrible for PVP.

The main reason I wouldn't do 1hb is that you have to be in melee range to do damage, and that sucks.

MP's toolset is 100% ranged so being in melee range to get your DPS up is a poor tactical choice.

Bows are good. bows with crit setup for PVM with 10 items to swap are fine for PVP.

MP's with dual shields are pretty strong in PVP but a bit boring to play.