Endgame pve engi

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Tuxxy
Mini Leet

Endgame pve engi

Post by Tuxxy »

Hi all, What I'm aiming to achiv.

If you guys have any pointers please add to my post, happy to hear suggestions.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php

The other pistol is suppose to be a perfected diamondine pistol, Not available in the list.

Thanks all,

Tuxxy
Cherib
Maxi Leet

Re: Endgame pve engi

Post by Cherib »

umm, is a blank equip list
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

yes it's blank, you need to save it first before posting a link.

"Save or load configurations
You must log in if you wish to save your equipment configuration."
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

This is probably woefully out of date, but here's a setup I was using for raiding/PVE before I quit.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=202460

I have AIT 3 perked, and can swap into:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=202461

And TS QL 300 mutated AI armor without city lab.

Nowadays, you don't need AIT3 perked, but I haven't done any apo research on any of my toons yet.

I'd recommend spending more IP in Tskills, and avoiding perking illogical patterns/ the unknown factor, because the checks on them are garbage and it's generally pretty low utility.

With the new gear added to game recently, and the Apo research, this duel function setup would work even better.

Just FYI - if your setup doesn't have 40% crit + you probably want to re-think it. The crits on AMEP/ IDKP are big damage and are well worth the sacrifice for most slots.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Tuxxy
Mini Leet

Post by Tuxxy »

stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

Thanks nooba :) now i know how to do my engie . Only thing i hardly have any trade skills and thats needed to make engie gun right ?
I thougt of using him for pve/pvp mix . He is nanomage so i have been considering going solitus on but not sure
Is there a other weapon thats good for mix of pve/pvp
:apc:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

IDBEP and AMEP require pretty nominal Tskills.

The Perfected kick pistol requires more.. but for an engi it's pretty easy.

To be perfectly honest, The shotgun has only marginal value on Engies.

Engi gets a shit tonne of AR for pistol via pistol buffs and mech eng, so you end up with a pretty stupid attack rating using pistols, and particularly AMEP+IDBEP.

Look at the crit on AMEP and IDBEP. You're looking at 5k crits with those pistols which is very substantial.

The Perfected kick pistol limits your setup in a couple of ways:

1. you can't Tskill properly (you lack some key stats in Rhand/Rarm) and
2. you are forced to max shotgun which costs a lot of IP

You get a marginal (And I really mean marginal) increase in DPS, but lose ass loads of utility.

Considering some endgame raids, say, Phobettor, for instance, Engi utility far outweighs raw DPS. If an engi can't swap to a nanoskill setup to get about 2200 nano AR, the engi is as valuable as a soldier without the tank.

The problem with using the shotgun is that your weap goes OE if you swap to a nanoskill setup which will greatly adversely affect your damage output.

The other problem with the shotgun is PVP utility. if you're using AMEP+Peh'wer you get the burst/fling for PVE, but only moderately good DPS, but can easily swap the AMEP for a troa'ler for PVP (have ambidextrous perked for that). It's not ideal but it works.

The alternate is either Troa'ler + Peh'wer full time (arguably top setup for all round utility), or troa'ler + Shotgun (decent utility but not as good in PVP or PVE and no tradeskills), or AMEP+onehander (OK for PVP, good for PVE - swap to IDBEP, and good for tradeskills)

The Onehander you can equip with no IP in shotgun and you hit max MBS on it with AAO alone. But if you're facing a trader you probably want a bit of IP in it. It's also the best option for saving IP on MR (you only need 1400 to get the AMEP/IDBEP equipped, then you can swap as needed. Furthermore, if you don't like no fling in PVP, you can do Peh'wer+AMEP for PVE with just a RC, can do without OSB's if you use a burst Rarm implant.)

Basically, Engi's got a lot of options, and if you have a set of CC and arith, you can do a lot.

Years ago I did calculations on DPS on Peh'wer/AMEP/troaler/lust/IDBEP and I figured out that if you have 35% crit or more the IDBEP OD's the Peh'wer even when you take into account fling shot.

So if you are sitting on 40% crit or whatever, even if it feels less spammy, you're better off with AMEP/IDBEP. of course, the extra 10 hits/minute with fling on the shotgun vs low def mobs will add a decent chunk of damage (near 30k if fighting continuously and no misses), The one situation where it's most valuable is when you're running continuously and need to fire specials to do damage - excepting phobettor... because there it's more important to have nanoskills to snare balls. So go figure!

Value in many setups.

So utility is the name of the game.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Just to say that you can work it these days so you can TS anything and max pistols/shotty and grenades. You need lots of change gear/items including full set of CS armor but it is doable without being too painful when someone ask you to build their 300 AI armor. I just redid IP a couple months ago and can swap between weapons. Were I to do it again I'd ditch grenades IP spend and it would make life even easier.