150 support doc

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

150 support doc

Post by noobas »

Next I'll be building a doctor.

It's already 150 and research completed (or close to it) needs some AI dings, but generally in good shape. tokens done quests done. So it's just a matter of equipping.

Here is a pretty nice setup made to tank damage and basically survive no matter what.

Damage output is highly limited.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=194648
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: 150 support doc

Post by noobas »

Optionally:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=194649

if you're ranged....

This one has a bit less defence, but much stronger nanoskills for dealing with drains, and could be a bit easier on IP.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

The Premium Bio-Energy Shield used in your melee setup is a nice old protection item (40 evade close combat and 40 AAD) which is often totally forgotten. I used it long long ago on MP, like uh... 12 years maybe.

But as you mentioned, can't expect any good damage (that was not an issue with MP because of nukes + pets).

That said, if the encounters are tough, the doc will likely heal from far away and won't have much time to do damage. So all fine.

I like the range setup though.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

these are PVP setups so ya, in both cases the doc is meant to be healing from distance - as far distant as possible (I didn't include a Deck range increaser in Deck 3 because I wasn't really paying attention to NCU's but ya, these are definitely for survival (melee build), and alternately nanoskill/offensive build (ranged).
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Ok I am working on a Doc, she is 150 and the plan is S10 and PVP

All AI levels complete and only one research which adds 25 MC to go.

So current set up is this http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=205336

It doesnt show weapons but i have dualled The Dog of War

I have been trying to get a Nano Controller unit but rare at present.

any other suggestions?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hmm I see what you're doing.

So, I see that you're significantly emphasizing nano pool. Like, BIG TIME.

There is value in nanopool. But I'm not entirely sure that you need to dedicate this much of your setup towards it.

Lets talk about nanopool for a minute.

In S10 I assume you're only building doctor to help kill/heal the bosses because doctor really is too slow damage to farm. So in the case of killing bosses you need:

* a bit of damage or no damage
* UBT
* heals - probably 6 LGE's or thereabouts, and 1-2 CH's
* enough HP to tank 1-2 hits from the boss on stray aggro
* enough nanopool to cast those heals
* enough nanoskills to cast best heals
* if you're planning on dotting, enough nanopool to cast 2x all three dots

The first thing I did is I looked at AOitems.com to find out what nanoskills are needed to cast top nanos.
I'm unfamiliar with low level docs since the change in 18.7, so excuse me if I'm a bit slow here.

Here are all the nanos you'd probably want to be using in S10:

Line A: Simple viral agent: BM: 1060 MC: 876 Cost: 1273
Line B: Poisoned wounds: BM: 1126 MC: 1003 Cost: 1265
Line C: Mutagenic venom: BM: 689 MC: 634 Cost: 383

UBT: BM: 862 PM: 862 Cost: 410

Single heals: LGE BM: 1050 MM: 1050 cost: 700
Complete heal: BM: 795 MM: 723 cost: 467

So, the obvious WTF's are Line A and Line B DoT's. These things are very high skill, and the cost is fairly prohibitive. But, their DPS is also very good.
Simple viral agent does 175 HP/s
Poisoned wounds does 187.5 HP/s

that's a significant increase over their next highest in line, which do 70.3 and 71.8 HP/s respectively. Fully more than double DPS to cast these.

Now, I do know, since playing doctor at 220 since 18.7 that Doc's weapon damage is pretty puny compared to DoT damage. If I spam dots (which you can a lot more now due to the CD change) you can unload some downright stupid DPS. My gut feeling here, is that you just won't be able to do that, though, since the cost of the dots is bloody excessive. FC's logic here is: you can do fast DPS, but you won't be able to sustain it.

So what I'm getting out of your doctor build is that you actually want to do a lot of damage via dotting since your large nanopool should enable several DoT casts.

Lets see if my assumptions hold up.

Using http://nano.exofire.net/skills.php

I calculate that you have base MM/BM/MC/PM of 567 with all base stats maxed and these skills maxed (as solitus).

Your set up gets you 398 MM, 392 BM, 397 MC, 393 PM which would get you about 960 skills.

960 + 20 comp, + 3 comp abil, plus bonuses from city should get you about 36 skills if I recall correctly, so that would bring you up to about 1023 with a bit of city trickle as well. If you chose NM as your breed, it probably gets you just up to 1050 to cast the top Heal (LGE) but isn't enough to cast top dots.

If you get buffed with a CI, you can cast all top dots.

Looking at your setup, I have to assume you have access to an MP as well because there's no reason a doc would ever skimp on nanocost. So I assume you've got access to the top -cost buff, which should put you at -55% cost as NM (capped), and this is good.

So, based on this, it looks like you chose NM. You're aiming to play with OSB's (MP at least) using CI and top cost buff, and you want to do a bit of DPS with guns (purple hud 3) as well as dots.

You've got enough nano to cast lots of heals, UBT's and load up with dots, and you've COMPLETELY given up evasion (10 dodge/evade cls, 291 AAD) giving you probably barely enough to avoid getting chain critted.

So based on this, it looks like you would hope not ever to get stray aggro, but you'd do decent damage and be able to provide pretty solid healing using top heals, and have enough nanoskills to avoid chain resists on UBT.

OK not bad. Dogs of war are fine, they require low skills, and have decent specials, and your weapon damage will be mediocre at best, and that's fine.

So, based on what you've shown here, I think this will do just fine in S10. I don't think you'd do well soloing, because the setup is not going to mitigate enough damage that you'd ever be happy soloing. You'd walk up to a mob, he'd hit you twice and you'd need to heal, then you'd be stuck self healing while doing pathetically low damage and never escape the healing cycle. That's OK though because docs just aren't meant to farm solo.

As far as killing/supporting kills on bosses, the ONLY problem I see is handling stray aggro. This setup looks like you'll likely get critted, and a crit will hit for 4000 HP, and if you eat two of those while in recharge, you're dead as a duck. Not much to do about that, though, except be careful when healing, and don't pre-load too much damage.

As far as PVP goes, The only real change I'd make here is weapons. You're not a tank, so you can't/won't last long enough to 'outfight' someone, so you're going to be stuck healing and hoping you can survive long enough to whittle their HP down a bit. In that case, you're screwed because your pistol AR will be dodged by enforcers and soldiers. You won't hit anyone. So if you wanted to PVP at all with success, you'd have to swap your guns for a unionist arbalest, or a bow, and stick in a scope to reduce AS recharge. Then at least you'd get a decent hit once every 20 seconds. But, that wouldn't be good in S10 - but then again, you're not going to get a lot out of your weapons in S10 anyway.

So, if you're truly interested in PVP, I think you probably want to swap to an AS weapon (rifle/bow/arbalest) and go for a slightly heavier AS setup. But I also know, that at 150 this setup is a bit tricky to make work.

AS is good in general. Now, the only other thing that I didn't address, is NR. This setup lacks NR, and EVERY PVP doctor needs NR. Yes, you can cast a CH under one drain. But, that's not good enough, if you're double drained, you won't cast anything, so my gut feeling here is that you need to get your NR up a bit.

As soon as you get your nano controller, you need to trim your skills, and start replacing nanopool with nano resist. Nanopool doesn't do a damn thing if you're drained. And there are 150 traders who will literally instagib you with drains. 1-2-3 resisted second drains will help immensely, same with a resisted UBT, etc.

Start with urga van shoulders. Then replace the pants with 50 NR combat skirt, then think about eric miller headwear, QL 250 NR wrist implants, obviously, the Vaccine of Deprivation will help, as will the Improved Nano Repulsor (200 NR). Improved Instinctive Control is another 75 NR - but I don't think you can get the PM/SI for it easily. in which case, get the lower one for +25 NR. Then, look at your deck 1 - you probably can trim NCU for 35 NR in a maxed morphing memory. How about chest? reactive chest or if you want heavier NR, a mystic shirt. All of that can ramp up your NR by about 300-400 points which I think is necessary if you don't want to get permanently disabled to the point where you can't do what your build suggests you want to do.

TL;DR

* good setup for S10 boss healing - but watch out for stray crits
* for solo PVP probably need to change weapon to something with AS
* for mass/team PVP you will absolutely need to boost NR a LOT to be effective
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Thats awesome Noobas, some great advice. The doc is soli at present.

I will probably go for the pvp set up, maxing NR. I can get to the high level dots but it will be tight needing MP love, however in BS as an example i probably will do well.

As you say damage is minimal anyway.

Ok so i will have a look at it :)

thanks again, i will post an update,