Working on a 200 MA

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Denni
Mini Leet

Working on a 200 MA

Post by Denni »

i just hit 200 on my new MA and planning to use it mostly for s7 and could use some tips of what armor to use.

: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=205821 (the symbs just gonna be the max i can equip)

mostly looking for a L-wrist bracer and L-ring and and maybe some better huds

(waits for Noobas to write a page full of tips and changes i should make :P)
Ylshar
Mini Leet

Re: Working on a 200 MA

Post by Ylshar »

Denni wrote:i just hit 200 on my new MA and planning to use it mostly for s7 and could use some tips of what armor to use.

: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=205821 (the symbs just gonna be the max i can equip)

mostly looking for a L-wrist bracer and L-ring and and maybe some better huds

(waits for Noobas to write a page full of tips and changes i should make :P)
Would recommend swapping the cc gloves for Electrophoridae Gloves and using Bracelet of Arul Saba (Burning Plasma - 3/3 - Left) for lwrist with Fists of the Maelstrom nano. Energy damage is best on aliens. Could also do a Ring of Power - Ultimate Force or Glimmering Magnetic Ring for the left ring depending on if you want a more offensive or defensive setup.
Denni
Mini Leet

Post by Denni »

ty for the tips, and for a def setup wouldnt just a 200 ring of luck be better then Glimmering Magnetic Ring??
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

If you already have good evades, i'd say the AAD ring.

Any idea of the total of evades and AAD so far in your project?
Ylshar
Mini Leet

Post by Ylshar »

Denni wrote:ty for the tips, and for a def setup wouldnt just a 200 ring of luck be better then Glimmering Magnetic Ring??
For pvm the aad might be better, my mind goes straight to pvp when thinking of setups usually :D . Evades would give more of an advantage against most non-AI perks since they mostly check your evade skill rather than aad+evade.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

No triple wield?

PVM MA's are a bit tricky, in my experience.

You got some kinda weird balancing stuff to deal with:

1. you want as high MA skill as possible for obvious reason of maxing damage
2. with higher MA skill, you also need higher phys init to keep your damage coming consistently
3. Main and offhand weapons usually REDUCE damage, but BOOST number of hits/minute

So, based on these three points, you got this kinda bizarre situation where if you twink your primary stat, you get penalized for it defensively (you can't operate at full def without significantly gimping your hit rate, due to higher level MA weapons (fist) having significantly higher att/rech.

SO!!!!!!!

What do to?

Well, observe the actually available MA weapons, and we'll see that some of them have kinda - OK ish att/rech, ok, they aren't great, but they are better than fist! hard to believe, but true.

So, now you got this conundrum:

1. you equip highest level fist, and you hit mind blowing crits, but kinda slow OR have lower defence

2. you equip MA weapons+fist, detwink MA skill slightly in favour of phys init, giving you similar damage, lower AR and higher damage AND higher defence

So, the answer here.. is that for PVM MA's, #2>>#1.

With more hits/min, add dmg is better, so this allows some flexibility.

I don't know what weapons are best, but I've got a hunch that you probably want a X1-R4 for absolutely insane DPS paired with a QL 300 nunchaku (I think that's best you can do?, not sure).

Paired with a balanced setup of evade close/HP/AAD/energy damage/ OK AR/phys init/crit

I wouldn't use CC for PVM, I'd use CM and get as much HP as possible. The mobs in S7 are easy but high HP, but the bosses hit pretty hard and you want a fair chunk of "insurance" HP if my memory serves.
Denni
Mini Leet

Post by Denni »

x2 X1-R4 Viral Force-Blades would be better then 1 and a 300 Nunchacko, and the X1-R4 only reqs 1300 MM so that shouldnt be a problem.

i like the idea of no weps on a MA (like my 220 is) it crits higher, but no idea if i can get enough crit at 200 for it to be worth going without.

since im no where near done with research and can get in some higher symbs, i dont know how high CM i could go for it to be non OE on a opi.