Cheri's Alt/Metal longue

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Cherib
Maxi Leet

Cheri's Alt/Metal longue

Post by Cherib »

Aight, for those that dont know me, my ingame is Cherib (or Cheri)
I own a lot of toons that seem to include Grrl in the nick (i.e. Officegrrl [Crat], Boomgrrl [NT], Ragegrrl[Enf], Riotgrrl{Sold], etc, you get the idea)
Honestly i generally keep to myself, as gamergirls are mostly looked down upon (well back in the day, maybe not so much now, but old habits die hard)
Anyways, i am a metal grrl :p, i love my alt and metal music, so although i know we have a forum for 'what we are listening to right now'
but I want something where i can post an opinion, and get decent feedback, and also, new leads to your local metal/alt bands that you are frothing over, as a lot are only local and get no airplay anywhere else

so to that end, my first thought is..
Favorite Metal/Alt Bands
and
ultimate metal band (dead or alive)
Vocalist
Lead Guitar
(secordary guitar)
Bass
Drums
(other sound making devices, i.e. keyboards, beers kegs etc)

also, if you want to add your general musical artists you listen to that are known for a point of reference.. i'll start (see below)
Cherib
Maxi Leet

Re: Cheri's Alt/Metal longue

Post by Cherib »

Favorite Metal/Alt Bands (Quick rundown)
Pantera, Motorhead, Metallica, Korn, Slipknot (or 'The Pale Ones' and Stone Sour), Manson (shock value does add to this, love it), Tool, Devilskin, Blindspot.. 80's+90's hair metal.. who does not have a memory with Bon Jovi or Def Lepard..
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Cool thread Cherib. I'm not a metal fan (bit of a jazzer - sorry) but would be interesting to see if any APers are into metal
ap_codemancrat
Big Leet

Post by ap_codemancrat »

Would like to add Volbeat, Bokassa, Wolfmother, Accept, Iron Maiden and ACDC to your list there Cherib :-D
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

I'm a music overall fan (jazz, classical, electro, world, etc), and metal was and still is a decent part of. Problem is : too many bands/songs/albums to be named to post it easily :D would be frightened of forgetting important bits ... let's name 3 first coming up ?

Favorite/Ultimeta Metal/Alt Bands : too many !

Vocalist : M. Patton from FNM & MJ. Keenan from Tool + L. Staley from AIC.

Guitar : P. Hamilton from Helmet & M. Friedman from Megadeth + D. Darrell from Pantera.

Bass : L. Claypool from Primus & C. Burton from Metallica + T. Levin from King Crimson.

Drums : T. Haake from Meshuggah & D. Lombardo from Slayer + A. Cunningham from Deftones.

But i surely missed many more bands/musicians i love as much ...
Namisan
Big Leet

Post by Namisan »

Rammstein, Bring me the horizon, In flames, The Cumshots (norwegian band), Killswitch engage, All that remains, Slipknot, The Prodigy, Scars on Broadway, Opeth, Kvelertak (Norwegian band)

Thats to mention some of what i listen to, as to drummers etc im not that into music xD
Nice to share and get to listen to new stuff aswell :D

Thumbs up =D>