Tyk0tic Application

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Tyk0tic
Baby Leet

Tyk0tic Application

Post by Tyk0tic »

Hello there AP,

I am a returning AO player. My character's name is Tykotic (I have a few alts, but I don't know their names off hand and don't even know if I am keeping them, as I am a bit of an alt-o-holic, but I will list a few below) and I played AO back in 05 when I was a kid, I fell in love with the world and the professions and everything about it. I was always froob (and currently I still am froob due to being in nursing school and money is a bit tight, but that is going to change when I graduate).

I am looking to join Athen's Paladins as I want to have social life in the game again. Playing now can feel like a singleplayer game if you aren't in an org. I was invited to the AP private channel and instantly the game felt alive again as I watched people talk, make jokes, and help each other out. It's what I have always loved about this game, it's community and the way people always seem to be willing to help run a mission, or help get an implant in that is giving you trouble, etc...

Basically, I just want people to play AO with so that I don't feel like my favorite MMO is dying.

I can't promise any specific logon schedule or anything like that as I have responsibilities with job, kids, school, etc.. Some weeks I get to play every night for a few hours, and some weeks I don't even get to touch the game. But I love logging into AO to relax, forget the stresses in life, and enjoy Rubi-Ka.

-Tyk0tic

P.S.
As you will see, I have quite a few omni characters. I have never really been clan before. When I played back in 05 I was neutral the whole time. So when I came back I decided to try both sides. Just so happened that an omni org was the first I found that was willing to recruit and so I went that way. But I have always loved the clan cities and watching Caloss2, I have always wanted to give clan a try as I feel I am more of a rebel in my heart and want to fight against the greedy and controlling corporations.
Alts:
Spoonless Fixer 160 Omni
Phykotic MP 130 Omni
Nanocentesis Doctor 138 Omni
Clawhammer10 Engi 104 Omni
(few others, all below lvl 60. Don't remember names or profs. Nothing that I have played in the last 2 years. So probably going to strip them and delete them.)
Chrisax
President

Re: Tyk0tic Application

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Tykotic and thanks for posting as I asked you to do so in-game. :)

I'll just mention, for reference, at the end of this post, the usual information and instructions about your application but you know them already.

Don't forget to read and approve our Code of Conducts, link below.

But, for now, thank you for your very complete and sensible application.

Have no worries about being a "froob", it's all fine in AP.

By the way, you could even join our Inner Sanctum run this evening (starting around 19:30 UTC) as this dungeon is for levels 125+, so some alts of yours can do it. See about faction just below.

As for Omni characters, as long as they do not PvP against Clans, or help with PvP against Clans in any manner; it's OK. But you can very easily at their levels (and even more easily as they are froobs and will lose nothing) turn them to Clan.

It's as simple as buying a very cheap Clan application form for the right levels from ICC vending machines or from a Borealis or Newland store. Then use it, and you'll be instantly Clan.... That's why you have to do it from a neutral pace like ICC, Borealis, Newland, or you'll be aggroed by guards on first sight.

Finally, don't worry about casual playing as we welcome all sorts of gameplay in AP. :)

And here is now all the info, a part of it you already know of course!

When you have a minute please read our Code of Conduct and Org chat guidelines and confirm that you agree on them by posting here.

Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here:
The next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Ustarlen / Ustars GMT+12
Talmahera / Tefnet / Dunnan / Gallya GMT +2
Codebits / Codecrasher / Coderox / Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Khimaru / Karmony / Khimmortal GMT+2 and around
Crataatak / Eezeh / Zanokia GMT+1
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz GMT -5

GMT / UTC can be seen in-game with the F9 key.

See you online soon :)