L1 Trader Twink

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Hyde
Hyde!

L1 Trader Twink

Post by Hyde »

or ... can you get 44+ NCU on a L1?

(this was posted in the old forums, I'm reposting it as an FYI)
Quick answer: yes ... 44 NCU on a L1 (probably more if they're REAL serious) and 56 NCU on a L1 Trader. And 56 NCU gives a LOT of further twinkability.

BTW, with alot of work it is possible to get a 6-deck belt on a L21 Trader or Agent as well (even a L21 Trox Agent I'm told but I haven't tried yet). It is not all that difficult getting a GCB on a non-Trader/Agent at 24.

At L1 you get 8 NCU from scratch just for being alive. You get 2 NCU for getting on Blackmane's belt from newb island (only requires +20 complit, so a L1 can twink on with expertise).

You base ability scores as a solitus are all 9 BUT as an Opi that would be increased to 18 AGI.

Comp Lit implants in Head and Eye will use AGI by default. RHand will use intelligence but by adding a Fast Attack cluster it relies on AGI now.

Put on Comp Attrib for 4NCU (of our current 10) and you get 30 AGI.

Put on Complit Expertise and max INT (with comps that would be 21) and you have a complit of 45. With that and the belt you can equip 2 * QL24 NCU Memories at +5 apiece. That gives us 20 NCU now but we haven't even implanted.

Twinking on Carbonum won't matter unless we can get to the 54STA, 43AGI needed for QL16 (which we -could- with implants and real twinking, but going to assume we didn't). That gives us +6 NCU.

26 NCU is enough for Comp Attrib + Feline Grace giving us 55 Agility, letting us put on QL25 AGI implants (25-30 with very mild laddering) giving us 77 AGI.

77 AGI lets us have QL36 Comp Lit implants and a +4 INT (really +6) Ear with Concealment for AGI stats. That buys us 47 Complit + 1 for the INT cluster. At this point we have 81 Comp Lit with Complit Expertise and without the trader buff "Frequent Customer".

81 Comp we have enough to put on a 3-slot belt (QL30 reqs 76 Complit ... subtracting 2 NCU because we lost the buff from Blackmane's) and 8 NCU Memory chips (3 * 8, so +24).

We now have 8 (innate) + 6 (Carb) + 24 (Mems) = 38 NCU. That 38 NCU is probably enough to ladder ourselves up a few QL in implants (treatment starts to become untwinkable at L1 though after QL35) and Carb. If we assume for the moment we can get to QL16 Carb (not hard with 46 NCU) we magically get to 44 NCU though the twinked Carb. Sundance armor also has NCU (Jobe training grounds) so if you're not a fr00b compare to see if any of the QL1 Sundance will be better than the QL16 Carb.

That ends the non-Trader twinking. L1 with 44 NCU without serious laddering or exotic equipment.

Note: That means an L1 Engineer could get Comp Nano as well as Masteries in TS and MC. +70. Add in +23 to both skills from QL36 AGI based implants and you've got +93 to Nano Skills. And you have 11 NCU leftover for a +22 Wrangle. +115 skill for 130MC and 131 TS. L1 Engineer with an Inferior Android? Or with just a bit more twinking (laddered implants) a Flawed Android? Nerf.

Twinking the Trader:

NOTE: Skip all but the RHand Complit Implant

Comp Nano ... +20
Psymod Mastery ... +50
SenseImp Master ... +50
QL36 Implants ... +33 PsychoMod, +23 SenseImp

Gives us 116 PsychoMod and 107 SensImp. Plenty to cast Frequent Customer (+55 Complit Trader self-buff) giving us 98 Complit.

98 Complit buys us 10 NCU Memory chips. But with those we have enough NCU to get Neuronal Stimulator (+20 INT, meaning +5 Complit), giving us 103 Complit.

103 Complit will buy us 12 NCU Memory * 3 for 36 NCU total.

Giving us 8 (innate) + 36 (NCU Mems) + 12 (Carb) = 56 NCU on a L1 Trader.

All of the above without exotic equipment or much ladder of plants (hardest twinking done would be to get QL16 Carb on, which would be easiest on a Trox).

Most if not all of the implants can be tweaked for various stats, meaning an Atrox, Opifex or Nanomage will likely reach the same levels with tweaking plants. A Solitus will find it a little harder but laddered implants would compensate.

NOTE: An Agent using FP: Trader can not do the above, even at L5, because FP: Trader requires 100 NCU.
frog
Strong Leet

Post by frog »

i got gcb a dm and a few good mems so i got abour 134ncu (all self twinked :D)
twiztid serial killa

Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

umm, yeah, this was about a level 1 trader ;)
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

to let you know a 6 slot belt is theoretically possible on a froob lvl 14 trox trader. ive got one done the maths but cant quite find a reason to really do it. the 5 slot is on just needs a few more steps for the 6.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Sillanto wrote:to let you know a 6 slot belt is theoretically possible on a froob lvl 14 trox trader. ive got one done the maths but cant quite find a reason to really do it. the 5 slot is on just needs a few more steps for the 6.
Not even theoretically.. Come take a look at my Theseskullz :D He's a L14 trox fr00b trader and I put the 6slotter on on him.. Together with six ql132 NCUs :twisted: The trick is to twink on a Beyer pistol (with a second hand old english), or get a Pioneer Backpack. After you've put on the 5slot belt the 6slot is easy :) Imo. For the numbers, Theseskullz will have over 300 NCU after I'm done with him :roll: :twisted:
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

sry for the derailing drH :P
14 trader setup idea.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Get Carb armor instead for NCU and nano, Modernized ICC Bodyguard Cloak for backarmor, PM TS ring, Ring of the Nucleus Basalis, etc :)

Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

fuze wrote:The trick since they disabled deleting worn belts is to get the most ncu you can in only a couple of chips. You want to get the most ncu you can in 2-3 ncu so that you can take them out and still have time to hotswap belt for belt before your cl buff runs out.
Wrong.. Just put all 5 slots full, get MP/trader love then vamp a few leets, cast Bulk Trader. Unequip two NCUs, recast BT, unequip another two, recast BT, then hotswap the belt :) This way it's less of a hassle imo, and yes I would say you MAX the amount of NCU you can get from other things than belt/decks before you go twink on the 5 and 6 slotter. (The fixer grid NCU perk thingie is handy too - fr00bs can receive it too :D ) Anyways, if you make sure your buffs keep running while you unequip your NCUs, you can always refresh them while you wouldn't have enough NCU to recast them if you'd let them run out :)

On a side note, if someone wants to do this and needs help, drop me a tell :)

Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Yeah... basically with recasting inbetween the NCU unequips you won't have to hurry. And trust me... You'll need ALL the NCU you can get to cast BT at a L14 troxtrader :wink: Or at least... I did :P

docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

Not sure if it's still possible but i know you used to be able to delete the mems while equiped and then hotswap, tried last less then 3 months ago.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Alpha, the greatest part of the 6-slotter twink was my setup, you came up with the beyers ;) the keypart for twinking. Not only Theseskullz but Energizortra got a 6-slotter at L14 as fr00b
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Doom_Eater wrote:Alpha, the greatest part of the 6-slotter twink was my setup, you came up with the beyers ;) the keypart for twinking. Not only Theseskullz but Energizortra got a 6-slotter at L14 as fr00b
Lol.. Theseskullz and Energizortra's only common stuff will be their Cloak, Belt, Breed and Race :P For the rest I'm different from Energizortra like day n night :o