Raid experience

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Dannyshade
Mini Leet

Raid experience

Post by Dannyshade »

Hello fellow members and friends in AP!

I have been thinking after being in AP a while now and listening to people what they do, know and want to do that i wanna help out in some way.
From what i learned some people haven't done some instances, which i think would be fun try. It brings out a new fun in the game to actually do instances with each other on daily basis except for the raids that actually have to be in "raid". Im talking about such as PoH, Subway, DB3, DB2 and all those.
How i wanna help?
I was thinking about letting people write down on forum what they have interest in getting knowledge in an when we have 2-3 people that wanna do something or even just 1 then i can take some time on weekend to help people run through that instance and talk tactics, good to think about stuff etc.

Is this something that would be in interest?!?

//Danny
Scykeep
Big Leet

Re: Raid experience

Post by Scykeep »

that is ofcourse a welcome notion!

I've been kinda thinking in a similar way, make a list for ppl to join and say once a week make a tour for them. For loot or teaching.

There is however few ppl that visit the forums so it might feel like there's no interest but i imagine once a shoutout for a raid is done, ingame ppl will join.
Dannyshade
Mini Leet

Post by Dannyshade »

Okay, maybe we have to make some mesages ingame then aswell to let people know :) I will think about how to make it happen and if you want we can do this together.
Scykeep
Big Leet

Post by Scykeep »

we both are already doing it alot, so might aswell make it official :D ye lets think about how to go around this w/o falsy luring players into greedy behaviour :)
ap_codemancrat
Big Leet

Post by ap_codemancrat »

I can help too if needed and if RL allow me to do it. Got too much work and suff going on at home atm so can`t commit a scheduled time I`m afraid. But if I am on I`ll help in any way I can. Done all instances cept Eunimedes.
ap_codemancrat
Big Leet

Post by ap_codemancrat »

And I love ure initiative Danny :-D Thx for help twinking too with gear needed.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Danny, you hit the nail. This is a very important question, and wonderful offer as well from you.

That being said, it's also something I tried many times but very very rarely happened to work. I asked who wanted some instance and on what day (last time it was the Enigma instance event, two weeks ago) but usually people en up not showing up. :?

The fact is, I can't follow the whole thing and keep making sure that people don't forget etc.

So if some APs could do it, this would give this initiative much more chnaces to become a reality! :)

Scykeep wrote:we both are already doing it alot, so might aswell make it official :D ye lets think about how to go around this w/o falsy luring players into greedy behaviour :)
Cynical j00, hey?! :P

But, yes if you, Code, Danny, could follow the making of runs, motivate people, make sure already is on the same page, that would be awesome. Expect some tough times at start, though, as people need to get used to the idea. Raids, for example, look like "granted" now but it took me like a full year to make them a habit, a usual thing. And, believe me, it would take just some months to see people lose that good habit. That's why I always make sure raids happen.

As for the forums, I'd say that we make announcements on AP bot and Discord and ask people to post on forums because forums are the most convenient way to keep track of data on the "long" term and keep a separate topic clear and independent. That's what we do for the DB quest and Inferno Key runs, so it's not that hard.