Some new Database?!

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Chrisax
President

Some new Database?!

Post by Chrisax »

:saint: Some new Database?! :scared:

I don't see why AP should be the only large org not knowing this some day soon... so...

How to use:

-Download newdb.zip: HERE (click)

-Unzip the file to a folder of your hard drive (if you need winzip, download the free test version: www.winzip.com )

-Launch the DB reader aodboffline.exe (it's in the zip file)
(Virus-free, tested with AVG last version)

-Then FILE > IMPORT...

and select the file you want

New_stuff17.00.00.11.xml

NT_stuff_mostly_17.00.00.12_EP1-xml.xml (mostly new nanos for NTs but ALSO for some other professions)

-Then explore. The data is raw and you need to get used to the tool and the way information is displayed but you can see many things, including newPerks.
Last edited by Chrisax on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Ok looking at the db now (sry chris)

And it seems the new armor is only tier 1/2/3 renamed

New biomaterial but i dont see the guns to put them on.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Energy Carbine? Gone (in fact, seems no new RE weapons at all). The old one will be there, and looks like its still the weapon of choice for support prof AS if you want a non-RK AS weapon, but nothing new.

That means no new RE AS weapon.

In fact, the only AS weapons I saw were Rifle and Bow (ie, basically just Kyr weapons). And the Bow still uses Ranged Init instead of Phys Init.

Possibly the most uninspired crap imaginable for doing the weapons. Its just the Kyr weapons line, minus at least one of the "best" lines that allowed support profs a fighting chance, and new skins/models slapped on.

Yeah, I know, some of them will have higher MBS/dmg/etc ... but ... without significant buffage support profs simply can't get them on at QL300 and keep them out of OE. And I see no support prof love to make this possible.

The man-portable launcher (the 1-shot weapon that allows you to hit vehicles)? That uses Heavy Weapons. Yeah, ok, so it only needs 600 ... but its still the least buffable weapon skill in the entire game, and one I personally was planning to -reset- when LE hit.

The armor (for docs, I didn't look elsewhere) does, like Sill says, appear to be renamed Tier. In fact, the "improved" stats have marginally lower buffs than Faithful, and the "penultimate" stats buff a whopping 1 point more.

Last, there goes my thoughts of making Hyde go MA again ... as all the perks/nanos I read through that sound like Doctor nanos say "when wielding ranged weapons".

w00t?

Sorry, maybe I'm just in a bad mood, but that's all a bunch of hooey.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Also seems to be nothing significant for Shades.

In fact, overall, nothing significant at all. Just gonna be some variations on VERY old themes for everyone and ... mechs.

Some new perks and procs.

Hope I win my RBP soon so I can cash out, I don't see anything I own being worth much come end of December.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Well, in fact, FC made clear that LE is not an expansion about items. It's about new alien sceneries and alien xp sources, PvP changes and additions (on RK and on battlestations), and the whole research thing (personal and sided), and also some perks.

So the database itself doesn't look great, although NTs will certainly love the new nanos and we need to study perks.

Now, be careful, those DBs are not final and probably not even complete.

About the armors, they are intended (supposed?) to be a decent alternative for people who can't farm enough for Tier or alien armor, so they are not as good as alein armor, and slightly less good than Tier (more or less). Time will tell how much farming you need for those new armors.

Once again... nothing is final. So wait and see.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Ok just a quick post, but omg this is going to twist things up badly, for starters it seems FC want to replace engi's as a sols nightmare by giving traders a refelct ripper far supperior to engis :( (fuze you will love it)

Engis get a fixer smg debuff? Afaik most fixers use re pistols.

Agents get a NSD (-750) to use against engis, which is a pain but not leathal really as it lasts a good 15 secs.

Docs get a -500 against Crats? Pointless.. i doubt the crat will oe in any way and when have you ever seen a doc and crat in the same place without several sols?

Great iniative on FC's part badly implimented, they would have been better working with the current nemisis and making them better / worse.

As for teh weapons it seems there are no as weapons for support profs however there are a few more biomat types which may have extra attacks for current weapons. There appear to be 2 groups. one for specific profs and the other for weapons. This may push pistol wields into shade teratory. The reason i say this is becasause the 'new' fully upgraded pistol has both find and burst, also a high mbs and lower MR req. this means that it could be possible for even and engi to wield a 300 new pistol and a type 300 kyr with the new type attached, which can only be FA or AS.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

Long live the NT!!!!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Chris the armor isnt slightly different, its the same... I was expecting a completely new armor choice. i wasnt expecting a new combined but something that gives everyone new options if they havent got combined. This is just like they have run out of ideas. i get the feeling it will probalby use the same meshs as tier only a different color. Only good thing is i get to farm titles to get my shades tier with LE.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

neutrals will be happy with the AI armor. Err ... otherwise all it does is nerf one of the few items that almost any class could farm for credits.

I'm just plain unhappy about all of this. Slapped together.
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

Sorry I m in Singapore atm (posting tho through a gateway from my home net) and really don’t have the time to dig in the db provided by Chris.

But the QL300 kyr pistol and AS combo caught my eye in Sill’s post, is that true?

Rephrasing the above is there a biomat that adds AS to pistols? :rolleyes:
rampage
Strong Leet

Post by rampage »

Trader nano will be nice in wars where soldiers are in AMS already, can use a trader with max nano range to own the soldiers upfront in a group.

But, this nano in a duel is kinda worthless because its not a tick or proc, but a one time cast type thing? or am i wrong?

If it is then i think there is some sneaky ways for a soldier to stay in a decent amount of reflect.

How bout that uber soldier nano............. -1000 piercing to shades. Just incase a soldier has problems with shades :roll: But, even if we did, most pvp shades are NR perked. I'm sure I wont be landing this on too many shades.

What I find so ridiculous is that they completly ignore the current nemesis's in the game. Soldiers gotta deal with engi's and traders now. FUN !! Trader still don't got a chance tho muhaha alpha'd in a heartbeat.

Expect the whole 1v1 / Dueling and small group pvp to change drastically. :evil:
rampage`
Proud Member of Athen Paladins :guns:
teredoc
Strong Leet

Post by teredoc »

AOID 266294: Enfraam's Cataclysm

All enemies within 5 meters of the target will be hit for 4221 - 7035 points of radiation damage. This nano will pierce any reflect shields that the enemy has active.
That has to be awesome at mass pvp? :D
25, beware the cane swinging senile!
Stderr VanZandt, DAoC Ector US server
MrMud/Meepsimor/Teredoc/Ninyah/Tomat in AO.
rampage
Strong Leet

Post by rampage »

The more I keep reading this I am pretty sure i'm going to have to roll a new character, unbelievable what FC has done with NT's.

It's not that NTs are going to be doing all that much more unfair damage vs. most professions in pvp.. all the nano does is bypass someones rrfe or graft or aura or whatever. Engis dont even get hurt anymore then anyone else as thier reflects are slightly weaker then rrfe.

What the problem that FC must be completly oblivous too.. is that they have essentially nerfed soldiers extremly. To the point where an NT can just go full agg for fastest casting speed, root the soldier, cast NS, begin perks, and start hammering soldier with this new crazy nano line. Soldier dead in 20 seconds... NTs health 100%. A soldier would last longer afk vs an engi.

This is a bit extreme.. I think FC forgot soldiers only have reflects to survive. Not to mention the nemesis trader nano if we didnt have enough to worry about.

I am pretty sure that soldier will become an almost unplayable profession in pvp , especially once everyones new NTs get leveled up. A trader, NT, or engi can now make a soldier worthless in group pvp. 1 out every 4 professions can ruin my day.

I really hate Funcom.
rampage`
Proud Member of Athen Paladins :guns:
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

It seems FC is fed up of the soldier walls at battles (which actually brought a bit of tactics to the wars :/)

Ramp the trader debuff is a 30sec nano so not alot, but certainly enough time for the trader to alpha the sol.

Now all you will see at wars is a group of 5 nt's and a doc aoe'ing = instant death to anyone they call. I mean a 2/2 attack with a pvp range of 2-3.5k O.o thats only going to need 20s for the nt to kill most profs, and doesnt ns2 cover them for most of that. not to meantion what happens when this is combined with the new damage increase.

It does look like nt's are finally getting some luv from FC but its still not great. at 220 it wouldnt surpirse me if that nano can still be resisted by twinked NR.
but at level 164 the nano looks to be unstoppable as there is no way a toon can get enough NR to resist the nukes. 164 Low HP NT could rock now.

Coro the AS Pistol isnt confirmed as i cant see more than the biomaterial, but there is a new biomaterial in the db now fling/burst already has a type 4 so i can only assume that its a new set of attacks which can only be FA or AS i maybe wrong tho, but it does bring light to my engi world :) Engi with Fling,burst,fa,as anyone? :P

I had forgotten that neuts dont have tier so it does look like this armor will be good for someone.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Remember that the database is NOT final. I'm not saying such or such point will change, just that nothing is sure.

Also, don't forget there is something that is not in the database: how long and how much work will be required to get a perk or a nano?! And therefore how many characters will really have such or such devastating nano in a battle, for example?

About the armor, BTW, I wonder if FC really intended to give the LE armors the same stats (I didn't check) as Tier armors... or if, at the moment, they just copied the stats. It's much easier to copy items and then edit them than to enter new items in the DB. Maybe it's what they are doing with LE armors. Time will tell. (And no, it's not the Tier armor mesh that is used)

It's too early to say anything about LE PvP... for the simple reason there will never be as many people in the beta as on the public servers. But, nevertheless, something is obvious: LE is intended to break the blob vs blob, wall vs wall, and *systematic* target calling schemes.

The reason (or one of the reasons) for NT areas nanos, laser beam strikes, air strikes is to prevent blob wars or, at least, to make blobs only a possible option sometimes but not the basis of PvP. Once again, time will tell.