Fallout 3 trailer released.

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

Link is broken for me, but I was able to get info here ...

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/ ... es;title;3

I loved the Fallout series (I have both). It was one of the very rare totally free form RPG ever made. At no stage were you ever forced to do anything or work in a particular order. Now I just have 18 months (minimum) to wait. :(
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Me wants!

I loved Fallout 2, but I never did get around to finishing it. Got to the end at the oil rig but got my ass kicked so I gave up :)
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Yeah, my first time on the oil rig was some big old wtfpwnt.

I think I ended up going out, farming power armor and a laser, and returning close to 30 days later with some smackdown.

Later on I found a page that showed you how to get the power armor within the first 5 days of game time. I played a 2nd game that way and was virtually unkillable.

Of all the orthogonal turn-based shooters, Fallout definitely had the best replay until the later ones like Baldur's Gate 2, and BG2 had -none- of the flare that Fallout had.

The F3 trailer was pretty low on details, but since its over a year out that's to be expected. I'm definitely planning to hunker down withOUT a web browser when it comes out and play through at least once without the guides.
teredoc
Strong Leet

Post by teredoc »

Of all the orthogonal turn-based shooters, Fallout definitely had the best replay until the later ones like Baldur's Gate 2, and BG2 had -none- of the flare that Fallout had.
I beg to differ! Fantasy > all!

I loved them all though.. I recently played BG1 again, and it brought back memories of highschool where I first got it from a very close friend.. Ah to be young again, gonna be 25 next thursday - Gonna get out my cane and go hit young people and complain about septic tanks and 25 hours work a day.
25, beware the cane swinging senile!
Stderr VanZandt, DAoC Ector US server
MrMud/Meepsimor/Teredoc/Ninyah/Tomat in AO.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

teredoc wrote:
I beg to differ! Fantasy > all!

I loved them all though.. I recently played BG1 again, and it brought back memories of highschool where I first got it from a very close friend.. Ah to be young again, gonna be 25 next thursday - Gonna get out my cane and go hit young people and complain about septic tanks and 25 hours work a day.
Old man! *realizes he is only 3 years behind*

I never did get around to finishing BG2 either, hmm... Only played it for maybe 200 hours, got into the underdark and then quit :D Maybe time to finish 'em soon.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

teredoc wrote:Gonna get out my cane and go hit young people and complain about septic tanks and 25 hours work a day.
Go Tere!!!

I remember when I got my first cane ...
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

fuze wrote:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=166056

PS.
"Hey you kids! Get off my lawn!!!!"
computerandvideogames wrote: Fans will be pleased to hear that the Karma system is making a return, and there are 9-12 possible endings based on your actions. If it's even half as good as Oblivion, this should turn out to be something very special indeed.
I hope it's not like Oblivion, which in my opinion was just big and good looking but a bit shallow (ok, I didn't finish it yet). I hope the new V.A.T.S character system is like the old S.P.E.C.I.A.L one Fallout 1 and 2 used, that was one of the best character development systems I've seen in a game.