A simple advy question

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
faros1978
Giant Leet

A simple advy question

Post by faros1978 »

I want t make an advy but i dont know how he will be more powerfull , RANGED OR MELLEE ? All suggestions will be welcome :twisted:
Hexy
Champion Leet

Post by Hexy »

Melee in my opinion...best to ask KRS though.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

PvM or PvP?

L1 or L220?

PvP melee advies are more about quick kills, but they have lower defenses than ranged.

PvM melee advies will OD ranged advies a fair amount of the time (though a twinked ranged advy will do great until 205+), and will tank better due to more HP from armor, but will get hit more too.

PvM ranged advies can utterly destroy at low levels as well as at the levels where the JEPP is equipable.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

Yeh, I had a lvl 140 ranged ADV, he destroyed hecks in ely, but I could see that if I was going to go to lvl 220, melee was the better way to go. Mainly because I wanted to pvp and wanted backstab/sneak attack. You would be happy with either one, but if it helps I have deleted my 140 adv and re rolled him as melee, oh...and go TROX!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Lostyouth
Strong Leet

Post by Lostyouth »

melee = higher hp / less evades
ranged = less hp / higher evades (if working with combined sharpshooter)

in PvM: damage-wise not much difference, prolly ranged better here due to more specials useable in combat..BS/Sneack from melee is only useable once (and if u have someone who has aggro)..hardly depends on mob's hp tho. if its a longer fight, melee wil do better i think

PvP: If u wanna sneack behind ppl, hide in shadow and play evil witch, go melee. but on BS its very hard...too many people with high concealment/perception around. If u wanna pwn people from long distance and have more weapon specials, go ranged.

personally, after trying a 220 ranged trox adv with QL280 CSS and a melee solitus adv with ql300 CM from 2 friends, i'd always pick ranged over melee. ranged perks can be simply ignored tho, they suck ^^ so, in the end, it's just a matter of personal likes and dislikes :)
<b>Lostyouth</b> Level 220 AI 27 Enforcer
<b>Contor</b> Level 220 AI 21 Shade
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Thank u guys but i think i am little bit comfused. i think that ranged suits better for me since i have soldier 180 and i know some things about ranged attacks and tactics. THANK U ALL ;) SEE U IN BATTLEFIELD