75 alien farmer

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

75 alien farmer

Post by Mrfreeman »

ok, so I'm making a 75 opifix fixer for really jsut aliens raids to get my engi a set of arith armor.

what weapon is the best for aliens? currently i have a ql102 blackbird and a mortiig beamer (wanna say ql112). do i stay with this or go peren or a diff gun?

and armor I currently do GA2 but would it be worth it to get GA3 and waste more IP into MC? or do i completely scrap the GA and get something else?

would be best to be albe to solo aliens at this lvl for city raids (and gen) but can have a 75 nt or doc nearby if i cant
Once upon a wave of summer,
I saw a bright, blue, cloudless sky
Before I felt blessed with thunder,
Then I was nuked- the end is nigh
- Solidstriker (AO Forums)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

If you're making this fixer purely for soloing aliens, then yes, GA3. Absolutely.

If you're NOT planning to PvP (L75 is sort of a bad level to do fixer PvP imo ... 75 is when the first NT anti-GA nukes are available) then you might level to 85 or 90 if you're trying to get armor for a L60 Eng.

If you ARE planning to PvP, then shoot for either L59 (which is 1 level below the L75 NT nuke AND if you try really hard I believe GA3 is equipable at this level, but will give you lower bots) or shoot for a higher level. Perhaps the absolute min that you can get GA4 on. Both would be very good twinks in their level.
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

Im not making this for a PvP twink and only for soloing aliens. It is really only staying at this lvl till i have farmed or funded my full set of ql 75 arith armor for my engi. (75 cuz that is the lowest i can get with only AI tech 1, cant get tech 2 till 75 :((( )
lvling it to 85-90 will increase my chance for that type of drops?

and weapon wise, what i have is good for aliens or only PvP?
Once upon a wave of summer,
I saw a bright, blue, cloudless sky
Before I felt blessed with thunder,
Then I was nuked- the end is nigh
- Solidstriker (AO Forums)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

You'd still be better off levelling to 85-90 or so, so that you can up the QL of your bots a bit. L75 farming L75 armor is going to have some lower QLs too. Plus by L85-90 you can probably get GA3 on alot easier. It won't increase the -chance- of drops, but it will help ensure that the ones that do drop are in the range you need.

Your weapons will be fine against aliens, they don't have insane ACs so you don't have to worry as much about min damage.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Another thing is yur really want to be able to do this completely self buffed so you can either chain raids or find some friends and hit the ship for better bot chances.

AS long as your evades are in the 750 region you shouldnt have too much trouble at 60 at 75 you want to be aiming for 900 and 85 probably 1k+
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Sillanto wrote: AS long as your evades are in the 750 region you shouldnt have too much trouble at 60 at 75 you want to be aiming for 900 and 85 probably 1k+
even 50% OE, GA3 will provide 850 AAD by itself, meaning well over 1K just by raising evades and/or perking.

By 85-90 you'd be able to keep GA3 75% OE pretty easily, and probably self GA2.
mobstar
Strong Leet

Ah

Post by mobstar »

I know this is slightly off-topic, but anyone able to PM me anything about soloing AI raids? I'll start whatever toon is best for it and get it to the proper level (I have no good DD classes). I need some $$$ bad and refuse to buy it. I've been farming patterns and hoping to sell some symbs but that takes a really long time. And also for a small solo raid, how much CRU is required for 1 raid?

Anyone... Bueller?
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

It does depend on what level you want to solo. at 60 - 75 pretty much any twinked toon can solo with outside buffs. At 220 it depends, my engi can solo raids but there is 1 general that charms pets and so i cant solo.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

220 Doc can very easily solo 227 generals BUT is slow enough on damage that the CC is pretty much drained.

Many 220 profs -can- solo generals, not many can solo -well-. There is usually 1 type of general that gives problems to a prof (like Sill mentioned). An evade agent in Doc mode should be able to at least some of the time. Best mix would probably be a 220 advy (enough heals, good damage). Keepers have good luck as well from what I've read. Some MAs (11sec recharge hurts though).

I sort of doubt you'd want to raise a toon to 220 purely for that. And the 100-200 range is pretty harsh (aliens scale up faster than players). If you just want to score some cash to be honest I think PBs would end up being almost the same given how bots are dropping in price since Sector 10 came out.