Hydentity 150 setup plan

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Hyde
Hyde!

Hydentity 150 setup plan

Post by Hyde »

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=76238

(replace brain with Ado brain, but they're similar on nanoskills and stuff so I used that for a placeholder)

Its fairly general-purpose, PvM+PvP. I'm going to be using him in Sector10 for farming along with 150 BS (yeah, I know, I'll be smashed alot by 170+ twinks).

If someone has suggestions where he's "wrong" (things like the Balaclava don't count, as I'll have a Reactive helmet to swap, etc) let me know. I'm wanting to keep him fairly broad-range. I might camp a set of swappable CSS or even Scouts for BS. Not sure. For now I'm not going to max his evades just to conserve IP in case I find I missed something.

I've looked at implants alot. Only one I'm really considering atm is a Left Arm AAD implant, but that only makes sense if I IP evades fairly high. Otherwise I just do see any symb locations that don't outdo 220-230 refined implants.

I'm probably taking him Neutral for awhile to farm VPs, so not planning a token board just yet.

PS. No, he's not done with research nor AI levels. That is the final perk plan after I do so.
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

hmm maybe
http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=268469

instead of

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=268473&ql=150

seems to me you went for a high hp setup and that thing adds a lot for those slots
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

docksider wrote:hmm maybe
http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=268469

instead of

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=268473&ql=150

seems to me you went for a high hp setup and that thing adds a lot for those slots
Either that or get a Sanc key in HUD1 (for the inits/NCU).

Hardcore CPU Upgrade <-- I never use that... maybe in a selfbuffed situation where I can't fill my NCU, but really, I think you're better off using a spirit-yutto.

Veil of the Revoked <-- Get Pelisse already :D It adds more hp, adds AR, adds AS, adds conceal... overall way better than Veil unless you're evades setup (which you're not) or if you really really need the Veil nanoskills.

Symb tab... I really wouldn't do it this way Hyde :) You're better off using even QL200 implants on some of the slots.

Would replace the L-arm with: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=179062&ql=200
L-wrist with: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=130359&ql=200
Feet with: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=194904&ql=200
R-wrist depends, if you're going to use a Fullauto weapon sometimes stick with symb otherwise make it an imp for more AR.

Why the AAD implants, even though you don't want to raise evades? Well if you can raise NR (and/or mimic enfo for Infernal Rage, 800 NR), you can counter NR-dependant perks easier. For getting debuffed it doesn't matter at all, but not getting Chaotic Assumption landed on you every time does help a lot surviving in pvp :)

EDIT: Oh by the way... I calculated that agent setup of you through, and with all OSB for hp you have 11.5k hp......... nice? :P And that's with Balaclava, and not Reactive :) Also 2.3kish nano so that's just two or three CHs, well four if you count Regain Nano. Or five if you also use sitkits and first aid. Also 952 NR with inf map + iNR. AAD to be counted (288 of it). Also 1.2k AR and 1.4k AS :D I think you'll stand a chance in BS as long as you don't meet a nanoskill debuffing or killer alpha class (or /godmode class like a good doc).
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Thanks for the feeback guys :)

Dock, you're right, I clicked the wrong item for HUD1. I'll probably have a Sanc key to swap, but I don't see 35 NCU or 20 Nano Init being worth 500HP.

I always favor self-buffed pimping, especially in the days of BS. Plus I only have 3 of the QL206 Spirit yuttos :) and I doubt I'll camp a GPH any time soon, so -cost is my enemy in Doc and Enf mode. I'll be able to swap it for an NCU on demand. Likewise I have my Pelisse, I'll swap it with the Veil as needed. That's the problem with gear configs, hard to show the alt gear. I'll likely have an alien tank to swap and a Reanimator.

I've pretty much decided to go L.arm AAD. I'll probably go ahead and blow my full IPR even since I thought I could get QL210 symbs in a slot or two (I did on Fixer around 160, not sure -how- now). Since I can't without more work than is worth it, I've overspent on abilities and could really use that IP on evades and nanoskills. Will depend on how things look after perk reset.

The L.wrist will probably go implant as well. The r.wrist I was keeping mostly for the sharp obj freebie, I don't think I'll have IP for FA. Foot was another neglected spot, I forgot about the AAD option.

If I have perking problems I'll probably swap a VTE or Arul for Ensigns, L.Arm and Foot for symbs (but I think I'll be able to do those w/out reperking).

Overall if that's all the bleeding that happens on the setup then I'll consider him pretty decent.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Hyde wrote:Likewise I have my Pelisse, I'll swap it with the Veil as needed. That's the problem with gear configs, hard to show the alt gear. I'll likely have an alien tank to swap and a Reanimator.
You can only do that when you mimic trader/enf, since that's the only way you get that Veil on. Bathrobe.. on a trox... that's worse than a thong!
Hyde wrote:I've pretty much decided to go L.arm AAD. I'll probably go ahead and blow my full IPR even since I thought I could get QL210 symbs in a slot or two (I did on Fixer around 160, not sure -how- now). Since I can't without more work than is worth it, I've overspent on abilities and could really use that IP on evades and nanoskills. Will depend on how things look after perk reset.
Forget about QL210 symbs, you have to be L154 to get those on (level req) and you want to stay 150 right..? Anyways full IPR sounds logical now, but if you plan on making Hydentity a 170 twink later I'd hold off the full IPR (then you can make him ideal for pvp at that level). If you go for 220 it doesn't matter because you'll max abils anyways I guess...
Hyde wrote:The L.wrist will probably go implant as well. The r.wrist I was keeping mostly for the sharp obj freebie, I don't think I'll have IP for FA. Foot was another neglected spot, I forgot about the AAD option.
Drop the rwrist symb then and make it an imp... at this level it's not worth it IPing SharpObj for a maybe 1kish DD (in pvp assuming kizzermoles), and when you need that 1k DD you won't land it anyway in pvp. (Just a bit of IP into evades, some AAD, and useless...).
Hyde wrote:If I have perking problems I'll probably swap a VTE or Arul for Ensigns, L.Arm and Foot for symbs (but I think I'll be able to do those w/out reperking).
With 1.2k AR at that level you'll perk all non-evade classes except for some super twinks, and in that case I don't think the 40ish AAO you win from the Ensigns, together with the 34 AAO from symbs is going to get you much further. Around that much AR it's either all or nothing (as in you land everything or you land nothing). Plus I wouldn't want to lose the hp/nano and other defensive stuff, because in those cases you have to outlast (you cap AS about every time and sooner or later the enemy drops :lol: ) and then some extra hp can be the savior.

Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Alphacenta wrote:Drop the rwrist symb then and make it an imp... at this level it's not worth it IPing SharpObj for a maybe 1kish DD (in pvp assuming kizzermoles), and when you need that 1k DD you won't land it anyway in pvp. (Just a bit of IP into evades, some AAD, and useless...).
Not seeing what I'm saying ... with the r.wrist symb I get the gumboils IP-free. Won't hit much, but won't cost anything to try (spam-attack macro keys ftw).

Anyway, got a much better feel for his final plan today after putting in the almost-final symbs @ 147 (Ado brain too, damn, nice). I'm going to do the full IPR @ 150, use 150 to train the last Enhance DNA perk, full IPR, get NCU in, unperk NCU Extensions for Genius 2 and Freak Str 1, and see how many AI levels I can get for perking Atrox Primary. I was really pleased to see that w/out perks I can self CH with my planned gear in FP (I know, FP sucks, but that means I'll have enough nanoskills to self it in Assume once reperked and in Mimic when buffed).

I'm sad I screwed up and needed the full IPR, but I'll save a TON of IP on abilities. A lot. I was really surprised. I thought I'd need to be closer to max than I am. But since I'll still have all my normal IPRs available, and even if I do level to 170ish for CS, there should be nothing seriously bad. I just won't spend anything from 150 to 170ish if I do that.

Will post the final IP spend and gear when I get it done.

PS. I don't see where you got 1200+ AR ... in perk reset unbuffed I'm seeing 860ish. UA=980, Perks = 1060, Comps=1080 ... and that's with the +12 I won't have from the L.Arm (but should be made up for elsewhere). That's not with completely upgraded implant/symbs but that won't get me much past 1100. Maybe 1150 with the rest of the gear tops. I think this is the point where 150 will bite me hardest.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

3 questions I'm still mulling over:

1) if I don't raise evades significantly (except NR, which I will max if I can), should I do NOTHING or do like I did on Doc and put them at 50% for crit reduction? Assume that doing that will make nano init and/or ranged init lower.

2) Max nano init? Assuming so, but hey, who knows?

3) Bother with maxing Ranged init or just raise it enough that I stay 1/1 @ 75% AGG (ie, 0 with QL275 scope) since I'll be that high or higher in Doc mode most times anyway?

My feeling is, IP willing:

1) 50% or so

2) yes

3) 75% AGG 1/1, since dmg from AS will be unaffected (but maybe that means don't IP it all, which would get me to 1/1 only @ 100%)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Hyde wrote:3 questions I'm still mulling over:

1) if I don't raise evades significantly (except NR, which I will max if I can), should I do NOTHING or do like I did on Doc and put them at 50% for crit reduction? Assume that doing that will make nano init and/or ranged init lower.

2) Max nano init? Assuming so, but hey, who knows?

3) Bother with maxing Ranged init or just raise it enough that I stay 1/1 @ 75% AGG (ie, 0 with QL275 scope) since I'll be that high or higher in Doc mode most times anyway?

My feeling is, IP willing:

1) 50% or so

2) yes

3) 75% AGG 1/1, since dmg from AS will be unaffected (but maybe that means don't IP it all, which would get me to 1/1 only @ 100%)
1) Don't max them but at least raise until 50% or so, you pick, just for crit reduction... you don't want every mob chain critting on you :P

2) Always max nanoinit on an agent, well, when you can cast mimic. And I mean ALWAYS, even when you can insta CH in full def.

3) Don't bother maxing RangedInit if you need the IP elsewhere. That not being 1on1 all the time doesn't matter really, mobs in sec10 die before you get in more than five shots or so I think (you're with a team), and in pvp you'll be kiting a lot of good players and that means you get no regs in anyway.