Phasefront store and stuff invisible? See here

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Phasefront store and stuff invisible? See here

Post by Chrisax »

GM Vichen wrote:[Vichen]: We are aware that some players are unable to see the new Phasefront stuff, as for why this is happening, we are currently unsure. It is possible that you may have missed some files when updating (though not very sure on this). I would suggest to e-mail techsupport@anarchy-online.com for help in troubleshooting the matter.
mytefe
Big Leet

Post by mytefe »

This is the problem I had!!!!!

After patch, there was nothing on newland lake. mobs and ppl were swimming!!

This is how i fixed it!

remmember after last patch, we had to change Version.ID file to make AO work?

Thats what messed up new patch.

in ao folder, find Version.ID file, Open with notepad

Change it to 17.5.3_ep1 ( last time we had to remove "_ep1")
then download load the patch from funcom ftp ( sry cant remmember the address my history is cleared )
patch is AOPatch_v17.5.3_EP1-v17.6.0_EP1
then downlaod
AOPatch_v17.6.0_EP1-v17.6.1_EP1

run the first patch, then second, then start AO. AO may downlaod another patch for launcher

Then u can play and everyhting works!!!!
Wonder how long the bagladeshy outsourced programmers will take to fix this. they prolly tell u to reinstall, have u turned it off and on again, is it plugged in..etc
A freshly picked BLUE rose for j00
<3
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

mytefe wrote:This is the problem I had!!!!!
Wonder how long the bagladeshy outsourced programmers will take to fix this. they prolly tell u to reinstall, have u turned it off and on again, is it plugged in..etc
lol tefe, i had a case like this at work where the cleaning staff had unplugged some-ones mouse & keyboard by mistake or another employee did it as a practical joke. 7am i get this girl comming to me saying her pc is on but she cant do anything lol.

Practically in tears cause she has a deadline.... so dumb, but yes the first question from tech support would most likely be is it on^^
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

Grind42 wrote:lol tefe, i had a case like this at work where the cleaning staff had unplugged some-ones mouse & keyboard by mistake or another employee did it as a practical joke. 7am i get this girl comming to me saying her pc is on but she cant do anything lol.

Practically in tears cause she has a deadline.... so dumb, but yes the first question from tech support would most likely be is it on^^
True story from the early days of mainframe computers.

[Adjusts blanket around knees and leans back into rocking chair]

Before the day of miniturisation harddisk drives took up HUGE amounts of space. Imagine a machine about the size of the bottom half of your refridgerator that had a capacity of approx. 200Mb. Many large companies that used mainfames had buildings specifically set aside to house their computers and drives. And by buildings I am talking multiple floors with all the floor space used by the harddrives.

An IBM engineer friend of mine related the tale of an insurance company that had the most persistant, random error problem in their nighttime processing. It had been occuring for almost 4 months, every Tuesday and Wednesday night, sometime between 10pm and 11pm.

The eventual cause was tracked down by accident. One of the local cleaners that only worked on Tuesday and Wednesday nights would do the rounds of the computer rooms sweeping up the rubbish. Unfortunately, the fans keeping the harddrives cool would keep stirring the dust. So the cleaner would turn off a harddrive, sweep around it, turn it on again and turn off the next drive ... :oops: ](*,) :oops: ](*,) :oops: ](*,)
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

:rotf1: :rotf2:

In the words of Trump "YOUR FIRED" <--- WTB an emoticon for that.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins