loging problem... again !

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Soulant
Growing Leet

loging problem... again !

Post by Soulant »

well ... i hope u guys notice i havent been on for the past few days, the reason for hat is very simple , i CANT !

im having problems with the file : Anarchypatcher.exe , every time i open the AO log menu its start downloading it ... then the program shuts down when the download is finished... ive read about it in the forums and didnt find any thing that showed helpfull .... so if any of u had this problem and solved it plz tell me how.

( i dont feel like downloading the installation all over again then patching , and found out that wasnt the right thing 2 do ;) )

thx and hopefully c u soon .
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

C:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online\version.id

Open that file with Notepad or some other REAL basic text editor.

Change the text in it to <lastworkingpatch>_EP1 so for example 17.6.1_EP1.

Save the file.

Get the patch(es) (be sure to get the EP1 ones!!) from the following link

So if your last working patch was 17.6.1, get the 17.6.1_EP1 - 17.6.2_EP1 patchfile. (Direct link to the USA FTP and Norway FTP here :D ).

Execute that thing. See if after using this patch AO works?

If that didn't help, try changing the version.id file to 17.6.2_EP1 (current Live patch), and try to boot AO again. If that didn't work I wouldn't have a clue what would short of a reinstall :)

/Lup
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Soulant
Growing Leet

Post by Soulant »

well i did try to do what u told me but still.... every time i try to load AO its start downloading that F---ing file and when it finish .... its reloading the menu again and again and again and agian and .... u gessed right AGAIN !!! (every time downloading the file )

seems something is wrong with the file but i have no idea what to do

no one here also had this problem ? please help me :cry:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I don't Have this problem and I didn't hear of anyone else experiencing it at the moment in AP. i'll ask around and see if we can figure out something.

To be honest though, I think it would be faster to save your preference folders and then to uninstall and reinstall from a clean download. Yes it's a pain, but it's faster than searching for a solution for days and days.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Alphacenta wrote:If that didn't help, try changing the version.id file to 17.6.2_EP1 (current Live patch), and try to boot AO again. If that didn't work I wouldn't have a clue what would short of a reinstall :)

/Lup
Tried that one too?
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Soulant
Growing Leet

Post by Soulant »

well ... after reading some on the forums i know what the problem is.

my computer was recently infected with a lot of viruses and seems thos cose this problem... i it seems i have 2 do a format for this game to "work as intended" ;) need to find some time to do it so... hope it will help and hopefully c u soon :wink:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

You have no anti-virus? Get AVG free edition, it's working very well:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/

and add Spybot Search & Destroy for malware

www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Also some commercial products come with a bootable CD-ROM/disk allowing you to cure your computer even if it's already extremely infected (ie the anti-virus installation could be impossible)
Soulant
Growing Leet

Post by Soulant »

well after tring alot of ways to fix this computer ( not my original 1 ) seems i"ll have 2 find time to do a full format , so im afreid you people wont c me online any time soon, wish u all best of luck and i hope i"ll b back Soon ;) love u AP !!!

soul out !
Soulant
Growing Leet

Post by Soulant »

Just letting u people know im downloading the game from bitorrent slow ass speed tho (65ish kps) so xpect me soon
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

good, hope to see you back soon :)