hahahaha ZERO culture!

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

hahahaha ZERO culture!

Post by Chrisax »

Rulzie wanted to call one of his characters "Janus" based on the roman god Janus (the one who gave his name to "January")... here is the reply...

[Athen Paladins] Rulziekeep: [Name-Request]: The name that you have requested violates a rule in the naming filter. We cannot change your name to the one you have requested. <- Janus?
Zero :graduate: among the names service or what?

:rotf1: :rotf1: :rotf1: :rotf1: :rotf2: :rotf1: :rotf1: :rotf1: :rotf1: ](*,) :crazy:
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

For those who are interested in the cultural and historical significance of the name "Janus", look here.
Metamate
Growing Leet

Post by Metamate »

I believe that the name Janus is blocked by the naming filter as Janus is a legacy long-term character, the supposed head of Omni-InternOps. Please correct me if I'm incorrect on this.
“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we
did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so
welcome.”- Anne Bradstreet
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

That could be a good point Meta. I'll do some testing when I have time but I doubt it as, in the past, some people could call their characters "silverstoneX" or something before they had to change it. I think it's more of an issue with "anus", like the ridiculous ban of a character last year because someone didn't understand the meaning of the name (can't remember the case though).

Nevertheless, if it's really because of a legacy character, then.... it's not fun anymore! :evil:
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Chrisax wrote:I think it's more of an issue with "anus", like the ridiculous ban of a character last year because someone didn't understand the meaning of the name (can't remember the case though).

Nevertheless, if it's really because of a legacy character, then.... it's not fun anymore! :evil:
Minge.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
mytefe
Big Leet

Post by mytefe »

my friend had to change his name cuz he get petitioned.
his last name was "birtydastard". imo the funniest name i see in ao
A freshly picked BLUE rose for j00
<3