Enough content to not be bored grinding?

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Enough content to not be bored grinding?

Post by Mortus »

I'm very tempted to come back to AO. I'm a bit curious about the ever present grinding. With all the new added content, is the grind spread out enough over different areas and kinds of tasks so that it disguises itself like actual fun gameplay? Your 2 cents please!
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

All MMORPG are about grinding... But the recent additions to AO did spread the grind over a lot of domains. Now, still, there is grinding but you don't have anymore to spend your life spawning alien generals to get a decent armor!

Among the positive things, you can get awesome armor (Ofab, Dust Brigade) without struggling with random drops and without farming credits.

Ofab is simple: do the job, get the points, buy the armor pieces: 100% guaranteed, no crappy loot from alien generals, no farming a 1% drop feom a boss that requires a raid to be killed. You can get the points in alien missions (PvM) and in battlestations (PvP). It' clearly faster in BS but in alien mission you get axp at the same time. So it's spread.

DB offers good loot all the time. It' random but always good, at least for a while, before you got most of the stuff.

Also personal research consumes your sk/xp but gives you some nice permanent perks and modifiers. You cant decide on the % you want to affect to your levels and to research and you can change it anytime.

You can get axp in City raids, alien missions, in the three "legacy" alien zones, plus now sector 10 for mid levels, and sector 42 for Title 7.

Several quests have been added with very good rewards. One for title 5/6 on RK for a nice prof nano, and several in SL, with a special mention for the Adonis one giving you a great brain even if you are 220.

RK "Dreadloch" camps are another opportunity for raiding and they are on a 2 hours time, unlike the mercs no spawning is required.

I'm rambling a bit so, to summarize:

- Getting new gear and nanos:
  • . Albtraum team instanced zone
    - Alappaa team instanced zone
    - Battlestations and LE missions (Ofab armor and weapons)
    - Dust Brigade dig site team instanced zone
    . At least 7 major quests on RK or in SL added since you left
    . New alien sectors
-Perks and character improvements:
  • . Global research (well advanced now, it's a gift for oldtimers coming back)
    . Buff devices to use with global research (Ofab)
    . Personal research
    . Perk reset is 2 hours now
- AXP:
  • . New LE missions
    . Sectors 10 and Sector 42
    . And still cities and APFs
- PvP:
  • . New PvP system next patch
    . Battlestations
- New places:
  • . Alppaa
    . Albtraum
    . Sector 10 and 42
    . DB dig site
    . Ultimate DB encounter next patch
    . Dreadloch camps

SK/XP:
  • . SL missions in all the zones now
    . Quests on SL and RK
    . New RK bosses (DB, Dreadloch,...) give you SK too if you are 200+
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

OMG are those all we do all the time? I must be possesed from this game . i didnt realized that they are too many! :apc:
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

lol, yeah think about all those with many 220 alts :(
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Oh so tempting. Sounds like much new fun stuff. Especially the lower timer on perk reset, will make twinking less of a pain. Maybe I'll come back to the summer, hmm.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Looking forward to teaming with jooo Mort^^ Hope all is well.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Axirillon
Big Leet

Post by Axirillon »

./pokes nose in, new content added quite some perspective.

/shout WTB some time, PST if ye can add some 3 days to me week

-Axi
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Axirillon wrote:./pokes nose in, new content added quite some perspective.

/shout WTB some time, PST if ye can add some 3 days to me week

-Axi
Hey! WTB some more time here too. 9pm on a sunday and I'm in school writing a report. \\o//