Not dead at all...

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Not dead at all...

Post by Mortus »

Downloaded the AO full client in about 15 minutes from the torrent on the website, about 5MB/s, so there's at least some people who try this game out, the regrowth of the playerbase != dead.

...or maybe it's just some rabid old players seeding it :D

The old client I had installed refused to recognize that I had a graphics card, so I'm trying a fresh install. Still haven't decided if I'll buy gametime or play froob though.
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

You're on the way back.... good new already :D
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Chrisax wrote:You're on the way back.... good new already :D
Ya, slowly :)

My point though was that I wasn't the only one downloading the torrent, ie lots of more players downloading it, some of them probably new.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Doublefail!

Just reactivated my account...

I only wanted like 1 month of gametime to try it out and see if it was fun. However 3 months is soo much cheaper/month then 1 so I decided I'll get 3 months. I log in, and realize I don't have the LE expansion. So: Back to the funcom site and the "all expansions upgrade" - which gives 30 days gametime... DOH... So now I have paid for 4 months when I only wanted 1. But it gets better! I was able to login at first, but when I tried to relog to let the LE expansion activate, it says "payment failed - account frozen". So now I can't play anyway. :D
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Payment failed? Credit card issue? You should check again. We are waiting for you! :)
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Chrisax wrote:Payment failed? Credit card issue? You should check again. We are waiting for you! :)
Na, I had at least 20x the amount needed on my card. However the MMO-crave was too strong so I started an trial WoW-account last night :P
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

ffs mortus, well you will soon will get bored with the cartoon cookie cutters and come back for real :D