17.9 Patchnotes from today (4/1/08) Edit: April's fool

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Hyde
Hyde!

17.9 Patchnotes from today (4/1/08) Edit: April's fool

Post by Hyde »

Direct link for Sil's post: here
Silirrion wrote:New features and Major Changes

Sided Content

- Players will no longer be able to leave the shuttleport as neutral and will have to speak to a recruiter to choose their side.

- Existing neutral players will be given a time of one week to decide which faction to choose - At the end of this week all neutrals will be repatriated based on which city they choose to log out in. All neutrals within Borealis will be transferred to Omni-Tek, while all neutrals within Newland will be transferred to the Clans. These cities will also change hand to their respective sides.

- Players over 200 will now be able to switch sides but will have to revert their faction manually.

- You will no longer get negative faction for attacking mobs of your own side in Shadowlands. You can now only gain or lose faction through mobs in indoor static areas.

Tarasque

- Dungeon now changed to 75% gas to prevent further griefing issues.

Perpetual Wastelands

- A new huge alien raid has been added to this playfield for the most experienced alien raiders.
- Access to Perpetual Wastelands now requires that you have AI level 30 due to the alien presence.

Inside The Machine encounter

- All pathways leading to Ground Chief Aune have now been turned into transparent plexi-glass, adding an additional layer of challenge to the encounter.

Pandemonium

- Pandemonium has now been made into a single team instance.
- Additional teams may be brought inside the instance through special 'access passes' available from the VP and Paid Points Vendors
- There will now be two instances of the Beast in the final room to help increase drop rates

World Changes

- In an attempt to combat the various visual glitches across Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands, new rocks have been placed at multiple locations through-out the world. This includes: Pleasant Meadows, Mort, Clondyke, West Athens, Rome Blue, The Subway.

- All mission mobs now have the chance to drop all loot found normally within regular AI city raids. This includes items such as viral bots.

- Given feedback that players miss fighting Hecklers in the shadowlands all mobs in Shadow-missions will now be Hecklers.

- Hecklers will all carry ingots again and the value of the ingots has been doubled.

Nano/Perk Changes

- NT Cyberdecks now include the Burst/Fling Shot/Aimshot special abilities. All Cyberdecks will now include the need for Energy Ammo to utilize these special attacks.

- Damage on all NT nukes has been doubled in PVP.

- The negative modifiers of Grand Theft Humidity have been doubled to increase its effectiveness

- The "False Profession" nanoline is now being extended to several other professions, including Shade, Keeper, Nanotechnician, Doctor, and Meta-Physicist. We fully expect this change to bring about exciting new tactics in mass PvP, and look forward to seeing the general response.

- Soldier Reflect Shield line now extended to match the higher levels of gameplay. All reflect shields regardless of level will absorb and reflect 100% of all damage, with the nano's time-exist reflected by the quality level of the nano.

- Trader charm line now extended to be viable in PvP, allowing Traders to effectively hijack and utilize other players.

- Aimshot now checks against nano-resist and evades skills.

- Grid Armor may now be used in Shadowlands and has had its stats doubled to reflect that no other armor can be worn.

- Extending Bureaucrat charm line to Engineers, allowing them a new attack pet. This will work in conjunction with their pre-existing pets.

- Extending Engineer mechdog line to Bureaucrats. This will work in conjunction with their pre-existing pets/charms.

- All Doctor healing nanos will now have an additional 2-7 seconds cast time implemented, to better balance the level of healing within the game. This will only effect the Doctor class, not those using the newly-extended "False Profession" nanoline.

Paid Point Content

- Access to the Battlestations now requires the use of a special "Unicorn Summoning Device", available in the Paid Point Vendor shop for 1 Paid Point.

- Looting boss mobs now deducts 1 Paid Point credit from the player's account. If the player has no Paid Points, they will be unable to loot any corpse. This exciting new feature helps prevent further "ninja-looting" issues, as looting will now have a consequence.

My reaction
Necomancer
Leet

Post by Necomancer »

hyde u are seriously SICK :twisted: LOL nice one tho but u overdid it to the extreme lmao :twisted:
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I just reposted what Sil posted publicly :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

In patch 18.0 BTW, MPs will get the Dust Brigade Enhanced NSD that removes all the buffs from the NCU of the opponents. It's an area of effect nano.

OK, OK, I'll go to bed...
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Lol got to the bit about PW before i caught on :P
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

i had to get all the way to

- Given feedback that players miss fighting Hecklers in the shadowlands all mobs in Shadow-missions will now be Hecklers.

before i understood it was a aprils joke.
To my defence tho, i read it today, 3. april.
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

- Soldier Reflect Shield line now extended to match the higher levels of gameplay. All reflect shields regardless of level will absorb and reflect 100% of all damage, with the nano's time-exist reflected by the quality level of the nano. OMG that means total win or what

gimme MORE :twisted: