New Pocketboss/Dynaboss/Symbiant database

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Mardonge
Big Leet

New Pocketboss/Dynaboss/Symbiant database

Post by Mardonge »

Oki, so I have started this project, now I need all the help I can get :)

Now... what is this all about?
Well... AOPocket doesn't seem to ever be completed informationwise, so I decided it was time to make a new database of symbiants.

So far, I've coded the basic framework for it, and I have the basic tables up and running, with limited information in them.

You can see the result so far at http://project.u-h-s.org

I'm working on the data-input forms atm, but now I need help gathering all the data.

First of all, I need EVERY dynaboss in shadowlands mapped out, with the following information:
- Name (ofcourse)
- Aproximat level of dyna
- Playfield with general area and X/Y coordinates
- What pattern this specific dyna has dropped FOR YOU.

Then I need EVERY pocketboss mapped out with the following information:
- Name
- Level of pocketboss
- What Symbiant has dropped from this boss FOR YOU.

I know lot of this information can be found on AOPocket, but that information has also proven to be wrong in many cases.

So basicly, when you kill a dynaboss in shadowlands,or a pocketboss, I want you to do the send me information in the following format:
- Shift-F9 (copy/paste the infromation for coords etc.) for dynabosses.
- Vicinity loot message of patterns and symbiants dropped.

I will install forums on the project page soon for you to register and post the information on.

I will enter all the information into the databases myself, as I won't put to much work into the dataentry forms, since they will only be there while data is collected.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Ill see what info i can find for you mardonge :)

Its unfortunate but i once had a similar project, a bot to map out where to get pb patterns and drop rates but a hd failure took the sql database with it (learnt the hard way about backups lol)

The real trick is getting people to enter the info when they Dont get a drop so you can work out drop rates :)

GL to you, this is an awesome idea!
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

I've been thinking about doing some droprate statistics also, but that is on the bottom low on the priority list for now. The most important thing for me is to get confirmed and locations for all the symbiants and dynabosses.

When that data is complete, and the searchability of the db is on needed level, I'll have a look at drop statistics.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Nice job Mardonge. :D

We'll help the best we can.

Note that an issue aopocket experienced was people reporting wrong info. Some even did it on purpose, to keep "secret" the loot from some PBs for a while.

So we must work only with reliable people. :)
dpidcoe
Strong Leet

Post by dpidcoe »

New AP project:

Farm 50 patterns of every PB ingame and then kill all of them in a massive org raid to get the data :P
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Love that idea ^^

I've got a huge horde of pb's that ive collected on one of my froobs, just cant bring myself to get them made lol as i like collecting them so much :) Eternal horder ftw!
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

We needed some new PB parties, so that's an opportunity.

We have PBs in org bank.

I know some members have too.

I guess I can start making cystals.... plz other MPs help! :)
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Chrisax wrote:We needed some new PB parties, so that's an opportunity.

We have PBs in org bank.

I know some members have too.

I guess I can start making cystals.... plz other MPs help! :)
Well... I'm starting to get a fine "little" collection of pocketbosses already... If my IA is right.. I have almost 3 bags of complete blueprints atm... Any volenteer MP for crystals?
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

I have a few BPs with patterns, dunno how many complete blueprints, and my 150 MP can help with crystals, I'll make a few BPs of the highest ones I can next time I log on.
Axirillon
Big Leet

Post by Axirillon »

/me wobbles anxiously

mmmmm, I spose I could at least start patching my install, I'm starting to get a lil more spare time again. N I'm a decent pattern farmer.

- Axi
dpidcoe
Strong Leet

Post by dpidcoe »

I suck at pattern farming. But I've got 2k nano programming, a few BPs full of high ql novi (and the ability to farm a lot more) plus a refiner for it if you need someone to make the things.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

I could help with crystals im sure. Will double check if Bull can make 250 crystals will also apprehend someone to come with & fill them with the source as im sure Bull doent have the nano regen perk.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Mardonge, do you want to start the big PB week this week? Like on Friday for example, or Thursday. Many kills a day.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

I was planning something like that, yes.
However, I have bumped into some small issues with the database I'm storing the information in, and have to redesign a littlebit before I put in more information. Not quite sure how big of a job that will be yet, since I'm at work atm.

The issue is this:
I got some information that SEEM to be reliable drop information on symbs, recorded over 2-3 years. Now.. I have always belived that one symb only drops from one pocketboss. This information shows otherwise though, so I have to redesign the db to take higth for that, and thus recoding the queries used to display the information on web.

While I'm on that task, I'm also taking into account the symbs that drops from dynas, such as below QL50 symbs in Nascence and symbiants from TNH, and I'm also icluding confirmation records on every entry in the database to easier find back to the source I got confirmation from (and the date).

This doesn't have to interfear with the pb party at all, since I can just keep the notes in notepad while working though, but it may keep me a bit more busy than I really wanted to be before the weekend.

ALSO!!!
Keep in mind that Saturday 17th of May is norwegian constitutional day, and MOST norwegians are out celebrating until late nights that day (and the night before) :p
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

The database updating and page recoding went rather smooth.
Even got in some nifty visual confirmation on the drops while doing it.

Should be ready to populate now.

Anyone got a CVS list of all ingame symbiants I can push into the db instead of entering them one-by-one?