Fistydaclown's Blogggggg.g..gg.ggg....

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Fistydaclown's Blogggggg.g..gg.ggg....

Post by noobas »

You're doing great bud.

If you want to get better at twinking, you can read up on it in a couple sections in this forums.

Another interest approach, that I consistently do, is the pencil, calculator, www.auno.org method.

This method is really cool, and, generally it works, as long as you've got the parts, and competent trade skillers. I'm gunna breifly discuss this because you've mentioned doing "one cluster at a time" And realistically, sometimes thats the way you have to do it.

This is how it works: You open up auno. Go to item search. Enter a location (shoulder, body, weapon, etc), a QL (QL 250 for example), then scroll down to modifiers. This is the important part: select a modifer you want: say for example, you want to increase your nano resist. So you enter that in the "effects" section, then press "add"
EFF nano resist pops up in the modifier window. then you run the search.

Probably only a few items will pop up. It's ok though. you make a mental note of the items, or write it down and record the amount. then you read about the item, players will have commented on the item, and you can read what they write.

Sometimes, you'll read something like: whooaa! NERF fixers AGAIN.. they don't deserve this! if they write soemthign like that, make sure you take careful note of the item, and try to read about where to get it. Often, highly sought after items are very expensive, so it pays to look to see if variable QL items are available, or, if it only comes in one QL see if it's "special" or "unique" or "nodrop" All of the tags will affect the price. While it's impossible to buy a nodrop item from a shop, you can buy nodrop items in the form of "lootrights" People often sell lootrights to different objects using net bots. You can subscribe to these, or you will see them occasionally come up over the org chat. Generally, they are for more end game type gear though, so mostly it won't affect you.

Back to the pencil calculator thing...

the point of this is exercise is to learn all the different items there are that buffs certain skills.
For example, there are 8 stats which you WILL NEED TO learn to buff. They are the base stats, treatment, and computer literature.

Now, get out your pencil, and paper, and calculator, and write down that crazy item's reqs. whoa! 750 agi! how in hell are you goign to get that?!
Well, lets get started.

first, you start with your unbuffed agi skill: Maybe it's 430 then you add the highest implants you THINK you can get on, then, you add the best agility ARMOUR you can think of, then you add other items, such as research huds, or alien beacons, or whatever else, then you add buffs. then finally you add perks.
base: 530
Implants: 43 leg, 22 feet, 11 waist
Armour: Sekutek armour in 5 locations, miy's ranged armour in feet and legs. (5*4 + 6 +12) = 38
Items: research hud 5, agility rifle QL80 25
Buffs: feline grace(agent) 25, composite attributes 12
Perks: DNA: 29 Soli secondary genome 3, acrobat 12
Now, lets see how far away you are?

750-430-43-22-11-38-5-25-25-12-29-3-12= 95

Ok, so youre 95 points away, which is a fair amount, but it doesn't mean it's impossible.

750 stats usually are found on QL 250 items: slippers of screaming, mark of the fisher king, shroud of darkest night, etc.

Usually, people at level 150 are able to equip QL 250 items. So, perhaps in this case, you might want to try to level to 150 before you try this on... at 150, you can put on higher implants/symbs, you have about 60 more points from level increases and IP, you have the option of using the research hud level 2 (giving 15 agi, not 5), also, you can equip armour which will give more.

HENCE, you can get it on easily at 150. Keep this type of thought process in mind, when you start seriously thinking about twinking, and you will find that there are certain level ranges where twinking is VERY hard, and some level ranges where it becomes a LOT easier.

level 110 is a good level
level 126 is a good level
level 150 is a good level
level 165 is a great level
level 170 is a good level
level 220 is the last level
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
butrkup
Strong Leet

Post by butrkup »

I was proud to fight by your side in towers, Fisty! :)
-Butr <3
May the laughter fill your glass,
May your disappointments pass,
May your illusions last until they shatter
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

Ty butr! :mrgreen:
noobas...thanks for that!!! I printed it out and if i can get online tonite (see my error post in the expansion thread) I'm gonna give it a go.
-There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those that can't.-
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

hey fisty. I feel your frusration with the PvP in tower wars. When i was around the 200 lvl we were under attack and i was no where near equipped to the level i am now. Bad armour/symbs/no AR/evades and no PvP experience. I just zoned into the area and it was like BAM dead. So i asked around, what should i be doing they just said get in there and try to be a nuisance. So i went thinking i could just get a grace period rebuff and go from there, as soon as i zoned i got ganked again. This happened 2-3 times before we just relented.

Unfortunately a regular levelling player who is not twinked to the eyeballs in AO/LE gear just doesnt compete in any way possible, especially if you are in the early 100's as someone 30-40 lvls higher than you can gank you without even breaking a sweat.

I still say not to worry too much about twinking fisty until he is in the 200's. Just re-twink (in small ways) every 20 or so levels. SO upgrade armour/weaps and imps/symbs as you grow out of them. Otherwise you will take a break, spend aaaages finding items needed to be uber at lvl 110 then level to 140 in 3 days and be just pretty good for a 140.

You will also find that as a 200-220 you can farm patterns for symbs easily, join raid to loot expensive items to seel to fund a lower player. Save the twinking until you have a 200 char, then roll an alt and practice on it. On average to practice twinking on lvl 10-50 chars will cost about 10mil. depending how how rare you want to go. To twink a 100-220 can be billions. You can twink a lvl 10 char in a few days. A 220 char will take months. If you catch where i am going on this.
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

now thats interesting advice...I guess i should have quantified my statement when I said i wanted to learn twinking...what I want to do is somehow fill the empty slots in my implants to up my ranged init and some base stats. I figure if I start there slowly I can at least start to get the hang of it. I was going to start last night but I made a mad dash for my hover chair first and then did my first LE mish with tingting...we got dusted but boy was that fun.
I then got the team speak working...what a hoot!! (there are actually real people behind these toons!)
Anyway...I don't want to blow this game wide open...I want to take my time and learn as I go...
One thing I have been doing is collecting a bunch of stuff from these RK mishes...guns...armour...implants...some low lvl some higher that all have interesting bonuses to certain stats. And I've put them in my bank. I figure somewhere somehow they may become good for twinking. SO if anyone is needing any sts bonus item for twinking lemme know...dunno if I can help but meebe I can. Kind of like when Butr lent me the pistols that gave me a bonus to intelligence.

In the short term I am thinking about doing the team Fgrid quest but may need help on that one. #-o
and yeah...I'm going to continue to farm tokens...as long as it takes... :mrgreen:
and sit in my new hover chair! :lol:
-There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those that can't.-
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

What rojo said was way better than what I said. everything he said was spot on.

Just keep in mind, there are also other ways to get tokens. If you can get a bit more evades, and a bit more ranged init, I would recommend getting into a team and doing some le missions.

LE mishes will get you:

AXP, armour types, weapon types, tokens, some VP

armour types and weapon types are specific "typed" clumps that, after you buy (for example) a fixer ofab armour piece, you can upgrade it with 2 typed clumps to make improved OFAB and Penultimate OFAB.

Similarly, with OFAB weapons, they start at MK1, then with 5 clumps, move to MK2, MK3, MK4, MK5, and MK6. MK6 offers the highest damage range, with the same req's to equip.

If you are interested in OFAB weapons or armour, you will need to get VP. (victory points). You get some at battlestation and some with le mishes. Armour for leveling is not ridiculously expensive, but you will quickly find that you can only afford one item and rarely have the types to improve it. (which means you need to do lots of LE mishes)

So, as soon as you feel confident (or even remotely so) type /lft le mish while youre running to your solo mishes. then, when someone offers a team, take them up.

Often, as a slightly lower level, your roll will be to roll the mission. That is easy. You know where to go, talk to the unicorn dude in a white suit, and ask for an "take it easy on us" or a "we can handle our stuff" (the hard ones are really quite hard, so only do them if someone ELSE is killing for you) Thats it. sometimes you will get a bugged mish. In that case, the roller needs to delete the mission and roll again.

The primary responsibility of the roller is to run fast get to the dude, roll the mish and get inside.
LE mish with a good team takes 10 minutes. People will often (if in a good team) roll multiple ..(when I say multiple, I mean realllly multiple. Like, 30 mishes) missions, so, if youre in a good team and youre going fast, you can really clean up. think about how long it takes you to do 10 missions solo. Well you can easily do 10 missions in LE in 2 hours. That is a lot of tokens, and a few VP and hopefully a few typed clumps.

The last thing, is ALWAYS keep your teammates runspeed MAXED!!!!!!!!!!! As a fixer, you WILL always get asked for LE mishes. These are your bread and butter. People might or might not understand that you can't cast GSF yet, BUT, they will always ask. Get the bigest runspeed/evade buffs you can, as fast as you can. If you can make your team run fast, you will get TONS of tokens, and TONS of AXP.

(for reference, as long as there is a fixer in my team, I don't stop doing LE mishes- as a rule)

GOOD LUCK!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

hey fisty how goes that Fixer.

That robe you got the nelebs one can be upgraded by the pieces you loot off regular mobs in the dungeon in SoM. They are tradable so someone may have the complete set. for you at your level it would be more an exercise in what to do if you rolled an NT or MP or even Crat. Its great for nano based profs. But always good to keep items like this in reference.

Follow Nooba's "auno" advice to a T. Its awesome advice to anyone who wants to know "how did you know about that item". A question I asked constantly when i was a noob (so last week).

In terms of filling the empty spots in implants, some places will just have junk stats anyhow, but look at auno. best thing to do is register on auno then spend 30 mins while online doing a template for what you are wearing and post the link here. Its under equip config http://auno.org/ao/equip.php but best if you log in first so you can save them, then in the future you can just load up the profile and make slight changes to your char. that way we can pick apart your holes and suggest better things for you. Also post your "unbuffed" base stats like agi, stam etc as that will aid us in decisions for QL.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128068

Something like that would be ok i guess. Pred armour can be hard to get. Otherwise you can try to get GA4 which is near impossible. I'm not a real fixer buff so the armour is probably all wrong. I chose the imps based on what nano skills are used most. prob is BM and MM are on the same spot and so is SMG & Burst. The QL of the imps isnt vital so if you can get a 180 in then thats better than nothing. Arul's (wrist item) give you health +680 so thats always good for soloing. Plus the only req is that you are TL4 so simple to put in!!!. Ring slot use the SL portal ring you have.

Lots of HUD/UTIL spots become available as you get higher so dont stress too much with empty spots
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

Elro! Thanks I was able to look at it briefly on my lunch hour. I will do as you and noobas say. very tired tonite so if I go in game it'll be just to hang or look at stuff...dunno...but I will post my setup on Auno and paste the link here in the next day or so. Too tired to do it tonite. :cry:
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

Well last night was a surprise. I was as I said very tired form a hard day at the job and decided to log on just to try to twink in one of the symbiants I was given. I figured it would be a low thought and low energy thing to do. Buut...lol what happened was totally different. When I went on teamspeak and asked if anyone had a buff to help me out...and *woot*...my mates descended on me like friendly locusts and not only after a couple of hours did I have on all the symbs I was given but I was also in the possession of a new ql175 perenium beamer all due to all of your good hearts. I got so confused as to who was who and what I had been given by whom that I can't even remember who specifically did what to help me (except i remember Butr because she's the only woman...I know Elro and Nooba were there and Jimzip I think)...all your alts confuse the heck out of me! So I was online much longer than I intended and was exhausted when it was over but I was smiling.
ok a big thanks to you all my good friends. You are the best and your spirit of in-game friendship was once again on full display.

I still intend on doing both what nooba and Elro suggests on Auno... :)
I still want to get more tokens... 8)
I want to try to get that Team Fgrid quest done... #-o
and I want to try out the new beamer I have... :mrgreen:
I'm gonna hang onto my dual mort beamers...I'm not gonna sell em. I figure I'll use em again someday with another toon. Who knows I may even roll another fixer in the future. I really like this trade...dunno...

see you all online gang!
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

Sorry for the silence as of late. We are dealing with an illness in the family. So my online gaming is somewhat hampered. Also, if I am online there are times when I'll be AFK suddenly or have to log. Its just the way it is folks.
Anyway...take care.
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

All the best with your family.

Btw fisty iff you need pred armour I have some leftover pieces when I camped the predators so give me pm with what you need and ill check (no sleeves for sure :-)).

I think we play in totally other timezones but iff you need a team count me in with my sol, got a new gun on and is well doing great dmg for the next lvls.
Last edited by cutiecub on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
butrkup
Strong Leet

Post by butrkup »

I am sorry to hear of your RL issues, Fisty, and will think good thoughts of you and yours. Take care and know we miss you!

:hug:
-Butr <3
May the laughter fill your glass,
May your disappointments pass,
May your illusions last until they shatter
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I'm sorry to hear about illness in your family. :cry: I can only wish you the best and hope you'll find the force to deal with teh situation.

We'll be there anytime you log on, and don't worry if you have to go AFK suddenly. :)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

aye. I hope your family is strong. Good luck and good health [-o<
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

hey fisty, glad to hear you are ok, but sorry to hear about the illness in the family. RL is always more important and when you are ready and able we'll all be here waiting to chat to you again. :) All the best