Patch 18.0.2 notes - Servers are back up

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Patch 18.0.2 notes - Servers are back up

Post by Rulzern »

Server''s back up, you can see the patch notes here.
Chrisax
President

Re: Patch 18.0.2 notes - Servers are back up

Post by Chrisax »

And if you can read AO forums from work, shool, or any reason, here there are:

18.0.2 Update Release Notes:

Game Updates and Improvements:

- Challenge the new 12 player Legacy of the Xan final raid instance and gain access to new powerfull items.

- Based on character affecting changes in the LOX booster a new full IPR will be available to everyone. (Everyone will now have ONE full IPR..these are not saveable/collectible.)

- The long awaited perk-reset NPC is now available on the Jobe Platform.

- Hotbar timers should now work in the "Controls" window.

- New Battle Station sided chat channels.

- All debuffs should now be removed from pets/owners inside the Decontamination Room.

Addressed Issues:

- New faster available monster corpses should no longer be tabbable targets.

- Monsters should no longer gain out-of-combat heal delta during combat.

- Shopping channels will now be limited to level 11+ to help combat spamming issues.

- PVP Fear nanos should once again function correctly.

- The Decontamination room should now once again correctly teleport out players to the correct locations.

- Several exploit fixes.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

from this thread
Means wrote: have to offer my most sincere apologies for todays update on behalf of myself and my team. Many of the features and fixes of this update are broken, inluding:

1. Correct mechanics/difficulty/loot of the new 12 man instance.

2. Obviously unintended ability to wear two HHAB type rings.

3. Monster regen in combat.

4. Etc etc etc.

The state of 18.0.2 on the live servers now was never supposed to be there...Thos of you who are dissapointed in what you see have good reason to feel that way.

In the interest of open honest communication what happened today has never happened before. Last weeks version of TestLive is now on the live servers. I have no explanation for this at present...and those most likely to be able to help us sort this out are away today for uninterruptable personal reasons.

We will be fixing these issues as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Nobody is more upset that this content we have been working so hard to produce the last weeks has been delivered in this manner...these issues will be worked out as soon as humanly possible...and when we are completely certain any of these issues will not persist.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

shopping channel lock to 11+ is useless. Spammers just use OOC.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Elrojo wrote:shopping channel lock to 11+ is useless. Spammers just use OOC.
But now regular players can use shopping; while Clan OOC was more or less completely useless before (and it still is), shopping is useful.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

i agree w/ rulz...but now I have to lvl my bank toon to spam
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

well for me OOC is useful on occasions, if i need a buff in a time that Allaince is quiet or also to answer any requests for buffs if i'm just slumming in OA searching GMS or whatever so i always have OOC on. Its kinda playfield specific which is good if you are in inf or not in Newland/OA/Bor.

I hate the idea of people turning off OOC to stop spammers and so people ignore requests for help from people asking in OOC. Its not very noob friendly to those without an org. Doesnt seem to fit with means request for AO to be more noob friendly. And ya all those people with lvl 11- twinks with only one account or a computer without the ability to dual log are now unable to buy/sell without being on a different char.

Its not really a fix so much as it is a transfer from one channel to another and causing needless hassles for players.

I know its a small issue but why not just remove the ability to type websites in shopping/ooc channels, some sort of code, i'm sure its possible. Or just have a lockout system for shopping channels so only 1 post per 5 mins or something similar to neutnet, so you have to register for shopping channels, there really isnt a need to post more frequently than that.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

I haven't had OOC on since 2003, only to check DD during a raid or something, but that's me
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

OOC can actually be quite useful in some areas like the new Xan PFs. Put it in a tab, hide the tab, then view it if you're in a spot where you need it. You get the history (instead of losing the history of earlier chat by not being subscribed). I do the same with Shopping. Tabs that you almost never open ftw. You don't even need the tab to be on your screen. Close the window and open it when you might need it. The chat will still be logged in the invisible window.