AFK

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
noobas
Leetissimo!

AFK

Post by noobas »

Hi Paladins

Just so everyone knows, i'll be offline (from game) I think for about two weeks.

there may be an opportunity to log in occasionally, but generally I'm goign to busy with some other stuff for a bit.

I'm in Lima, Peru for the next 15 days, I'm staying in Miraflores currently, which is the nicest area of Lima (a city of 9-10m people) but I'm heading up to Antamina Mine tomorrow night.

The mine is at 4500m, which is like 13000 feet. I have to take anti altitude sickness pills when I'm up there. It's about a 8 hour drive from Lima, and we leave wednesday night. The bus is a sleeper, so we wake up feeling quite weird on thursday. I'll be cruising around site and looking at water seeping from various locations of dams, rock dumps, tailings facilities and other stuff. It's very interesting work and it's not often my company will shell out some 6 grand to ship me around the world.

That said, while on site there won't be any chance of connecting, but even while I'm back in Lima, I will probably be taking every opportunity to get out and take pictures and see an exotic city.

So far, Lima is fairly run down, in much of the city area, there are millions of poor, and all the places that look nice are very well protected, with barbs, high fencing and lots of bars and gates. many places do not look that welcoming.

The people so far have been very friendly: La gente son muy sympatica!
I think thats right... lol

Anyway, I'm keeping my laptop close, my wallet and passport closer... There are many skilled pickpockets here. Not at the office, but when we go out, we must always be careful.

Talk to you all soon, my brothers and sisters!

I'll be connected to the forums semi-regularly, during these two weeks, so if anyone needs to get a hold of me for any reason, do it here.

Cheers!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Re: AFK

Post by cutiecub »

O wow nice opportunity indeed.

I like the Southern Part of Latin America too so I'm sure you will enjoy it.

And yes the great diff between poor and rich is striking at those regions, made quitte an impression on me too a few years ago.

Enjoy your stay there and don't work to hard.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Enjoy this great trip. :D

When you're at the top, at 4000+ meters... you'll be surprised to see how fast the inhabitants move while you just crawl miserably, exhausted by the most simple effort!

Get there slowly if you can, the slower, the better, to give a little chance to your body to adapt to the lack of oxygen. (You will not adapt really but it will be a bit easier.)
Polythemis
Growing Leet

Post by Polythemis »

That sounds like a great oppurtunity, have fun. I imagine the difference is even greater there but have gotten used to seeing the high walls and such here in Mexico. But I think I worry more about my laptop than my passport :P Atleast I did, it hasn't been as important lately.
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Adventure!!!! WTB pics!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I'll try to figure out how to get some pictures up on here.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Sounds AWESOME Nooba. :D

Very nice tour mate. Enjoy yourself, I'm jealous hehe.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Take care Nooba, want to have you back alive & healthy. Most of all Enjoy the experience.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I{m online up at the mine. these friggin spanish keyboards have all the apostraphes adn stufff in the wrong spots. nerf.

had a great day up here, I saw some amaing scenery and landscapes. This mine is just going full steam ahead, and business is booming. I have a few pics, but I can{t upload em now.

anyhow, I{ll be back in the office in Lima tomorrow hopefully, then back in game in a week. woot!
Boomer
The Boom

Post by Boomer »

Please be careful and Take care of yourself.
Sounds fun, I'll see you when you get back.