Simple 25 Trader PVM/PVE twink plan?

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Hyde
Hyde!

Simple 25 Trader PVM/PVE twink plan?

Post by Hyde »

I'm levelling a Trader alt to 25 (so I can sell to the Trader shop, which turns out to be level locked).

I figure since they just upped Subway to L25 to get in (instead of L24), I might as well make a cheap PVE (PVM in AO terms) twink out of him. I figure a Neleb's rod will do just fine, thanks.

He's not fr00b. I have the stuff for De'Valos sleeves. Beyond that I have no plan and haven't done much lowb twinking. I think I'd prefer Evades/AAD over HP, since Trader heals aren't so great anyway, and I should be able to drain enough AAO to evade most anything in Subway.

Anyone have a good step-by-step on which QLs of implants to ladder, which QLs of NCUs to shoot for, etc? I could figure it all out, but if I don't have to that makes it easy. I'm not looking for unique here, so a cookie-cutter plan is just fine.

Thanks,
/Hyde

PS. Five dollar foot long!
InsaneEvan
Strong Leet

Re: Simple 25 Trader PVM/PVE twink plan?

Post by InsaneEvan »

An absolutely stunning low level twinking guide that is literally step-by-step is Dredd's Low-Level Twinking Guide, (I'll post a link at the bottom of this post). He takes you through one of his subway Adventurer builds from the ground up. However, it is only for a level 10 and a level 15, so it might be a bit low for what you're after; it's also for a froob toon, so that might be not as helpful.

But it's definitely worth a look. It helped me out no end when I was building a 15 noob-rod trader.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=525818
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate; it is that we are powerful beyond measure"
Marianne Williamson
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I've been aching to find a good step-by-step guide to laddering imps. Usually, unfortunately it is more general.

1) buff X, put on carb + NCU ring, implant CL
2) put on higher NCU, add in higher buffs,
3) Put in higher CL imps
4) Repeat 2-3 until you cant go further.
5) Reset and buff abilities + treat
6) put in imps.
7) repeat 5-6 until cant go further.

Or something similar. I think at 25 you should aim for about ql 130ish.

I was always thinking the key to a lowbie trader is the ability to twink an absurd amount of NCU for OSB then just drain and ladder. With say 400 NCU you can go behe, PNH, RRFE, HoT + mochies + cost. Allow 60-80 NCU for your drains.

Regarding Armour I think a medsuit is seriously a good way to go to max 1st aid and hence massive healing/nano. Also with reflects (OSB'd) you take only small dmg.

Issues would be nano pool (higher drains will kill NCU), but again OSB PNH or even just HE and cost and you will be fine.

AAD wouldnt be a huge thing as you will drain + HP + HoT + Reflect.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Why not aim it for pvp instead? Sure, possibly slightly less effective in pvm, but can probably still kick ass both in subway and some totw, while still keeping pvp as an option. (not saying change the weapon or anything, noob rood is excellent :))

Edit: Although I guess the initial aim was a fast and easy twink for fun and not some pvp monster. Don't do the mistake of over-planning and never actually twinking (I do that all the time) :P
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

actually, rojo, I'd argue that AC's are more efective damage mitigation than reflects at level 25.

If a mob was hitting you for 100 dmg (pretty big hit), you'd only need 300 AC's to reduce the damage by the same amount as RRFE would.

In fact, I'll argue that AC's are MUCH more effective than reflects for damage mitigation at low levels, especially in PVM.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Do high AC's make up for lower 1st aid and healing? I guess probably

GL Hyde though.

If i see a guide I will post