Grrrr

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Chrisax
President

Re: Grrrr

Post by Chrisax »

Uh, Lasa, sorry, I didn't want to ruin anything. I was making picky comments because you are going for a high-end, expensive system.

Honestly, the only thing that I don't like is the PSU. And the thing that really requires precisions is the video card.

The rest will perform nicely.

Just blame me for being a pain. :)
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

lol, no Chris you´re not ruining asnything. I´m greatfull for your comments and much time spend on this. It just bugs me a bit cause of the great reviews and prices they have gotten from their builds. I have no clue what is good and what isn´t, and I do ofc want as much as possible for the money I will spend.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Do you have any names of computer stores in Denmark we could look at? or an easy way to find them?

Once again, the system you listed, with the two restrictions I mentioned, will perform very well.

About the case, it seems it's an import from Far East (there is nothing bad with this; there are excellent cases made by small companies). I just regret they don't show the inside.

It seems that they add foam on the side panels and maybe elsewhere. It's what most manufacturers, even prestigious ones, do when they make "silent" cases. It can help, although adding low density foam to dampen something is questionable. Most often it's the adhesive itself that creates a dampening effect and not the foam itself, especially if it's an open cell foam i.e. not stopping air. I will explain that when I post about dampening my monster.

About sound, the Dolby Home Theater they mention is provided by the sound chipset Gigabyte uses on their MB http://www.gigabyte.dk/products/page/mb ... -ud3rev_10 (a feature which the Asus I first listed doesn't offer BTW), so I don't think they add something. (?)
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/vis.a ... 35&menu=pc
this is how it looks inside, I can seeit kinda looks boring/dull compared to others, but if it works its cool by me
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Lasa... As I hate being a dream breaker, I search for stores in Denmark and I found a "PC Konfigurator" at http://www.proshop.dk but does this mean they actually BUILD it?

If they build, they have quite a good choice of components, several I really like, some that wouldn't be my very first choice but still good, and all brand names.

I quickly made a configuration at 10 026 DK. (Leaving some room for buying Windows too). Could be lowered in several ways (choosing a 60GB SSD will already lower the price a lot).
Processor:	Intel Core i7 2600 3.40 Ghz (4 Kerner - 8 Tråde) [Sandy Bridge]

CPU Kølere:	Corsair Cooling Hydro H60

Bundkort:	P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Hukommelse:	Kingston DDR3 - 1600MHz - 16GB(4 x 4GB) HyperX

Grafikkort:	Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 1GB

Harddisk 1:	OCZ Vertex 3 SSD - 120 GB

Harddisk 2:	Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Optisk drev 1:	Samsung SH-222AB DVDRW Black

Kabinet:	Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus

Strømforsyning:	SilverStone ST85F-P 850W (modulær))
Maybe have a look to know if they assemble it?

(OK, Silverstone is not the top of my move list for PSU's but in the "Konfigurator" they only offer that and some BeQuiet PSU's that are quite overpriced. That Silverstone should do the job correctly.)
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

yes Chris, they built it after the components you chose in that configurator.
Dunno why I didn´t think of that store, I have bought several things there over the years.
So you think that will be a nice capable computer?
I added win 7 to it and I can afford that.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Give me a moment to check again, as I know now that they can build.

Of course I have no clue on how serious and reliable they are. I can only say that, so far, in Denmark, it's the most interesting list of components we found for something that has to be assembled by the store.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Ok, I went back to the site and I made this, which is only a small modification.

I included Windows in Danish and a DVD read/write. I replaced the Caviar Green by a Caviar Blue (better performance, still not a Black but Black is overpriced ATM).

Total price is 10 945 krone.

It can be lowered by choosing:

12GB RAM instead of 16GB: -135 kr
60ish GB SSD instead of 120GB: - 390 kr (in this case push maybe a bit the regular HD capacity)

Processor:	Intel Core i7 2600 3.40 Ghz (4 Kerner - 8 Tråde) [Sandy Bridge]
    CPU Kølere:	Corsair Cooling Hydro H60
    Bundkort:	P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    Hukommelse:	Kingston DDR3 - 1600MHz - 16GB(4 x 4GB) HyperX
    Grafikkort:	Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 1GB
    Harddisk 1:	OCZ Vertex 3 SSD - 120 GB
    Harddisk 2:	Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
    Optisk drev 1:	Samsung SH-222AB DVDRW Black
    Kabinet:	Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
    Strømforsyning:	SilverStone ST85F-P 850W (modulær)
Software pakker:
    Operativsystem:	Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 64bit (dansk)

My comments:

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600 3.40 Ghz
Just perfect.

Corsair Cooling Hydro H60
Will work nicely. Would have preferred ideally a H80 or Antec 620 and, top, my Antec 920 but that would be WAY too much expensive. The H60 is a good choice. Also remember the advantage is those systems sends their hot air immediately outside the case, so it is never inside. (With the current engine of SWTOR, and in Summer, you could experience more heating than with a 920 or H80 but nothing dramatic, it will work.)

P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
j00 just got my motherboard!... What else?! :D

Kingston DDR3 - 1600MHz - 16GB(4 x 4GB) HyperX
Almost perfect. It's a 4x set instead of the theoretical 3x that should be installed but with RAM speed today it will be fine, and 16GB covers all your needs by far, present and future.

Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 1GB
It's what Bredin got, I guess. A very nice card. Will do more than fine in any game or for video.

OCZ Vertex 3 SSD - 120 GB
Very good performance. Forget the fact I don't personally like OCZ a lot. This is a very nice SSD. And, dammit, you got room!

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
Good all-purpose hard disk. Better than the low power Caviar Green. The Caviar Black is overpriced ATM. With 120GB in the SSD, you should have enough room for almost any thing.

Samsung SH-222AB DVDRW Black
Nothing to say. Will do the job fine.

Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
Well designed case and low price. Good cooling. Very nice for its class. The look is a bit special but still OK.
If you want better, larger, and (IMHO) prettier, try the Antec Nine Hundred but it's +264,00 kr so it's quite a bit...
Site: http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTcyOA==
Review: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1207/1/

SilverStone ST85F-P 850W
OK, Silverstone is not the top of my love list for PSU's but in the "Konfigurator" they only offer that and some BeQuiet PSU's that are quite overpriced. That Silverstone should do the job correctly.

Overall, it's a very very nice system. Should be zero issue with any game, and very good performance.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Changed the site link for the Antec case, I was pointing to the first version instead of v2.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Again thx alot for using so much time on this. I will make the order some time this weekend and hopefully be up and running sometime next week.
Dont see that hd blue 500 in configuration though!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB

Oh wait... I guess I made the last configuration with Advanced PC and not Gamer PC because finally I found more options... give me a moment.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Yes, use "Advanced PC" to start with and you'll have the Blue option.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Ok, I got my new computer this afternoon. downloading SWTOR now, so maybe see you later or tomorrow. :D
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Grats Lasa :)