Open beta will start on May 11

Chrisax
President

Open beta will start on May 11

Post by Chrisax »

Theoretically, the open beta of TSW will start on May 11. So, likely, people will start being invited around this date and will be able to download the game (limited beta version) and play it.

The current closed beta is over; a major patch is being implemented at the moment. It should take a few days and all closed-beta testers should received TWO email messages:

- a poll about their experience so far

- information about the new closed-beta step

During the open beta, we should see people invited because they registered for the beta. Also they will be beta weekends that should (?) be even more open. This is not totally clear at the moment.

Note that being registered doesn't mean (in my understanding) you'll have necessarily immediate access on May 11.

If I have time, I'll try to create a TSW how-to-play guide for AO / AoC / SWTOR / WoW players joining the beta without breaking the NDA (and with more details after the NDA).

It is VERY important to understand how TSW works to fully enjoy it. It's quite different of what you have known so far (and if you feel it is not, then, you probably missed some points.) :cool:
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Re: Open beta will start on May 11

Post by Sillanto »

This is great news :)

I'm very much like Hyde at the moment, if the beta turns out well I could probably convince myself to get one of lifetime accounts.
The crafting system looks promising, and im hoping it turns out to allow the level of customization that the implant system in AO gives.

Edit: Holy cow, its 6 years!?!? since we setup the forum
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Sil :D Good to see you! :luv:

Honestly, it's very different to be playing a structured (even if limited) beta instead of parts of the game. (oops) And it looks really enjoyable BUT TSW needs to be understood (hence my faqs in the making)

Crafting is totally different from AO or from anything I know. It's very powerful and open.

If you consider that crafted items have -ideally- to be optimized for each possible "build" a character can set up... Then crafting is simply close to infinite.

The great thing is that, the further you are in your progression, the more possibilities you have.

Instead of narrowing your spectrum by hyper-specialization set in stone, TSW makes you more and more versatile.

And in the highest encounters... you NEED to figure out HOW to set up yourself for the battle even before starting it (or after being spanked once).

If you think AO was complicated... just meet TSW end-game! But the great thing is you can also play it simple (but still smartly) and still have fun.

Stay tuned, Sil ! More to come here.

And yes, 6 years on these forums but the first AP forums were up NINE years ago! I still have the database. :)

:apftw: :troops:
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I got a beta invite =D>

I actually got an invite this morning on two different email addresses, so it seems like things are really ramping up. I am eligible to sign on tomorrow evening.
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Sign on?... As in "play the beta"?

This is still the closed beta, nice.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Snippets from the email:

"You have been selected to participate in the closed beta phase of Funcom's upcoming MMO, The Secret World. You will automatically be included in all future beta events for The Secret World. "

"The beta is currently open and we are doing invites in waves. Your account will be activate from Tuesday May 8th at 5pm EST, however you are able to create you account, install and patch the game before this time."

"You account will be activated for the PvE Tech test scheduled for Tuesday May 8th. For more information, please see the beta forum or the game launcher. We have chosen to conduct the tests targeted towards specific areas and/or features of the game we want testing and feedback on. As the beta progresses you will have access to more content than these targeted tests and the length of when the beta will be open will also increase."
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Cool. Say when and Paladina will be waiting for you, without, of course, spoiling your personal experience and discovery.

... and are you all ready to follow Paladina through this door?

Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Wearing those shorts? You betcha... *dreams of chris' calves*
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I'm downloading the client and will be online at this time tomorrow :-) earlier actually.
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Rulzern wrote:Wearing those shorts? You betcha... *dreams of chris' calves*
She is wearing them, not me. And that's because pants are ugly so far and the mini-skirt is... we'll you can't really climb a ladder when in a team...

Just calm down Rulzie... calm down. My main will be the good old Chrisax.

Bredin, OK, I even saved some stuff for you. :)
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Chrisax wrote: Just calm down Rulzie... calm down. My main will be the good old Chrisax.
You're breaking my heart here... :cry:
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Keys for the beta weekend are being given away here!

http://uk.gamespot.com/event/codes/secret-world-pc/
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

in typical "awesome" funcomness I got my beta invite email today (11/05/12) where the weekend starts today. Now i need to patch all 11gb which will take like a whole day. So YAY i get to miss 1 of the 2.5 days of the trial.

I got funcom'ed
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

seems more like 2 days of patching.

yipee
enakur
Leet

Post by enakur »

Hm.. good point. i started the download too. see you inside.