Beta Preorder Rewards

Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Beta Preorder Rewards

Post by Sillanto »

This is a topic that always tickles me.

Depending on who you order from you get different 'rewards', for TSW this seems to take the form of pets (much like leets from AO) except that these pets actually offer a low level buff.

They are:

Cat - HoT
Wolf - Damage Boost
Hound - Dodge Boost

Since there arent any details of the buffs themselves its kind of hard to decide between aesthetics and usefulness :)

Myself I'm quiet partial to the wolf, however for any kind if low level dueling is even remotely similar to AO the Dodge / HoT are probably going to have far more effect?

Also on a side note from what i've seen on the forums you can preorder elsewhere (i.e. amazon.co.uk) to get the pet you want, apply the code to your account then buy things such as the Lifetime pack through the funcom account screen.

ps. Does anyone know if there are any pet "classes"? (ok I realise i should say "builds" but old habits die hard!)
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Chrisax
President

Re: Beta Preorder Rewards

Post by Chrisax »

Don't worry too much about the start pets. They won't do anything big (not to imbalance tha game) and I can assure you can can progress fine without their help, as it is now.

As the game is still being tweaked, the stats of the pets are not defined yet.

There is no "pet classes" but Elemental Magic can pop some help stuff. It's marginal though.

I tend to assume the HoT pet may be -relatively- more interesting but, really, I doubt you'll see much difference.

That said, all can change.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

I almost think of Pistol as a pet class. I'm liking those drones more & more. Bummer thing is you can't sic them on a specific target. (Meatball ... ATTACK!!")
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

Pr-order Cat
Exclusive T-Shirt
Screaming Demon Ring
Talisman of time
Ring of force
Dragon T-Shirt
NON-Faction cap
Sword of rising storm
Health Elixir

Thats all the items i'm getting... not much but every little bit helps

p.s and my game name Cavey has been reserved
------------------------------------------------------
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

So I preordered now. Good times.

Probably won't play TSW much more before early access starts, things to see and people to do.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Nice to hear, Cavey and Rulzie! :)
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

I also went ahead and did a pre order
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Grats Lasa! :)
Calen
Maxi Leet

Post by Calen »

Ok Chris you talked me into it. I just pre-ordered on Amazon. Thanks for the email, and waking me from my current game slump. If anyone remembers me, hey there! :)
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Awsome! look forward to seeing you in TSW :-)
General, Athen Paladins
Kilajan
Strong Leet

Post by Kilajan »

Greetings Paladins. Too long time and no chat. Anyways, I'm alive. Thanks for the offer Chrisax. I'm not sure I will order the game tho. But you never know. Depends on what the price / month and so on. Would love to play with you guys again. The time in game that I spent with you guys are still the ones I cherish the most.
They who seek, will find an answer.

"If the tank dies it the healers fault, if the healer dies its the tanks fault and if the DPS die it's their own damn fault" - "Anonymous"
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Calen wrote:Ok Chris you talked me into it. I just pre-ordered on Amazon. Thanks for the email, and waking me from my current game slump. If anyone remembers me, hey there! :)
Awesome, Calen! :D =D>

If people remember you?! Last night I was asked about you in AO! And your name comes up a lot in chats.

Until two weeks ago when the markets were removed to make place for the new markets system, you still had your shop up in our city. :) (You lost nothing: a simple command can give you all the items and cash that were in your store.)
Calen
Maxi Leet

Post by Calen »

When I left I gave Grind access for a month before it shut down. Told him he could clean me out if he wanted. If I returned to AO, it'd be for that MA I made for pvp. But I like the idea of starting fresh with all my old friends. Gaming life was never the same without you. I wish I had paid attention to you all being in SWTOR (which I also don't play anymore)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Kilajan wrote:Greetings Paladins. Too long time and no chat. Anyways, I'm alive. Thanks for the offer Chrisax. I'm not sure I will order the game tho. But you never know. Depends on what the price / month and so on. Would love to play with you guys again. The time in game that I spent with you guys are still the ones I cherish the most.
It's nice to hear from you, Kila! :D

Your name is still known among AP members in AO. :)

You can check TSW site pre-order page to have an idea about the price of the game, of the bonus packs, etc.
http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

There is a Grand Master Pack including a lifetime subscription: you won't pay for your subscription anymore. You will, nevertheless, have to buy expansions when they are available.

It would be good to see you again. :)
Calen
Maxi Leet

Post by Calen »

Maybe preordering on Amazon isn't a great idea, I don't have any data to reserve my name, or add a TSW account... either way I'll still be here.