What faction in TSW? Poll

What would be your preference (as far as we can know) for AP's faction in TSW?

Illuminati
17%
Templar
66%
The Dragon
17%

Total votes: 35

Chrisax
President

What faction in TSW? Poll

Post by Chrisax »

FC is hurrying us :? , as they just made a time-limited "Founding Cabals" offer, allowing to receive Close Beta keys and advantages for the org. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=599666 (Side note: the advantage offered to the org leader is pointless for me as I already have a TSW lifetime account.)

So what would be your feeling?

Note that factions changed their look and feel since I first talked years ago about them.

Also note that, if necessary, we could open cabals for alts in other factions.
(Made some comments here about this http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 348#p54348)

To be honest, we are required to make a choice too early (and it won't really change anyhow in one week from now): we are far from being able to test faction in details and the faction-specific quests (only a small part of all quests, and the storyline quest being common to all factions) won't be released before launch.

Our most recent discussions (among others):
What will Paladins be in The Secret World?
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =98&t=7134
Chrisax wrote:Don't worry too much though, as the important thing is to have APs together! :D As I already explained in the past, the gameplay is very open so being in a faction doesn't prevent you from doing something really. Some soryline missions / quest may change but not the main ones.
Chrisax wrote: All societies fight Evil together. There fight each other only to take control of some advantages in warzones. No faction (society) is really bad or good.

Although there are storyline differences between societies, and different missions sometimes (not always: most missions and the main storyline quest are the same), and different headquarters, the differences will actually rely on real people in Cabals! ;)

Also, there is nothing ethnic or any power or weapon restriction about societies: you can be a Dragon with a machine gun and an Illuminati with a Katana or a Templar with both! And of course, you don't have to be an Asian girl to be a Dragon and a blond girl (videos) to be a Templar.

Due to FC's restrictions on the offer we can only run this poll for TWO days! Vote fast please!
(Also posted an announcement in org bot.)
Lasarina
Big Leet

Re: What faction in TSW? Poll

Post by Lasarina »

I chose Templar since I now how been playing for a bit more then a week as one, and think it´s fun and cool. I have played before being Illuminati and I didn´t have as much fun as now. But ofc my first experience playing was 5-6 months ago, so kinda early in beta stage. Anyways, I will go with whatever majority decides.
I haven´t done any pvp yet. I have tried to ask other AP´s when I have been online, but not cought any yet :( So still hope to see ya guys :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Lasa, at what times are you online Beta? We'll try to meet you.

ATM, my character is Paladina, our Org representative.
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

i voted Dragon. But if templar wins, i'm ok with it

i only play in the afternoons from 12 till about 5pm give or take an hour or so either way. The wifes thumb became very heavy over the years.
Last edited by caveman on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Well i usually play from 8 am til 8-9 pm Europe summertime
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

At dawn?! :shock: (jk)

I'll try to catch you soon although it's really not the time I can play much at. :)
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

ya, I know it´s not the best time, but my back doesn´t agree on playing much later, except a few times. But, I could maybe thy to at least log on to get an org invite. I will try to log a bit later than usual for sure. I could use a few tips aswell I guess ;)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Ask for tips here too, you're welcome. :)

Cabals invite doesn't work yet so I can't invite you. Paladina is the only one in the org so far.
:?!: :shrug: :beta:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks to all who voted already.

Note: I don't have the info from everyone but one PM I got + one posts here state that, regardless of their choice, those AP's will be OK with any faction finally picked.

To be honest, we are required to make a choice too early (and it won't really change anyhow in one week from now): we are far from being able to test faction in details and the faction-specific quests (only a small part of all quests, and the storyline quest being common to all factions) won't be released before launch.

I'm going to ask officially if multi-faction cabals would be finally possible. They were somewhat considered at some point but no news since.

I personally suggested "Clubs" or "groups" gathering people of various origins.
(After all, there are in fiction works many examples of groups made of people who should have never worked together: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (The comic books NOT the movie OMG), and the well-know Avengers or Justice league of America, to just stay in the comics domain.

Regarding PvE, it's very easy to design and implement.
Regarding PvP, it's more complicated but doable.

Anyhow, we can also consider AP satellites in "other" factions that our main one.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I sent the email to have AP apply as a founding cabal.

The marketing department's criteria being usually impossible to understand, we have no guarantee to be chosen, though.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

If One of the longest standing and largest (certainly AO) guilds in funcoms games I dont see how they cant choose AP :)
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Sillanto wrote:If One of the longest standing and largest (certainly AO) guilds in funcoms games I dont see how they cant choose AP :)

Bredin found out that the founding cabal offer is actually made in cooperation (business deal?) with guildlaunch.com whose job is to offer paid web hosting for guilds...
http://www.theguildlife.com/promotions/ ... ing-cabal/ (see at the bottom of the page)

And, as they asked for the web site of applying cabals, I'm afraid we won't interest them as we don't need their services and we are even a "bad" example for other cabals as we host ourselves. We'll see.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Well, we could always sign up with that website if it makes us a founding cabal... we take the free year of hosting (doing maybe very little with it) and then never pay for it when payment is required. At the end of the day we are still a founding cabal.

Another thing to maybe consider is to move our web presence to that hosting... maybe its cheaper. Chrisax I think you spend a ton on the org of your IRL credits.
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

That wouldn't allow us to do anything really customized, nah. :) But thanks for the thought. I appreciate. :D
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

Chrisax wrote: And, as they asked for the web site of applying cabals, I'm afraid we won't interest them as we don't need their services and we are even a "bad" example for other cabals as we host ourselves.
BOO!!!