Beta Weekend 4

Chrisax
President

Re: Beta Weekend 4

Post by Chrisax »

Clothing options will be re-added, actually there are more in Closed beta than before.

Also, Active Dodge is back in CB, maybe in Open too?

I have to lead some raids in AO and then i'll have a look at open beta.

The casting kit is used on a weapon you like the look of and will destroy that weapon (careful!) but you will be able to apply the look to another weapon of the same kind you have.

Let's say you "skin" your weapon.

Fuze, also, remind me, you have pci ports on your system or not?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Sorry, typo: I meant PCI-Express (PCI-E) of course. One slot?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hmm I was hoping a video car could help somewhat.

Fusang is a persistent mass PvP area. It's a bet: will people be attracted enough by the concept and the buffs factions gain there? Time will tell.

I assume that after a huge workload test on Closed beta in Fusang (the screenshots I posted), not many from Closed beta wanted to play it again for a while. And people arriving in open bate probably don't feel like entering a PvP zone with basic gear.

For smaller areas, Eldorado and Stonehenge (with different PvP goals) are there to try.

Mobs count... not sure: sometimes it's a question of the specific name of the mob; you need one but not another from the same species. May be a bug too... report.

I'm not sue in Open beta. In Closed Beta, Paladina uses AR+Chaos, AR being used to compensate the "melee" aspect of Chaos Magic.

AR has been hugely nerfed last batch in Closed beta though... Devs are looking for a new balance but they went (on purpose?) too far.

That said, Closed Beta gets around one patch a day. So nothing is final. Wait and see.

Scaling... not sure what you mean but skills are still being tweaked.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Character creation is probably the main point discussed now in Closed Beta. It's a hot discussion. Someone screwed up long ago; it's being more or less fixed atm but it's too early to say how it will be at launch time. Models are a weak part. (It's true that AoC models proved to create a high workload on systems and they try to make this simpler for TSW... but... could have been done otherwise.)

About uniforms for PvP, it was made with one main goal in mind: limiting the lag and client issues in PvP due to too many characters textures and models to load. So allowing larger numbers and mostly allowing people with lower configurations to PvP.

Being able to change your physical look in game is (theoretically) planned. It exists in AoC. It was not considered a priority at launch though but more a second-time thing.

About clothing and accessories, the choice at creation will be wider (not sure what it was in open beta this time). But there is in the game many things you can't see in the open beta (and some not even in the closed beta). To mention a few, and not counting Pangea clothes store' stock increasing:

- Vintage (seventies) women clothes vendor in Darkside (the strange part of London), near the Ghoul's meat shop

- Men "import" clothes in Darkside too, a bit below the vampire and the ghoul chatting

- Clothes vendors in the small city of the Scorched Desert in Egypt

You should have played the closed beta, Fuze. You would have seen much more. And some things answer some of your points, not all though so far.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

I personally dislike rolling alts, but only because I find re-grinding starter world tedious.

I hope this isn't too far off topic, but the area I'm most hoping to see expanded are opportunities encouraging social interaction and playfulness, especially in the 3 starter cities. Do I know what that looks like? No. But I want it.

I think this game is unique in its potential for community & roleplaying. It's set in the modern world yet isn't limited to it. It's based on the premise that every conspiracy you've heard is true, so it's a huge, blank canvas. And it's adult in flavor, which means almost anything goes.

I hear all the stuff you're saying about game limitations, Fuze. Unfortunately I'm too inexperienced to understand the full implications, much less assess the game's potential from Beta.

I'm still very excited about The Secret World because I see a chance for community & bursts of storytelling that's never existed in any game I'm aware of.

This is the game I've been waiting for.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Frontline Jacket is because you completed the internal ring for Assault Rifle.

Each internal ring completed give you a social back item.

And, yes, Darkside is great and fun, twisted. :twisted:

That said, TSW world designers did something else quite amazing...

These pictures from Google street don't remind you of something, especially if you rolled an Illuminati at some point?

?

Check:
Evil, hey?! :twisted:
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

If you take a look at how Google is starting to do their own mapping (ie, by using low flying drones to canvas areas for 3D mapping) ... I would be highly surprised if you don't see a game in the next couple of years that uses Google Maps as its main source of 3D data.

"Grand Theft Auto: Simulator" ... or ... "The Secret World: Real World Data Expansion" ... along those lines.

It is actually getting a bit creepy. But I like it.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Googles going to release 'First Life' an MMORLG (Massively Multiplayer Online / Real Life Game) :)
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

they even have the one way street signs, and the big orange thing on the sidewalk, and the two buildings across teh river/inlet thing match in silhouette.

Thats pretty cool.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln