TSW vs SWTOR (in ap)

Ausfahrt
Mini Leet

TSW vs SWTOR (in ap)

Post by Ausfahrt »

I guess I'm mostly just curious as to how everyone is feeling about TSW at this point. I still am loving the game and see quite a few people online usually. I myself have never played SWTOR but from what I here it died out pretty quick and it SEEMS like the majority of AP is done with it. How is everyone liking TSW and do you see the org continuing to stay and grow in the secret world? It's been a while since I've been on AO so I can't really be sure how much of the org has and still is playing
Chrisax
President

Re: TSW vs SWTOR (in ap)

Post by Chrisax »

AP lost interest in SWTOR as millions of players did. This is a really sad story but it has nothing to do directly with AP.

AP was not in SWTOR beta and we arrived there a bit out of curiosity, also knowing that it could just be "something" to play before TSW. We never took SWTOR very seriously, to be honest. But on the other hand, we realized quite fast the issues of SWTOR, issues that made the game somewhat fail quite fast despite a real potential.

In AO, there are not many orgs that can do like one raid a day now. AP does one raid a day and even organizes, schedules, and leads raids for others. We maintained friendship and activity. We are proud to see members from years ago coming back and finding their home. There is -and there has always been- a will to be there in AO forever.

As for TSW, the public game is like 6 weeks old. In those conditions, predicting the future is quite difficult. But we want to be there and grow, as long as the game if offering something good to our members.

If the question is "will AP drop TSW after a while?", the answer is we have no intention to do so, except if the game becomes disappointing without any hope for improvement, of course.

You can see we have a real involvement and some big projects in our private section about TSW.
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=100

We also have there a recruitment script that everyone in AP-TSW is free to use but keep in mind what kind of people we are looking for.
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 100&t=7201

It's is very easy to get mass of people fast in a guild. We work more slowly, it's true. But we are there years after. How many guilds that were used to spam invites are still up in AO?

Nevertheless, we have many people on vacation at the moment and this slows down some activities temporarily. (Technically, we also need more healers but TSW is 6 weeks old and I'm working on healing now too and Bredin is also.)

Everyone who feels like being a good recruiter, inviting cool and mature players is very welcome to help.

Also everyone is welcome to help with our projects that will come online in a few days. :)
Ausfahrt
Mini Leet

Post by Ausfahrt »

Yes, I definately didn't mean are we going to mass recruit people in tsw - That wouldn't be a good thing at all. I was just more curious if many of the current members are liking it so far and see AP's (current) members being active in it for a while or if it's just another SWTOR fling.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Definitely NOT like SWTOR. :)

Side note Ausfahrt: for your AP email address, give me online the PW you want and il'l create it withing two minutes. :)
enakur
Leet

Post by enakur »

huh, do we have a AP e-mail adres?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

enakur wrote:huh, do we have a AP e-mail adres?
:ghost:

Since 2006, yes. :luv:

See here, and ask for one if you want. :)

FREE REAL EMAIL ACCOUNTS FOR AP MEMBERS
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... f=11&t=152
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

I'd be playing TSW all the time if I was back home. Missing the game is prolly gonna make me buy a laptop for when I'm on the road.

This is in contrast to SWTOR, which I stopped playing with several months remaining on my su. (despite the fact I have shelves filled with Star Wars novels)

Love always,

Crash

p.s. - I want an AP email address too!!! :D

p.s.s. - August 25th is Baconfest in Kansas City. I only mention that because everything is better with bacon. (including thread replies)(?)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Crash wrote: p.s. - I want an AP email address too!!! :D
Read the post
FREE REAL EMAIL ACCOUNTS FOR AP MEMBERS
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... f=11&t=152

and send me a PM with the email name and the PW you want. :)
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Crash wrote:...everything is better with bacon.
agreed
General, Athen Paladins