Optimator Application!

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Beardofzeus
Mini Leet

Optimator Application!

Post by Beardofzeus »

Hi! I have ran into members of your org, and have had pleasant experiences with them. (Though I am unable to remember the names atm) I have read your rules, and about this org through this page and I'm interested in joining. To be honest, I have both Omni and Neut chars, and I am interested in creating a Clan character for the experience, and to meet new people. I have no intentions of gaining any kind of tower advantage or anything of the sort. My main character is a 218 MP - Omni - In the org I've Got Your back, and his name is Beardofzeus. The character I have rolled for Clan is MA by the name of Optimator. Please contact me when you have come to a decision :) Thanks!
Chrisax
President

Re: Optimator Application!

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Beardofzeus and welcome to our forums. Thanks also for your honesty and stating things clearly. :)

The main question is: are you PvP active? (TPD being normally active in PvP). It's the main concern.

I'll let other AP's and officers post here too. Be weclome to do so, everyone! :)
Beardofzeus
Mini Leet

Post by Beardofzeus »

No, I generally don't PvP unless I have to for victory points. Also, I have no association with the org TPD. I have been more interested in the PvM and twinking aspects of this game since I began playing back in 2005. There also was a short time a few years ago when I was active in a clan org named "The Ultimates". I can't remember any specific reasons as to why I lost contact with them, most likely it was due to me being in the military at the time.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Oops, sorry, I meant "I got you're back", not TPD. But you answered. :)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Sounds cool.

Please read the Code of conduct located in this forum, and please state whether you agree to it.

Beardofzeus.... great name!

As long as you're up front about your intentions, and youve outrightly stated you have both omni/neut, I have no problem.

I just don't think there's much to gain by having opposite faction "spies" and stuff anyway. Put RP on the roadside, and enjoy the game as a whole.

Good luck with your app and see you in game.

noobas
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Beardofzeus
Mini Leet

Post by Beardofzeus »

Exactly my argument.. it's just a game :)
But yes, I have read them and I do agree. Though, I was on my MA the other day (clan char) and at this point I am unsure if I will have much interest in that profession. Would there be any issues with teaming with my omni or neut characters, or letting them into the bot until I find a profession I would like to make and level?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I would highly recommend one of the following:

Enforcer - relatively simple playstyle, fairly fun, can always find teams
Doctor - simple playstyle, but more complex to control, can always find teams
Bureaucrat - complex playstyle, sometimes harder to manage, but strongest class in game, always easy to find teams
Soldier - easy to play, fun, fast, good tank at endgame, lots of weapon options, always easy to find teams
Engineer- best damage dealing prof in game, complex to balance and play but very very strong endgame class

Since you have an MP, you may be less interested in a pet prof, or a control symb using toon, which would eliminate engies/crats.

If you like doing damage faster, go for soldier
If you like RUNNING faster, go for enforcer
and if you like having responsibility and if you have a very good internet connection.... choose doctor.

Cost wise... Doctor is probably the cheapest prof to outfit. You can use all nodrops at 220 and be operating at 100% capacity in endgame.

Soldiers are most expensive, enforcers in the middle.

Hope that narrows things down for you.
Beardofzeus
Mini Leet

Post by Beardofzeus »

I have a 160ish doc and a 177 fixer right now.
I have some decent start up gear for agent, I think I am going to do that.
I have also been thinking about making a crat as well, since I like to think I'm pretty good with pet professions.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I'd highyl recommend building a crat, and takign it all the way to 220.

that way you can do all the endgame activities that most AP's are involved in on a regular basis.

While leveling, please try to be patient, as, in general, most people in the org won't have time or necessarily want to spend tiem in game on a lowby leveling or otherwise.

That said, you will find that there are some resources you can use to find players within range, such as teh alliance chat, and obviously the org itself.

not sure if anyone told you how to join the AP org chat:, it's /tell bobsan invite

good luck!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I see that you want to level it up from the start, but do you generally like to solo, or do you like to team? Do you have a small group of friends who you can level with, or do you generally PUG and just see? Do you like to level fast? Do you have a lot of resources already to equip at levels as you progress?

I think you need to think about these Qs as you go. Since i'm sure you would know that certain profs can excel or struggle, depending on what you want to do.

Crat is nice, and is a slightly different game to MP. Crats generally find teams well (mainly due to XP), however, now that baton is like 3 hrs and (other) you may find teams under lvl 150 dont really think OMG crat. However if you like to solo and have good gear to progress with then crat is very handy at almost all levels from 40-190.

But try to think outside the much coveted trinity of DPS/Heal/Tank. The game is much more interesting than that. So do you like the idea of ranged or melee, do you like the idea of nanos or prefer to mash perks and attacks. Do you want to be able to give lots of buffs, or prefer to be mainly self.

Some professions can be very interesting when you decide to really look at what they can do, and not just focus on how much DD they can output etc. For example I like my crat cos i can charm, mezz, debuff, nuke etc and it makes soloing interesting, but his DD is way worse than my NT or Shade. However in teams i like my NT, cos he does chew through mobs, helps tanks with nano, blinds, lowers NR etc.
Beardofzeus
Mini Leet

Post by Beardofzeus »

Actually, I think I will put my Doc as Clan. It's level 163 and is my next favorite character. It's name is Rockabilly.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:) When can we contact you?

Or meet an AP at Vanguards ramp near OA grid and explain you posted an application and need a guest channel invite.

Here is some of our many officers you can contact:

Grind42/Bobdc
Tommypinetti/Tommysoldja
Noobasdoc/Noobastank/Rodog
Chrisax/Mekanos (President)
Elrojo/Eltankjoo/Hermesconrad
Boomersooner/Bloodstripe/Iwojima
Beardofzeus
Mini Leet

Post by Beardofzeus »

I was in your guest channel for a bit yesterday when I got off work :) I don't get much time online during the week, but my weekends are pretty free. Usually Jimbob is who I see online, and I spoke with Tommy a couple days ago in game. I'll be in guest chat more this weekend and hopefully I will get to meet more people :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:) Cool. Hope we can meet then.
Beardofzeus
Mini Leet

Post by Beardofzeus »

All set :)
163 Doc by the name of Odinsraven
I just switched to clan, so if everyone is ok with it.. I'd be happy to be a part of your org.