Healers - Roll Call

Crash
Big Leet

Healers - Roll Call

Post by Crash »

I've been downright frustrated with the lack of Temp healers in PvP. We're getting slaughtered because of it. I'm getting so much love from bad guys in El Dorado I feel like the newly arrived prison entertainment. Makes me want to give up.

With so many new faces coming in, the purpose of this post is to request a roll call of AP healers. Pve, pvp, whatever. Doesn't matter if you're an uber healer like Bredin, a casual goofball like me, or someone who isn't geared yet but aspires to be.

Please PM myself or an officer with any replies, as our pvp threads aren't private!

Thanks in advance,

Crash
Crash
Big Leet

Re: Healers - Roll Call

Post by Crash »

p.s. - I'll be changing my toon name to Tanky-McTankerson. Think that'll trick em? :-l
Rurik Nogard
Growing Leet

Post by Rurik Nogard »

Yeah maybe u fool them, but now pass me all ur secrets :D I got heals for like 3k or 3.5k so sometime I canhelp I think XD
Crimson Sun is coming dawn u must search for a safe place to stay alive...Crimson Sun is going up you must wish for a good burial cause it has no mercy...Rurik Vlein Nogard
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I'll put that in org message in-game, capone :)

Good idea.

Personally I still am collecting BLUE heal gear because I do want to be able to heal but tank equipment is eating all my marks. :(
Aesop
Growing Leet

Post by Aesop »

I've been using pickup doc talis from nm dungeons, it doesn't all synergize together but works well enough for free stuff :)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I am a healer, generally handy in PvP, however i dont do it much anymore.

PvP you need probably 2 HP pieces (1 major & 1 minor) or a head piece. You'll need a good amount of block and the rest crit/crit power. HP is really the major sink, so even a pure anima for HP can help.

You can outheal 1-2 people, quite easily, i can tank maybe 4-5 if i only heal myself.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

I'm comfy with my heals setup, Rojo. I roll 6444 HP, which is a tad high, but works for me. (2x 10.4 majors for HP)

I'm all purple, including glyphs, but still need to upgrade some pieces. Could use some build tweaks too, but meh. Not really my concern atm. I have Def on all my minors, rest is crit/c-power. Might be I should have some block, so thanks for that suggestion. Signets are my weak point gear-wise. That's just lack of time & aversion to pve keeping me signets gimped.

But anyhoo - talking gear & builds wasn't my purpose in posting. I was complaining about the lack of Temp healers in pvp in general. Wanted to know who in AP might be able to help.

I'm totally fine in Fusang. In Stonehenge it's not bad either. (AP could field a pretty tough premade in SH methinks)

My problem is lack of other healers in El Dorado. They totally melt me. I've been looking at match results and I've been the only Temp in the top 15 healers on a regular basis. This has nothing to do with me being good (which I'm not) or other Temp healers being bad. It's because I flat-out don't see other Temp healers. I only see Temps that have heals as secondary or as afterthought. We seem to be a DPS happy faction.

Maybe I've just been unlucky. My sample size is admittedly small. (Maybe ten matches since I started looking at results) But get this - in every single one of those ten matches, I've been the only Temp pure healer. Getting my ass KICKED!!

Oh well. Not much time to play anyway. I think Capone is going into retirement for a while.

Edit: By retirement I mean either going back to my DPS roots (I never finished upgrading my DPS set, but am in all purples) or changing my name. Maybe I'll do both.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Yes it's a pain being the only healer. I notice 2 things about being a temp healer

1) I get marked a lot. And temps don't mark other healers

2) I get no protection. Usually you have about 5 people attacking a group. One or so is fast to attack me. Meanwhile my troops are busy attacking the people who attack them. When I DPS and I hit a healer it's like a poked a hornets nest. They all come flooding after me.

On the side note there are too many counters to defence. Armor fati, castigation, high pen chance passives. However no such easy access to block. So block is way better.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Tonight Scrumptious told me he developed a healer build and he is up to help with anything we need. I mentioned Capone to him ofc.

Rossu said he could work on heals too, but IMHO, it's too early to go healer: he is finishing BM.
tryller
Mini Leet

Post by tryller »

I'm a healer :wink:
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

Elrojo wrote:Yes it's a pain being the only healer. I notice 2 things about being a temp healer

1) I get marked a lot. And temps don't mark other healers

2) I get no protection. Usually you have about 5 people attacking a group. One or so is fast to attack me. Meanwhile my troops are busy attacking the people who attack them. When I DPS and I hit a healer it's like a poked a hornets nest. They all come flooding after me.

On the side note there are too many counters to defence. Armor fati, castigation, high pen chance passives. However no such easy access to block. So block is way better.
You nailed it, Rojo. Exactly how I feel but articulated much mo bettah.

Good tip on Block. Helps that you explained why.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

tryller wrote:I'm a healer :wink:
Awesome! :)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Tryller got 750k in ED healing. He r teh über.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

That's awesome! WAY better than I get.

Chrisax - please change MOTD. It's ridiculous. I'm no Bredin. (or Tryller)

edit: Heck, I might switch back to DPS. Or retire. I can't keep up anymore. No time. Also a good chance I'm hitting the road again for the summer.
Aesop
Growing Leet

Post by Aesop »

I got a healer build from thingfish (that he got from a guy) that was blood shield heavy, tonight. It was a decent build and worked well for supporting a defending group. I played a couple rounds as doc and was frustrated for a couple reasons:

1. I had no attacks...so when virtually every jacktard temp decided to go chasing after 1 lumie, I was the only one at our 3 relics when 2 drags came to get them. It was quite annoying since i couldn't shield them to death.

2. There happened to be at least 3 other dedicated healers. At one point it was thing, me, and another healer guarding the relics. When I decided to go join the attacking temps the other healer followed leaving thing alone at relics, so i came back. He followed.

3. In accordance with Igsorian's earlier post, I've discovered that Temps have identity issues. They want to live by the Dragon code of randomness. Somewhere deep down in their tiny souls, they roll dice, flip a coin, and consult the magic 8 ball to answer the questions like:

-Should we rush as a group? or one at a time 5 seconds apart?
-Should we guard our 3 relics or send 9 ppl to attack the lumies for their 1 (4 min into the match) leaving the 3 relics behind?
-Should 8 ppl get our relic while 2 run to center?
-Should I plant the relic near the others or run in circles for 18 min hoping no one catches me?

Since we aren't Dragons, there is no randomness....the answer always invariably comes up, "oooh, shiny thing"