Application - Crash

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Crash
Big Leet

Re: Application - Crash

Post by Crash »

@noobas: yeah, the pvp community in tsw wasn't great. Fusang was (imo) pretty fun, but never reached the workable balance a persistent zone needs. It became a zerg-fest, shortly followed by one faction having its boot on the neck of the others. This caused a lot of heartburn for new pvp'ers wanting gear, as hardcore pvp'ers could be real ass-hats after all the troubles with afk/exploits. So fun-but-very-limited is the way I'd describe pvp in tsw. I thought El Dorado in particular was a great mini-game, but it was just that ... a mini-game. I'd love to see the best of AO & TSW combined into one game. I'd also throw in Huttball, just for giggles. (Hutts don't have feet!)

@rojo: I really enjoyed the classless system of tsw. From a pvp perspective, the ability to change builds without logging or even changing zones was awesome. Of course, I'm a simple guy. I just wanted to heal & pew pew. Somehow I did alright, even though I'm a mental midget when it comes to MMOs. I'm kinda scared of AO pvp, tbh. I'm pretty tenacious, but not exactly a brain trust. The amount of time I'll need to figure out optimizing a toon is daunting. The cool thing about tsw is there was no way to screw up your toon, cuz in the end everyone ended up with the same abilities.