Request to join AP - Ampad

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Ampad
Mini Leet

Request to join AP - Ampad

Post by Ampad »

Hey everyone,

My name is Ampad, or Preston, depending which you'd prefer to address me by (I prefer the latter, but it's up to your preference). I'm a returning player who began playing in '08, with several breaks between then and now (Most recent break was roughly 3 years).

I'm looking for a nice, large, active, family like org to join to replace my old one which I've been a part of since I first began my time on AO. Sadly, with the server merge, and the age of the game, most if not the entire org has become inactive (First Light), along with most of the BY4 Alliance. Seeing as I've been away for a while, I'm also looking for a push in the correct direction. Three years of playing several other games certainly did take a toll on my overall memory of AO. I heard of you while I was on the recruitment forums, and your thread was near the top. Shortly there after, I saw AP in a NW related announcement, so I thought "why not?"

I accept and agree to follow the COC.

I currently live in US EST or -5, however I travel to US CST or -6 occasionally for periods of time. Although I'm usually on during that evening until the following afternoon (My sleep schedule is akin to that of a Graveyard shift/Third Shift).

All characters are clan.

Jetstorm/Advy/~176/INACTIVE (I've had several accounts, but this was my first. I haven't reactivated this account yet.)
Ampad/Sold/186/10/18/Current main
Artaxata/Keeper/51/0/~7/
Venac/MA/Currently leveling, will be outdated constantly

I have several froobs that I delete and reroll for different purposes or mules, so it's a tad redundant to list names that will change often. ^^

There's not much to add other than I'm currently a high school student who takes courses online, and am quite talented in Java programming and Computer Tech. This also means I have quite a deal of free time, most of which I spend online playing a game. I'm 17 years of age, and am quite a science fiction buff (Movies/Novels) both classic and modern, so I may occasionally make a reference to an obscure novel or film (I'm told that it's a curse). This last bit may seem a bit personal, but I don't mind sharing this much seeing as it gives a bit of background.

Hope to hear from you soon. I'll usually be found on one of the characters above, or if not, it's almost guaranteed that I'll be on Skype. I'll leave my Skype contact information below.

"Earth is blocking my view of Venus. It has to go!"
Jakereaper
Strong Leet

Re: Request to join AP

Post by Jakereaper »

Preston,

Welcome to our forums! And welcome back to the game :)

I must apologize for being 'noob', as I don't know most of other organizations, Alliances or players in general. Although your (now inactive) alt. name does sound a bit familiar!

I am sure that an Officer will come shortly and give you more informations. Until then, you can always find us 'at vanguards' or shortly 'at vangs', near OA grid. (The ramp up near the grid) You can ask for an invite into org. chat from any of us which is there, so that we could get to know each other more in-game.

What to say more? Good luck with your application & hope to see you more in-game!
Yay
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hi Ampad,

Thanks for choosing AP.

As you embark on your application phase, please be advised of some procedures that can shorten your 'in limbo' period:

* join the AP bot by typing: /tell bobsan invite
* ask for an invite from an AP member on Clan OOC
* as Jake suggested, hunt one down at Vanguards

When you've got an org bot invite then you can try to join activities, chat with members (keep in mind language rules please), and if things are seemingly calm, you're free to request an interview. Please note that even when things 'seem' calm, they may not be and in general officers are quite busy (so they may not be able to get to your request immediately).

Good luck during your app period and we'll see you in game.

Cheers,

Noobas
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Ampad
Mini Leet

Post by Ampad »

I spent quite some time in the chat Tuesday, but you had some Tower related business with Tnet at the time (I'm surprised Tnet is still around!). Sadly since then I haven't had a chance to rejoin the chat due to heath issues (Pesky hernia), and I didn't want to impose on someone for an invite (I DC'd a couple of times, and I didn't want to feel like I was bugging the player at Vangs to constantly reinvite me). Hopefully though I can join in on some activities in the coming days.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

No worries, and sorry if it got quiet! Please don't feel rushed in the application process either :)

One thing though: since you have been in chat as a guest the bot now "knows" you. From now on you can just do " /tell bobsan !invite " to join
General, Athen Paladins
Ampad
Mini Leet

Post by Ampad »

I would use !invite, but apparently I'm not a member of the bot. Which is why I felt bad about bugging a member so much. ^^

As of writing this, no one is at vangs either, so it looks like I'll be another little while before I can join in on the fun. ^^
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Sorry to hear that your application phase is taking so long,

Which toon are you on primarily so we can watch out for you?

Also, please feel free to holler on Clan OOC channel to see if any AP's are around.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Ampad
Mini Leet

Post by Ampad »

I'm usually either on Ampad or Necrovarus (New toon I made early yesterday). Also, it's no problem that it's taking a while, I'm in no rush. I've just been really social in OOC to compensate. ^^
Keepbrave
Little Leet

Post by Keepbrave »

Ampad wrote: There's not much to add other than I'm currently a high school student who takes courses online, and am quite talented in Java programming and Computer Tech. This also means I have quite a deal of free time, most of which I spend online playing a game. I'm 17 years of age, and am quite a science fiction buff (Movies/Novels) both classic and modern, so I may occasionally make a reference to an obscure novel or film (I'm told that it's a curse). This last bit may seem a bit personal, but I don't mind sharing this much seeing as it gives a bit of background.
I seem to have a habit of that as well, although my references are not as obscure, and I am not much of a reader so it is mainly films/tv programmes

Anyway, Welcome!
All my toons are Brave :)

Fixerbrave, Metabrave, Agentbrave, Nanobrave, Tradebrave, Shadebrave, Docbrave, Adventbrave, Keepbrave etc etc