New player! - OpiWonKenobi

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Ancient
Baby Leet

New player! - OpiWonKenobi

Post by Ancient »

Hi,

I'm a new player. I've tried AO a few times off and on over the years but never made it very far. Long long ago, I played AO with my kids. They actually made it further than I did! Not bad considering that one of them couldn't even read back then. Time has passed, they grew up and now I was looking for a fun (and free or mostly free) game to spend my spare time in.

My last game was DDO, I played that for years. Wrote guides on my favorite builds and even soloed some raids (It isn't that hard in DDO). Prior to that I have played a host of games including guild wars, everquest, and diablo II.

I have always like games with very complex build options and AO... has that covered. A lot of my in-game interactions is more through chatting in channel to learn and to help others. Soloing is how I mostly spend time in the game although I do enjoy grouping with friends and raiding on occasion. My preference for soloing is mostly due to real life interruptions. For a while in DDO I belonged to a guild where the understanding was that anyone could go AFK at any time... that was a lot of fun, but not many players play that way and the guild died down over time. Now, I tend to group/raid only if I'm sure I have a block of time where that won't be an issue. Otherwise, I solo :)

My current AO character is OpiWonKenobi... yes, I like stupid names :) Along with building lots and lots of ALTs. Feel free to give me a hello in game, and I look forward to meeting some of you. You sound like a great group of players.

Ancient.
Ancient
Baby Leet

Re: New player! - OpiWonKenobi

Post by Ancient »

Well, I heard your org was clan... so I venture on over to Athens, find a book store... and did you know you can buy an omni application right there in the middle of Athens? The guards didn't find the situation very amusing :)
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

Hi OpiWonKenobi

Thank you for starting my morning with a laugh :)

I spoke to you yesterday and you said you read coc and rules but here they are ;)

http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... p?f=8&t=68
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... p?f=8&t=69

Send any ap member a tell and they can invite you into guest chat If you can't find an AP for a bot/chat invite, ask some officer or members (only a few names here)

- Toughcrat / Reapermann / Carequinha / Toughenf
- noobasdoc/ politico / tankngank (especially Australian / Pacific time zone)
- Malosar / Malomech / Malofu / Malorawr
- Ultri/ Ultrader / Redcurry
- Ustarlen / Bellorum / Laning / zanda
- Cherib / Jacythna
- Wiisper / Wiinurse / Elisiss
- crazi / crazigank / galehus / stokken / crazidoctor / forsikring
- Zagalote / Badsector

Then, you will have a chat with one of us and your invite will follow shortly after, if all goes well!
:apc:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello OpiWonKenobi and welcome on our forums. Stokken said almost everything you have to know, so I hope we'll see you online soon.

As for application... [-X get them in Borealis which is neutral territory :D