Our crazy AI event raid attempt...

Be a part of them! Join, discuss, and propose raids here! (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Our crazy AI event raid attempt...

Post by Chrisax »

The AI events screwed up our historical "Crazy Raids Day" we host for The Alliance on Saturdays.

After asking here and there, an idea came up that we should try to incorporate the event in our raids and form an Alliance RI for the event, possibly win, and roll the loot.

To be honest, this idea gets nothing better than a 50/50 "it's possible" opinion. This is due to the huge technical issues (LDs, crashes) and reloggings during the event.

As a good number seems to want to try it, we'll have an attempt this Saturday. And we'll see how it goes. :roll:
fuze
Giant Leet

Re: Our crazy AI event raid attempt...

Post by fuze »

Most that go, do it for lower alts who need the axp. The loot comes from many diff towers. It would take people looting it and rolling it at the end. Most of the loot so far has not been nodrop loot. It's the same loot, over and over.
AVelasquez
Little Leet

Post by AVelasquez »

It's always more fun to particpate in the event in an active form and having a raid is necessary for it, even if only for your own survival against some bosses damage, but I see several 'issues' with this however:

- Many people go with a wide array of characters of different levels, most of them too low to participate safely in the killing (sub tl7s), so they are not active participants.
- As far as winning loot, I wouldn't put my hopes up, usually there is a global RI created that fills up with tl7s, that's 6x6 = 36 people you might need to OD to get it.
- It is going to be hard to prepare for it as the location is disclosed last minute, zones fill and all you mentioned.

This being said I'm sure some people are not joining the global RI that is created for the event and would appreciate the company nevertheless, but if the goal is 'loot' your chances are really low so I'd just want to adjust your expectations.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Well, obviously, it didn't work. There was no real interest. The reason seems to be that people tend to log on relatively low alts to level them up, and also swap alts depending on the zones the event moves to.

We were aware of this, but it was worth a try.

So the question remains open: how will we "replace" our Crzay raids day?!

For the 2 next Saturdays, though, it seems there will be no AI events, more or less due to Halloween content and implementing this content. So we will resume our usual Crazy Raids Days, unless something changes again.