Voice Server for AP?

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Voice Server for AP?

Post by Rembaldi »

I wasn't really sure where to put this, so it ended up here :)

I did a forum search for 'Ventrilo', 'Mumble', and 'Teamspeak'. Surprisingly not many hits came up, and I remembered AP never really were much into using voice communication software. But considering it's nearly a must have these days for gaming (and I do prefer it when playing with guilds and friends), I was wondering if AP might be interesed in their own voice server?

Actually I already have a Teamspeak 3.07 server running at Gameservers.com, although it's only 15 users currently, but that's simply because it's not really being used much. I use it with my friends for Diablo, DayZ, GTA4, etc etc. I can expand to 50-100 users without any issues. Right now the server is located in Frankfurt (Germany) and seems to run pretty stable. Used to have it in Denmark, but it crashed 1-2 times a day (I can switch it around to other countries at a whim). Also handing out administration rights, moderator rights shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Would this be of interest for AP members? I'd be happy to provide the server, pay for the upkeep. And the upkeep isn't really that much of a problem.
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Kilajan
Strong Leet

Re: Voice Server for AP?

Post by Kilajan »

Greetings.

There is one that we are currently using.

The topic is here.

http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 355#p49013
They who seek, will find an answer.

"If the tank dies it the healers fault, if the healer dies its the tanks fault and if the DPS die it's their own damn fault" - "Anonymous"
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Re: Voice Server for AP?

Post by Rembaldi »

Excellent! If that's working out for you guys, no need to change that :)
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent