Application Goblinspits

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Goblinspits
Growing Leet

Application Goblinspits

Post by Goblinspits »

Hello my name is Goblin and I would like to join Athen Paladins. I have been playing AO since 2002 with a few breaks in between.

I have been in many organizations including some we created over the years. The Red Brotherhood, Army of Virtue, to name a few. After many years we (My wife Missicy and I) settled on Infinity with Bullhurley as president. We took a short break but returned as we always do. Upon return we found Bullhurley had left the game and Ltcwhite1 was president (Whom we knew from Army of Virtue and were not his biggest fan). We left the org and made the organization Sick and Tired with Lazyfixer (And his many Lazy alts). We recently returned from another short break and Lazy has went inactive. My wife is also inactive. So I reluctantly returned to Infinity hoping to reconnect with orgmates to find the same president and majority of the orgmates I bonded with are gone (or unhappy with the current state as well). So I have been looking for a new place to hang my hat to play and have fun, when time permits. I have always seen Athen Paladins and have played with many of it's members over time (Iraid, pick up teams, etc). The large player base holds appeal and I mainly crave decent adult chat (As sitting in Sick and Tired with no members is only fun when you enjoy talking to yourself)

My time zone is US EST or -5 GMT I am usually online before and after working hours (Approximately before 9AM and after 6PM as I work retail hours)

I fully agree to your COC (listed here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=69)

Dreadgoblin Enforcer 220/30/68 Clan
Goblinspit Trader 220/19/65 Clan
Slavegoblin Bureaucrat 220/30/68 Clan
Meangoblin Shade 220/23/60 Clan
Goblinspook Agent 135/17 Clan
Spookgoblin Agent 147/15 Clan
Goblinspits Engineer 150/17 Clan
Goblinpills Doctor 50/6 Clan
Nastygoblin Fixer 47/?? Clan
Ragegoblin Metaphysist 60/6 Clan
Hellgoblin Keeper 25/3 Clan

I am not looking for handouts or need to be carried through the game. I am just looking for decent conversation and the occasional invite to participate in play. I enjoy mostly PvM but I am more than willing to participate in PvP (I just do not want it to be a focus of my builds). I enjoy tradeskilling and I enjoy farming. I have been playing the game a long time and I enjoy learning new aspects (Thanks to endless patches and nerfs).

It is so refreshing to see the old school message board still being used. I was actually excited to get to make this post!

Thank You

Goblin
Cherib
Maxi Leet

Re: Application Goblinspits

Post by Cherib »

Hello Mr Goblin, I seen you hanging around Vangs :)

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP.

thank you to agreeing to our Code of Conduct and Org chat guidelines and and confirming that you agree on them by posting here.

Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here: (for reference)
The next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Talmahera / Dunnan / Gallya GMT +2
Cheribomber / Cherima / Cheribs / Officegrrl GMT +12
Crataatak / Zanokia GMT+1
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz GMT -5
Spartan058 / Spatrticos
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Gsxdsm / Gsxostenf GMT -5

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

We look forward to seeing you online
Cherib
Maxi Leet

Post by Cherib »

To [Goblinspits]: Hello Mr Goblin, I am Cherib, an office in AP, there is a reply to your forum post, the main thing is to join our chat channel (/tell Bobsan !join) and get to know us
To [Goblinspits]: we will set up a time for an interview and look forward to seeing you in our ranks :)
Goblinspits is AFK (Away from keyboard) since 6 hours and 57 minutes ago.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

(Thx Cherib for attempting to contact Goblin in AO at the moment)

Hello Goblin, welcome to AP forums! :)

Thank you for your very complete and clear application, and telling us about your history and feelings. You should, indeed, feel at home with us in AP.

And, of course, it's good to see another seasoned player joining us. Also, by the way, there is no problem with you ever going on a break from AO and come back later. We welcome several times a year members who are back after more than 10 years! :)

Thanks also for reading and agreeing on our Code of Conduct.

As for using forums, yes, we feel like you, and they are still the best way to keep and access information on the long-term AND to store complex info, and update it, etc. We plan sometimes this year on revamping and reviving our web presence too, including forums.

Now your next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Gsxdsm / Gsxostenf / Oweo / Nihilumi GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Crataatak / Eezeh /Zanokia GMT+1
Talmahera / Tefnet / Dunnan / Gallya GMT +2
Coderox / Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Crataatak / Eezeh /Zanokia GMT+1
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz GMT -5

You can see GMT/UTC in-game with the F9 key.

See you online soon! :)