Patch 18.0 and Booster pack release notes

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Chrisax
President

Patch 18.0 and Booster pack release notes

Post by Chrisax »

**18.0 Update Notes**

Legacy Of The Xan - Booster Pack

This update brings the highly anticipated Legacy Of The Xan booster to the live dimensions.
  • * Explore two enormous new adventure areas, and discover a new central hub the hidden-away city of the Xan civilization.

* Throw yourself into three new team instanced encounters.

* Progress through hundreds of new solo and team missions and seek to uncover the truth in the complex Dust Brigade and Alien Invasion storylines.

* New powerful symbiants, spirits, and deck items - enabling you to boost your character to new heights.

Also included in this update (no need to have purchased the booster):
  • * New PVP Fear nanos added to the OFAB PVP vendors.

* MP pets and Carlo Pinnetti pet durations should now be increased to 2 hours.

* Orbital Strike Mechanics updated - Orbital Strikes will no longer kill players at full health caught in the the strike. Players caught in the affected area will now be knocked away to a significant distance, damaged, and snared for a short amount of time to disperse the crowd...rather than kill it outright.

* Bow has been added to the Champion of Light Artillery perk line. The two associated perk specials (Collapser + Implode) can now be used with a bow equipped.

* Cool-Down timers will now display visually on icons on the shortcut bar for nanos and perks. This can be enabled/disabled in the options window.

* Agents have now been granted FP access to some previously unusable nanos.

* QL 300 MP-spawned Unpolluted Crytals should now be fillable on QL 255 towers.

* Form Of Risan should now correctly require SI/PM and no longer has an associated runspeed debuff.

* Fixed several significant exploits.

Not included in this update
  • A serious issue with the booster final 12-man raid was discovered too close to the downtime to release it safely without delaying the update. It will be included in the next available update.
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Re: Patch 18.0 and Booster pack release notes

Post by Mrfreeman »

* Form Of Risan should now correctly require SI/PM and no longer has an associated runspeed debuff.

all I can say is yay, its not being changed
Once upon a wave of summer,
I saw a bright, blue, cloudless sky
Before I felt blessed with thunder,
Then I was nuked- the end is nigh
- Solidstriker (AO Forums)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

dude that -350 RS made me SO annoyed.

I use risan allthe time in BS and stuff, and boy, It drove me crazy.

MA's should have third highest buffed RS in game, and we should NEVER be chasing a soldier or enf and being left behind as they sprint away.

We shouldn't need GSF anymore now either which is great.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

yeah so form of risian now doesnt stack with RI, elude step and is overwritten by stutter step :( becuse they, in their infinite wisdom, decided that it should now rest in the major evade buff line. so I now lose 19%*(not 16) evades off base (24% if i hotswap items to cast) and can no longer get gsf with it. I havent tried if it works with form of tessi or whatever (AC buff) but would still make it pointless along with the -350 RS still attached (yes I know its will be fixed but its not atm and I cant get gsf)

Still have yet to try our MAs new fear nano and if it works in pvm :P
Last edited by Mrfreeman on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I noticed the tag says major evades line.. I'm hoping they are goign to change it back. for the moment, I'm not going to be doing any dueling :/

this is utterly annoying.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Means confirmed on the forums that the runspeed debuff still being there is a bug. It'll be changed next patch opportunity.

Dunno about the same school as evade buffs. I hope for you it gets changed back to AC buffs. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

AC debuffs :/ you mean...

-900.. but ya, same line as AC buffs... I doubt it will change though.

And I can't be bothered to IP MC for the "forms" lines anyway... although I really think that there should be a buff line for MA's that is a "form" line from the beginning.

It should buff
strength
riposte,
crit
small AAD buff
weapons such as 2HB/1HB/1he/2he,
buff -root,
buff -snare,
buff dimache

debuff runspeed,
small evades debuff,
debuff agi
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

looks like according to test, they still havent changing it out of the major evade buff line :/ overnight this decent nano (even with the -RS) has become crap. I mean not the fact that all the MAs are complaining about it not stacking with gsf/RI, but i use the short evade buffs (stutterstep) and yes cast it every 8 min or whatever so I lost this with a +24% to base evades :(
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

mmm run speed is removed from FoR now but we are still shafted with it being in the major evasion buff. looks like ill spend more time on my soldier... we finally got a update to our evades (while everyone and their mother got more AR) and now its useless wheeeee
Iqloo
Leet

Post by Iqloo »

Chrisax wrote:* MP pets and Carlo Pinnetti pet durations should now be increased to 2 hours.
Does it still have that debuff where you're locked out of calling him for however long the spawn is (used to be 20 minutes I think?)

Only being able to summon Pinnetti once every two hours would be a huge pain. I mean, I remember times that Carlo would die when he was up for just 20 minutes and I'd have to pretty much just afk till the debuff wore off if I wanted to actually DO anything. Two hours of that would be... well, a great time to level up an alt.

THEN AGAIN, it has been a long time since I've graced Rimor's presence, I could be remembering everything wrong and there never was a no spawn debuff, just my mind playing tricks on me!
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

It's been a while since they removed the lock-out on Carlo Iq.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Good to see you Iqloo, and to see you still read our forums. :D

And, about Carlo, what Rulzie said. Crats rock, believe me. Especially in many new playfields were mez, roots, charms make life much easier (even if it's only the 30s "boss mez").