BOOSTER PACK: *UPDATED* ITEMS database + the tool to read it

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: BOOSTER PACK: *UPDATED* ITEMS database + the tool to read it

Post by noobas »

Rulz, you make some good points too.

And, I agree with what you say: if there is one breed who is better at one prof, it's likely few will choose otherwise.

That is sort of redundant though, because really there are more trox enf than anything

and, I've never seen a trox engi
I've seen a trox NT, but meh, retarded springs to mind.

I've seen one NM MA. He's got a big absorb, but, honestly, I think it'll be annoying getting 300s on him.

Meh, this whole argument sucks. My whole point is is that I sort of think the game was better when only a handful of UBER pande raiders and people with exceptional knowledge of the game had got on ANY intelligent symbs.

like, now any joe schmoe soli can get on any intel symb.

It brings down the elite, and that in my opinion ruins the game. It means that gimp 220 nubs with the right prof can get lucky and throw on a few intels and, holy that was easy!... meanwhile the true AO vets are looking on and thinking wow, I spent 3 years raiding for the items to get that intel right hand on, and this guy did it and didn't even do a full perk reset.

Makes you cringe, and bitter. (not me (not bitter), btw, I'm one of the 220 nubs who has mostly 300's on without a boc... WTF!)

you see what I'm getting at.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

I definately see where you are coming from, I personally think thinks like the BoC detract from the game rather than improve it, the challenge and enjoyment for me comes from doing the calcs, rather than doing Q /follow /afk for 6 months (which is what pande is currently). It's really hard to make the whole thing fair for both the hardcore players, and enjoyable for people like me.

Also, "exceptional knowledge of the game" amounts to time put into auno.org (and previously aomainframe), working the calcs is a challenge, it's the same challenge now as before for most people, in terms of the calculations that have to be made, it's just that some people won't have to farm pande for 6 months to get their symbs on anymore. I can definately understand that the people who did what they did when they did want something to show for it, but that's not IMHO something that should stand in the way of the efforts to improve and expand AO. Devaluation of old items and acheivements will pretty much always happen, it will generally piss off the hardcore players, it's going to happen for as long as new items are being introduced, and it will eventually annoy all of us.

Of course, we can't neglect to mention the rose-tinted glasses we view the past with. :p
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

noobas wrote:and, I've never seen a trox engi
Dongjr2 ... trox engi. Built purely for PvP. Dong already had a 220 nano engi when he rolled #2 because he felt that MR in PvP was worth rolling again. He also has a 160 Opi engi for evades.

There's a few others out there as well, but he is the best example of trox breed choice for engi that I can think of.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

i'd change my eng to trox in a heartbeat! too many buffs out there to make up for lack of intel and tradeskills!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Jyrinet
Mini Leet

Post by Jyrinet »

Well at start screen u can see that keeper was ment to be solitus, as u have chosen to go trox u get many advantages, but ur disvantages are u cant use all 300ql symbs that u could use.

When they add new buffing items in this game add some items too that need to be twinked on like new symbs should have little bigger requirments to get on.

And what comes for that pande 6kk q /afk if it was instanced many players wouldnt never have chance to get symbs in, no pain no gain imo.

But truly this game is pritty goodly balanced, just would want to see that new pf have "save" points and u could play it like subway, explore, get stuff and get axp.
Jyrinet - 220 Fixer
Salviettina - 220 Doctor
Mulander - 165 Adventurer
SpazzII - 150 Agent
Shaceri - 100 Nano-Technician
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ya I rolled trox for MR.

The keeper won't get there, but the advy will eventually. AI 30 is a long way off, but I can easily see my trox advy becoming my new alternate main.

The soldier is just hangin out cuz w/e gift ftw.

I'm agree with everything said, including the balance.

ATM I think the game is pretty balanced, However, while fixer still have some problems, I think a lot of fixer problems are in the head and the perceived stigma, but not actually in game.

Fixers using HP items are not as easily pwned as they think they are... and fixers appear to be the only nerfed prof atm.

Shades are slightly nerfed, since the introduction of SHD, it seems many shade aren't sure of what the heck they are supposed to do: go NR or go no NR, and it's making them easier to kill.

Plus lack of evade spirits and EXCEPTIONAL cost of going evade shade is nerfing them (thats a market prob tho).

The main reason that I feel like the game is balanced, is that I HAVE to take EVERY SINGLE duel seriously. That means, there are no easy wins.

enf can beat me
doc is tough
MA can beat me
advy *can* beat me
sold is tough
shade can MR me
NT can kill me
trader can kill me
engi prob will beat me
crat prob will beat me
MP can beat me
Fixer can beat me (with AS scope only tho)
Agent can beat me
Ok, so ya, you have to be careful. Mind you, I have beaten some of the best in every profession too, so it is more cut and dry when you are fighting upper eschelons of toons, vs 220 nubs.

In endgame? I'd say the game is balanced. End game is <3 like crazy...! I love dueling and endgame toons are giving me a good fight every single time!
Jyrinet
Mini Leet

Post by Jyrinet »

Shades mhhh...

Why is it that i hear soo many saying that they are gimped and yet i can see 50 trox shades KS inf mobs?

Shades have crazy DMG so if FC gives them anymore phatz we can say bye bye to all other class...

And with fixer i still have to kite inf hecks and trox shades can easily stand and kill those...

So imo they arent really nerfed...
Jyrinet - 220 Fixer
Salviettina - 220 Doctor
Mulander - 165 Adventurer
SpazzII - 150 Agent
Shaceri - 100 Nano-Technician
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Shades are _great_ in PvM, when people say that they aren't great in PvP, it's because of the crappy choices that have to be made on shades for PvP.

Saying that shades are bad in PvM would be very silly.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

agree with rulz.

shade= pwn all fast and hard in pvm.

shade = walking stun proc in pvp. if youre immune to stuns bai bai shade.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

if youre immune to stuns bai bai shade.
Or if they use def spirits so they don't have enough AR to perk you.
Or if you have enough evades so they can't perk you.

If they can't perk you, or if you can kill them before they get close enough to perk you, shades die. Shades are annoyed about PvP because they have to choose between being able to perk people, or being able to survive people (offensive/defensive spirits).
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ya, I know about the shade dichotomy

It's a pretty sever problem too, if you ask me. But, I think the prof is set up that way for a reason... I don't have a shade, but I hae an idea of their perk lines.

It's crazy, they have LOADS of defensive perks, and apparently loads of offensive perks. but, you can't do both.

So therein lies the problem, you are forced to choose between defensive and offensive perks, AND defensive and offensive spirits, obviously, the middle ground is a lose lose situation.

So, I suppose theres three options: shades have to be able to gank or die, or be extremely defensive, or die. Obviously, the death is an option for all chars, but it's so much more prominent when you are forced to do one extreme or the other.

I only know one shade that has gone fully defensive, and thats babek, and he is the only shade I haven't beaten yet. But most shades are trox these days, and trox= gankers, so that always needs to be considered.

Speaking of which I haven't seen too many decent pvp shades around lately... I guess they are all annoyed about not being a rounded prof, even though they only recently got SHD. Slackers.
Hundfu

Post by Hundfu »

Will it be hard to get the gear .. ?

Like the belts etc .. Do I need to wait and farm points, like I've done with my pande belts?"-_-
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

The zones are instanced, so there shouldn't be any raidbot like Phatznet with points and zerg raids for the new areas.

Globally, the difficulty to get the gear should be more like the kind of difficulty in DB dungeons 1 and 2, and Sector 10 or instances APFs. But the new areas offer much more content than DB1 and 2, and more work to do.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Another troxengi that does good at PvP: Brainwash. He retired the toon and rerolled Clan as Impetu though.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.