patch 16.3 release notes - a great one to come?!

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Uhuhuhpdaaate!

I've logged into testlive recently; the planet map interface changed as well :) I'll try to make a screenie next time I log into there :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

fuze wrote:
uhm....what?
This is all you may want to know Fuze.... OMG I shouldn't post that but it's for Fuze. :luv:

Code: Select all

AOID 260761: Nanobot Defense

Skillful Traders have learned principles of nanobot defense from the Nano-Technicians.  This nanoformula mobilizes all of your nanobots to stop incoming attacks, sacrificing them to preserve your own health.  The efficiency with which the nanobots perform is based on the ability of your breed to control nanobots.  Unfortunately, this nanoformula will also reduce your nano energy reserves to almost nothing after the shielding effect ends, as your nanobots will need to recuperate from their frantic exertions.

-[Attributes]-

AttackDelay: 	1  
AttackRange: 	1  
Can: 	0  
CastEffectType: 	46188  
DefaultPos: 	0  
EffectIcon: 	118459  
EffectType: 	43452  
EquipmentPage: 	Misc  
Flags: 	Null  
GatherEffectType: 	49999  
HitEffectType: 	49999  
Icon: 	118438  
MoreFlags: 	Flag_1  
NCUCost: 	45  
NanoPoints: 	536  
RechargeDelay: 	6  
School: 	Protection  
Slot: 	0  
StackingOrder: 	510  
Strain: 	2  
TimeExist: 	15  
TracerEffectType: 	45597  

-[Actions]-

ToUse 
Operator = Is Set  Statistic = Expansion  Target = Self  Value = 2   
ChildOp = And  Operator = Greater Than  Statistic = SpaceTime  Target = Self  Value = 1191   
ChildOp = And  Operator = Greater Than  Statistic = MaterialCreation  Target = Self  Value = 893   
ChildOp = And  Operator = Equal To  Statistic = Profession  Target = Self  Value = Trader   
ChildOp = And  Operator = Op_101  Statistic = Flags  Target = Self  Value = 260760   

-[Events]-

OnUse 
Name = ChangeVariable  Target = Self  TickCount = 1  TickInterval = 0  :  Attr_659  65  
	if: 
	Operator = Equal To  Statistic = Breed  Target = Self  Value = Solitus   
	ChildOp = Or  Operator = Equal To  Statistic = Breed  Target = Self  Value = Opifex   
	ChildOp = Or  Operator = Equal To  Statistic = Breed  Target = Self  Value = Atrox   
Name = ChangeVariable  Target = Self  TickCount = 1  TickInterval = 0  :  Attr_659  70  
	if: 
	Operator = Equal To  Statistic = Flags  Target = Self  Value = 3   
Name = ChangeVariable  Target = Self  TickCount = 1  TickInterval = 0  :  Attr_661  250  
Name = CastNano  Target = Self  TickCount = 1  TickInterval = 0  :  260760  
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

ah come on fuze, it's only fair, they let NT's kinda mezz so now traders get our nulity, Gimps unite and combine one prof!!! Nano Trader ftw!!!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Mud wrote:ah come on fuze, it's only fair, they let NT's kinda mezz so now traders get our nulity, Gimps unite and combine one prof!!! Nano Trader ftw!!!
I've actually come up with the fix for Nanomages ... and its related ... Nanomages get to pick -2- professions, but they can only have 1 of each "class" of professions. So you can be a Doctor Soldier but not a Bureaucrat Engineer.

Of course we know that we will now see an influx of Nanomage Doctor Shades and Adventurer Soldiers ... but the real question is ... will they still be gimped?
Adoni
Strong Leet

Post by Adoni »

Hmm...sounds like a good update. I've seen the new skills menu but not the new map interface.
Side
Strong Leet

Post by Side »

i always thought a good fix for nanomages would be to add a scaling +crit modifier based off of int once it goes past X ammount. basically the smarter you are the better you are able to target and potentially maim a target.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

FYI: "Basic abilities unresettable in 16.3"

Essentially it means you can't reset STR/AGI/STA/INT/SEN/PSY anymore starting in 16.3.

Important news for twinks who are currently levelling if you planned to reclaim some IP from one of these abilities. Do it before 16.3 goes live.

Yes, be warned, you may lose some IP, but we always knew in the process of twinking you might lose some IP.

So far the word is the full IPR will still reset abilities, but it sounds like the change is permanent for individual IPR points.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Hmm that might annoy some twinks to be but i doubt it will be too bad. only people who will suffer are those trying to make low hp twinks but these tend to suck big time.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hyde wrote:FYI: "Basic abilities unresettable in 16.3"

Essentially it means you can't reset STR/AGI/STA/INT/SEN/PSY anymore starting in 16.3.

Important news for twinks who are currently levelling if you planned to reclaim some IP from one of these abilities. Do it before 16.3 goes live.

Yes, be warned, you may lose some IP, but we always knew in the process of twinking you might lose some IP.

So far the word is the full IPR will still reset abilities, but it sounds like the change is permanent for individual IPR points.
One more thing to be sure there is no confusion:

Nanopool and BodyDev were in abilities although they should have never been there. (They we supposed to be abilities but finally they were only statistics affected by abillities).

In the new system, Nanopool and BodyDev are moved to the "Body" section and are considered skill, and, therefore, can be reset.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

nice, gonna reset some of that on some toons :)
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
crap
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Playing on testlive now for a while and I must say

2 things I dont like

1. Skill system... cant see when skills max and even dont know what skills you max sometimes ><

2. scroll camera... **** ****** ******* *** I've said enuf... it screwed me many times

rest is lub :D

//Doom
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Gordo03
Growing Leet

Post by Gordo03 »

So glad I don't have dial up anymore. Can't wait to check it out. :shock:
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Hell you dont! It's only getting worse! the auto-skill only goes to L20 with a full use of IP

scroll cam is getting... yea its still annoying but got a bit used to it

but read my warning! IP resets cant be used on basic abis anymore
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

Doom_Eater wrote:but read my warning! IP resets cant be used on basic abis anymore
Not meaning to be rude here, but the only warning I see is from Doc Hyde back on 25 July.