FC Banned Cheree

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Hexy
Champion Leet

FC Banned Cheree

Post by Hexy »

For those of you who do or may not know Cheree (org - Leet-Bloc)//DAMN awesome AGENT..I was informed today that the account was PERM. BANNED...

here is what I know (Tells with Anicoe of Leet-Bloc and Navian of AtC):

To [Anicoe]: busy?
[Anicoe]: nah.. wassup?
To [Anicoe]: i have heard (and im hoping you will tell me its wrong) that Cheree´s account got banned by FC
[Anicoe]: you heard correctly
To [Anicoe]: what happend?
To [Anicoe]: and tell me its a temp ban
[Anicoe]: Your account has been permanently suspended for violating the rules ofconduct and the EULA of Anarchy Online. Your actions include posting ofexploit information on the Anarchy Online Public Forums. This violatesthe Rules of Conduct and the EULA for the game.
[Anicoe]: Evidently, she made a long post on the forums about tower wars.. And included details on stuff that everyone does..
[Anicoe]: I mean EVERYONE
[Anicoe]: She is appealing and all of LB is sending emails to customer support
[Anicoe]: Its rediculous
To [Anicoe]: you got a template for us to follow with emails?
[Anicoe]: The most it should have gotten was the thread deleted.
[Anicoe]: nah.. Just something to the effect of that "I feel that permanently banning Cheree's account is a very extreme. Cheree did not know these were exploits. .. blah blah blah..
[Anicoe]: you get the message
To [Anicoe]: i dont get how describing tower wars is a exploit
[Anicoe]: me either.. that's the point
[Anicoe]: so, if you can.. get everyone to send letters on her behalf.. especially the ones that saw the post.
[Anicoe]: emails . not letters.. nerf

IMO Cheree is one GOOD/GREAT respectable player...

this player has helped me at times when no one else could...

this player came to my aid dropping whatever he was doing and I saw him do that many times.

He helped me farm a few AP and AtC patterns for the Inferno Key Quest...

He helped me and others in this org in AI raids...APF and Many Many Tower WARS....

I respect this player and find this player to be on the up and up always and willing to help anyone anytime...and I dont say that about many

NO I dont know what was exactly posted in the forum's about the Tower Wars and honestly I dont really believe that it was anything other than what is normally done by many and if it was not then a warning and deleting of the post was all that was necessary.

IF you have it in you mind that this was wrong by FC please email FC and support Cheree...I AM and I HAVE...

Thanks for listening....
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Agreed, I had basically the same conversation with Mignonette.

Funcom needs to fix stuff instead of hiding it by banning players.

IF you're going to email Funcom, you need to write your own message. If you directly quote another person's email, it starts to sound forumlaic. However, if you want ideas, the following is the email I already sent to support@Funcom.com

You aren't obligated to do this, if you don't know Cheree it would be a bit false in my opinion, but it would be good if you do and agree.

I'm writing to protest the banning of the account of the player "Cheree" from Rimor.

I'm not in Cheree's org. I'm doing this because I feel like it and will be suggesting to anyone I know who feels the same to do this as well.

Cheree is the kind of player that holds your game together. They help others, they're friendly, and they don't play unfair or rudely.

How in the world Funcom can allow people like the Holytrinity org to remain in-game, while banning someone who was always a boon to your game and players, is well beyond me.

I didn't read what they posted about towers that would be considered an exploit by you, but I do have a general idea and know about the other details. I will state the following in relation:

1) You're essentially banning people who are helping you find bugs.

2) If the bugs are that bad FIX them.

3) Because I virtually guarantee there are other people who, instead of making them public in a way that helps you fix them (and other people to recognize them so that the real exploiters can be reported), USE the exploits silently.

Do you really want to be seen as -supporting- the real exploiters? Or do you want to be gracious to the people who are trying to expose exploiters?

Please unban Cheree.

Please fix your bugs.

/Doctorhyde on Rimor
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Cheree posted here:

http://www.leikir.org/atcforums/viewtopic.php?t=59

Full explanations. Meybe not totally clear, but maybe it's me, I'm sleepy atm.
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

It is borderline to talk about exploits in FC forums, people have been
banned before for it and they ll always get banned for it, its the FC way...

However I like cheree and will help if I can.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Cheree got freaking banned because she got harrassed by Nautys. That is what I made up from it. :evil: I'm good friends with Cheree, and I HATE FC for banning heree :x

Good idea to mail FC. Will do right NOW.

Done. Mail sent.

EDIT: also told Grimorg that I really dislike the fact that they banned Cheree on RK2. Grimorg is an exploit hunter on testlive, FC employee. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I may be wrong but I guess it was probably a dramatic report of some "not-totally-awake" (cough cough) forum moderator like "OMG someone posted a list of exploits on the forums and admits he is an exploiter" + an overwhelmed FC customer service that trust and relies on arks reports. The combination resulting in a fast ban decision.

Still, Cheree was borderline even if she was not the only one. She should have been more careful.

That said, DrHyde summarized well what can be done in his post of 19 Jul 2006 10:36 pm above.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Still, Cheree never got banned before to my knowledge, so why do they ban Toxicman temp for USING exploits, repeatedly for a week long, and perma ban Cheree for asking FC to fix it? :evil:

EDIT: got a reply from GM Vichen to my mail. He refuses to unban :(

Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

If Vichen is dealing with the case... :evil: enough said
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Chrisax wrote:If Vichen is dealing with the case... :evil: enough said
What's wrong with him? :evil: Is he one of the ev0l GMs? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Vichen is THE ev0l GM.

Anyway, this was the reply to my email (can't fix bugs as soon as they're reported *sigh* how long has NW been out?):

Greetings,

I am sorry that you do not agree to the action that was taken against the player Cheree, but that is something that I cannot discuss with you as all actions taken against players are confidential. If your friend wishes to dispute their suspension, they will need to reply to the suspension notice letter they got in e-mail or e-mail support@anarchy-online.com and present their case to them.

Anyone who wishes to report a possible exploit needs to either send a petition in-game and wait patiently to be spoken to someone apart of the Exploits Team, or send an e-mail to exploits@anarchy-online.com - not following these 2 things and taking action in to your own hands can lead to trouble. Which, if you view our Rules of Conduct (http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/c ... nduct.html), you will see that Rule 11 clearly states the following:

You will not exploit any bug in Anarchy and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game for a character of their profession and level), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Anarchy. You will promptly report any such bug via the exploits@anarchy-online.com email address.

Violating this rule is a VERY serious violation of our Rules of Conduct. Be it you doing the exploiting, or telling people how to do it (which in turn can get more people doing it).

As much as we would love to fix bugs the second they are reported, it is not something that feasibly can be done. Any bug that is reported, we confirm, then must work on fixing the bug and ensure it's 100% fixed.

Which means it is involved in serious testing by our PQA team when the Design team thinks they have said bug fixed. This process can be extremely long or very short, dependant on the bug, it's elusiveness in confirming it's a bug, how long it takes the design team to make a fix for it... well I think I made my point, I can go on forever how long it can potentially take to fix a bug.

I hope this has clarified things for you, if not, I am sorry but there's nothing more that can be said on the matter. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

--
Best Regards,

Jon "GM Vichen" Labbe
Funcom Customer Support
crittz
Little Leet

Post by crittz »

Sorry I do not know the bug or exploit used in this case, is it a new bug?

If not and the bug has been previously reported, would just need to prove this.

If the bug had been previously reported through the right channels, FC really dont have a leg to stand on regarding this.

Cheree was allways a nice player in my book, polite and helpfull.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

The bug/exploit was one of taking a land with a temp org and then disbanding the org so that someone else could come take it at a pre-chosen time. It is considered an exploit because it allows people to hand over tower sites w/out risk of losing them to the enemy.

But its funny ... its a logical thing to do, just like timeshifting lands (which apparently is an exploit now too) ... something that if you put your mind to it you'll figure out easily if you do much towers. I would have done it. Many other people have done it. And Cheree stopped when told it was considered an exploit.

That's the problem with the "ban anyone mentioning exploits". It means that someone else will find the same exploit later, mention, and also get banned. Banning for something like that, especially years old now, is silly. They should fix the crap.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Very nice new post of Anicoe in the thread I already mentioned:

http://www.leikir.org/atcforums/viewtopic.php?t=59

Really worth the reading.

Edit: Navian got the same answer from GM Vichen as DrHyde.... all-made reply.
Adoni
Strong Leet

Post by Adoni »

She is only banned for 7 days now. Read the last link that Chrisax posted.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

:mrgreen:

Ban been decreased to 7 days only!!! :D

Gotta love it! Well she has to be careful now :roll:

BTW, the reply Hyde got and Navian got, I got too... exactly the same :P