How to make a selling bot!

Adoni
Strong Leet

How to make a selling bot!

Post by Adoni »

Ok I figured out how to make a personal shop bot using the IGN bot.
First thing you'll need is IGN so download it here.

Now once you get it downloaded unzip the files and run bot.bat and configure the bot with a character for it to log on as.
Once you do this send a tell to the bot saying /tell botname plugin new > hi

Don't worry about what you put your going to change that later.
Now go into the bot folder and open the plugins file. There should be a script named "new" there. Open it up and write your shop script, with weapons, armor, general, etc catagories as links to tell the bot. Ex. if you click weapons it will tell your bot shopweapons and the bot will reply with the weapons you are selling. Of course you make that script the same way with the first one, do this with all your catagories with references of the items, qls, etc. by them. Then make the base plugin name shop(yourname), the script with the catagories. Then go into your Anarchy Online Scripts folder and create a script, name it whatever you want, and make it have an info box with a link to the bot as your bot's base plugin. Ex. shop(yourname), and you have a basic bot for your shop. :wink:

Hope this helps any of you wondering how some people do it. :)
kilverjr
Mini Leet

Post by kilverjr »

i've always wondered how to do something like this :) ty.

P.S. do you think you can kinda walk me through the setup sometime? :P
Adoni
Strong Leet

Post by Adoni »

Sure no problem. :D
layforet
Leet

Post by layforet »

AWESOME!! im thinking this is exactly what i was looking for, but im not entirely sure. firstly, let me try and understand this correctly.

you make a script for use in AO in-game that would have links to different categorys of stuff you want to sell, and each of those links sends a tell to the bot to spit out a page containing links to the items in that category.

is that correct? if so, its exactly what im looking for.

thanks for a great write up and if anyone needs any help in the actual script writing department for those windows (which you need to write for the bot basically exactly the same as you would for AO if i understand this correctly) let me know in game or if im offline just send me a tell ingame as it gets buffered and ill get back to you as soon as possible.
Adoni
Strong Leet

Post by Adoni »

Well you could make a script with the catagories not using the bot or if the bot is for multiple characters you could make a script that directs you to that specific person's catagories, which then sends it to the bot sending you another with the items and references to them from that catagory.