AO G15 Applet, brainstorm here please

Many AP members are knowledgeable about computers. Ask questions and share your knowledge here. (Information are supplied without any guarantee. Do not open any URL or file not posted by someone you know.) (All users can read)
docksider
Big Leet

AO G15 Applet, brainstorm here please

Post by docksider »

Im going to write an AO G15 applet for public:ish release, question is what do you want in it?

It will probably have to be very customizeable because of the very diffrent needs in varius situations. And before you post here think about if what you are sugesting really is needed to show on a small LCD display outside your screen, like hp status or such.

If the data can't be fetched from a log file then i will have to do some API hooking and try find the data and "hijack it" like clicksaver and varius other "AO tools" does, this is very time consuming compared to writing a log parser for me. Still this is where you can get the interesting things that you cant really tell from logs. Like mag status, debuffs on you etc.

Functions i want to implement so far:
*Dyna spawn time calculation and spawn timer, remembers the shortest time to when you see the dyna from killing it and automaticly makes a timer on killing one

*ETA to death, by often checking your current hp and calculating the averge slope and time until it reaches zero

*Nano version of last one
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

*Enter how much nanopool you have, and how much each stim/nano increasing thing gives, then calculates when you should use each stim/nanothing to hold out as long as possible 8) IE: Text with USE FIRSTAID KIT NOW when you should use it to keep your nano up without wasting a charge :D
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

Alphacenta wrote:*Enter how much nanopool you have, and how much each stim/nano increasing thing gives, then calculates when you should use each stim/nanothing to hold out as long as possible 8) IE: Text with USE FIRSTAID KIT NOW when you should use it to keep your nano up without wasting a charge :D
wouldnt be too hard to calculate what nano increase that is stims, it doesnt come more often then 30s and is iregular in size but always larger then the regular ticks. That is asuming i can find max/current nano in the jungle in the AO API.
Mophro
Giant Leet

Where is the Ao API?

Post by Mophro »

Where is the Ao API?
Mophro - man of few words - word!
Pass the salt please.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Nano, HP, amount of ammo if have ranged weaps with ammo and maybe a non-memory eating damage calc as alternative next to it as a second option (you can chose between DD and HP/nano/bullets)

I got a G15 myself and waited long for this to be coded ;) still wondering how Hyde coded his G-keys with the action menu :s maybe he can reply the trick in this thread ;)

THANKS in advance,

//Doom
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
docksider
Big Leet

Re: Where is the Ao API?

Post by docksider »

Mophro wrote:Where is the Ao API?
In AO =P, you can access parts of it by hooking the dlls, basicly you inject code into ao and make it think a piece of code you wrote is the function AO intended to use. Your code calls the real function and sends it back to AO, aswell as the data you wanted to another application, the lcd applet.

The easiest thing to do is probably to hook recv/send from winsock and analyze the nettraffic, depends if it is encrypted hardly, i know clicksaver does this.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

HP/Nano is hard to catch... they tried it before without success
?/
/?
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Doom_Eater wrote:I got a G15 myself and waited long for this to be coded ;) still wondering how Hyde coded his G-keys with the action menu :s maybe he can reply the trick in this thread ;)
Ready to have a V8 moment?

Stick your perk action/whatever on a hot bar.

I documented how I do my G15 stuff on another thread somewhere. Basically I have my hotbars almost fully loaded. Then when you want to fire off a perk on a different hotbar, you do:

shift-# (where # is the # of the hotbar)
hotbar-#
shift-1 (to get yourself back to your main hotbar)

No pauses needed, and it happens so quick you likely won't see it switching most times.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

I need pauses of atleast 0.2s between the shift and 1-0 keys
but you are right, this is how I coded my autobaff on test ;)
?/
/?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I'll hack this thread a bit :scared:

I'm interested in a G15 for two reasons, as you can guess
- first, as everyone in AO, I have now more keys to press than I can in PvM already but even more in PvP, and I must press them fast and without error;
- second, well, the backlit Keys would help me with my eyes ATM.

I have some questions.

-Logitech released a G11 keyboard not long ago. To me, it looks like a G15 without the LCD screen.
As I don't have a G15 I may be wrong. Someone knows if the G11 has anything more interesting than the G15 as it is a more recent device, even if it doesn't have all the features of the G15?
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... goryid=419

Note that in Europe, the street prices of the G15 and G11 are close to each other (10 euros roughly between them) so price is not a concern at all.

- I assume programming the G15 is fully described in the manual (?) but do you know any good site dealing with this topic I could have a look at? ("Logitech G15 programming" returns 126000 links on google... but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_G15 gives a few links, and of course there is DRHyde's post here)

edit: a typo
Last edited by Chrisax on Wed May 23, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Just 1 reason Chris, some people don't need LCD on their keyboard ;)
and since the G11 ain't that long on the market yet, it isn't that low in price :)
I would say, wait 2 months and buy the G11 for €40-50 or buy a G15 now for €80 ;)
?/
/?
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

1) if you need pauses then use the macro manager application and ... insert pauses.

2) G11 has been for sale for a long time in the states, I'm thinking a year, price is pretty stable.

3) G11 is a little cheaper than the G15 due to lack of LCD. No other differences. I use a G15 and never use the LCD, but I probably would still buy the G15 "just in case" a killer applet comes out.

PS. A tip: when you get your G15 and its still new, if you have any painting skills whatsoever, give it a clear acrylic coat. Not on the keys, mask them off, but on the silver parts of the keyboard. The silver tends to wear off and show the white beneath and its fugly. No functional issue, but ... yeah. I think on my next G15 (I'm still on my first one) I'll paint the silver a hard black and clear coat it.

Also ... if you don't like "mushy" keys, some people like the old style keys with a more solid response feel (I don't, since those are usually quite loud, and the G15 is a relatively quiet keyboard) make sure you test it a bit first. I had a Deck keyboard before this and while most Deck users LOVED the feel (like an old IBM keyboard) I personally hated it.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Hyde wrote:PS. A tip: when you get your G15 and its still new, if you have any painting skills whatsoever, give it a clear acrylic coat. Not on the keys, mask them off, but on the silver parts of the keyboard. The silver tends to wear off and show the white beneath and its fugly. No functional issue, but ... yeah. I think on my next G15 (I'm still on my first one) I'll paint the silver a hard black and clear coat it.
Strange Hyde, mine is coated from the day I bought it :?
?/
/?
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Any news yet? would really like it if we had an app for a G15 :)
?/
/?
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

I have had like 5 free days since i made this thread, it is in the works. The applet code is easy, the datamining for a useful applet is a lot worse.