Beta Weekend #3

Bredin
Leetissimo!

Re: Beta Weekend #3

Post by Bredin »

yes thats right. the consumers are on different cool downs, so yes its big.
General, Athen Paladins
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

fuze wrote: So you can use one combination builder(if stated to build both) and use each consumer/finisher back to back without rebuilding resources first? If so, that's absolutely HUGE.
Pretty cool, huh? Gives you a bonus nard kick per rotation AND frees up a previously wasted Active slot.

It's also cool that Passives don't require their weapon to work. Want an ability from another tree, but don't wanna pour SP (or crafting) into it? No problem! All it takes is AP & <poof> ... you just added Chaos to your Hammer/Blood build. (or whatever)
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

Bredin wrote:I use Hammer and Blood Magic.
Attachments
Gallagher-smashing-melon.jpg
Gallagher-smashing-melon.jpg (111.94 KiB) Viewed 10821 times
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Crash wrote: It's also cool that Passives don't require their weapon to work. Want an ability from another tree, but don't wanna pour SP (or crafting) into it? No problem! All it takes is AP & <poof> ... you just added Chaos to your Hammer/Blood build. (or whatever)
Not totally true though: some passive are linked to an active or to a Line, for example some Chaos passive affect only Chaos attacks. But, yes, many will work with any Line of powers used.

Also not that there is no Blood magic builder building for both weapons as far as I know. Devs gave a technical explanation to this somewhere.

Still, dual building is a huge thing. :)
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

i got 4 codes for this weekends final beta if anyone wants
------------------------------------------------------
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Cavey do you want a code for Closed Beta?

Same question (asked somewhere above) to Hyde.

Sillanto joined CB, I et him last night.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

Chrisax wrote: ... Don't overestimate the assault rifle though, especially because it offers some life leeching / healing abilities: they are low, unless you pick a global build focused on healing in which case you'll be more team than solo.
It seems they nerfed AR pretty hard ... again.

Edit: Damage seems about the same, but Leeching is way down.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Yes, AR is nice for range, for damage, for some AoE's and even some crowd control (slowing enemies down a bit) but currently leeching isn't worth the pain except if you massively go for a healing setup.... and still...
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

For me the jury's out on AR in PvP. An enemy can quick dodge forward & he's in range. Then again, I never added the killer AR build that everyone was complaining about.

Lately I've been using a pistol build with 2 shotty abilities. (One is a single target consumer & the other is the penetration buff) I can dish some serious burst damage w/ it. I'm squishy, but that's ok. When you're defending a rez point, it doesn't really mater.

edit 1 - Oh, and I'm not sure about magic ranges. Chris or Bredin?

edit 2 - I've been playing with stuff in the training area. It helps to go in with a ton of AP & buy new abilities IN the training area. Once you're done screwin around, you can then get a refund on everything you've spent, provided you do it BEFORE leaving. Maybe you can do that with the magic stuff. (I just blew a bunch of AP on sword)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I don't have in mind the ranges for the various kinds of magic but Chaos Magic is a relatively close-combat magic. When you get a 7 meters range in Chaos that's already good. But there are some targeted AoE's so, somehow, the radius of the AoE adds to the range of the spell.

Elementalism has larger range but nothing big, and Blood, probably got the best range but it's till not huge.

No magic in TSW looks like a NT in AO or a Demonologist in AoC or even a Jedi sage in SWToR.

I need to look for the numbers.
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

oh.. closed beta... if there is one going, would luv one
------------------------------------------------------
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

They removed it in this patch. It doesn't mean it's removed for good. They do that whne they are changing something but don't want to delay a patch.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

It seems there's a running discussion on OP builds in Fusang. While they did nerf some of them, I get the feeling there are 2 camps:

1- Thinks OP builds are exploits & spam the GMs about it.
2 - Thinks some people need a QQ hanky & believes this game is entirely about finding "OP builds".

I'm leaning towards camp # 2. To that end, I think we'll need to spend some time in Fight Club at launch time. The test demons just don't cut it.

Anyone been using their combat log?

Oh ... Active Dodge is definitely here to stay. I'd bet my Yankees cap on it. (the lucky one, even)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I played in the Open this week a bit. Interesting, but not enough to make me worry about closed beta. I'm still enjoying my coding break and the game seemed much more mainstream (pick up quest, nose-ring through quest notes, rinse, repeat) than I was hoping for.

I'm NOT saying it sucked, I was pleasantly surprised by a lot of things, I just don't see it being what I want to do right now.

Because of that, please don't let the following comment sway AP on any decisions ... but ... I just don't think I'll be playing Templar if I play. Just didn't get into them.