New Pocketboss/Dynaboss/Symbiant database

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Bah I wanted to post some thoughts about the DB and some questions you mentioned online... and I was so tired that I fell asleep in my chair!

Anyhow, one of my thoughts was to use a symbiants list from aomainframe or auno. Unless we can parse data from the AO DB itself.

I'll look into that quickly.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Actually, using some outside DB will limit the searchability the way I have made the db atm. I've broken the symbiant name into 3 parts (and have aoid and ql in separate fields ofc)

Basicly, the symbiant table looks like this:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `symbiant` (
  `symbaoid` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `symbql` smallint(5) NOT NULL,
  `symbname` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `symbloc` enum('Ocular','Brain','Ear','Right-Arm','Chest','Left-Arm','Right-Wrist','Waist','Left-Wrist','Right-Hand','Thigh','Left-Hand','Feet') NOT NULL,
  `symbunit` enum('Artillery','Control','Extermination','Infantry','Support') NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`symbaoid`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

I have found an AODB rip for BudaBot in SQL format that I'm working on atm. I'll update progression as I proceed with manupulating it.

EDIT: I got it working (Sorry Chris, you know the drill... if you're set on something, you just can't let it go even though you know someone else is working on it.) Even got the database ripped with icon numbers for future presentation.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Mardonge wrote:I have found an AODB rip for BudaBot in SQL format that I'm working on atm. I'll update progression as I proceed with manupulating it.

EDIT: I got it working (Sorry Chris, you know the drill... if you're set on something, you just can't let it go even though you know someone else is working on it.) Even got the database ripped with icon numbers for future presentation.
Oh well, I did the job too, so you can compare or maybe use it to complete or modify what you got if something is more convenient on my side.
(Note: I listed 1000 symbiants. The database contains dual entries so much more -dummy- symbiants.)

Here is a zip file containing:
- an Excel file of the symbiants
- a CSV file of the symbiants like this (Excel CSV format)

Code: Select all

1,Active,Brain,Symbiant,Control,Unit,Aban,Active Brain Symbiant Control Unit Aban,Head,170
2,Active,Brain,Symbiant,Extermination,Unit,Aban,Active Brain Symbiant Extermination Unit Aban,Head,170
3,Active,Chest,Symbiant,Artillery,Unit,Aban,Active Chest Symbiant Artillery Unit Aban,Body,170
Tell me if you want any other format (like another CSV or MySQL, it's very easy now.)

http://www.athenpaladins.org/symbiants/symb.zip

Column 1: arbitrary numbers 1 to 1000 for reference; symbiants are in alpha order

Colums 2 to 7: name of the symbiant exploded, the two last colums are always "unit" and "aban"

Column 8: full name of the symbiant

Column 9: slot

Column 10: QL
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

If you have 1000 Symbiants in that list, you are missing some.
Checked against what I have atm (I'm aware of the dual entries for symbiants on auno and mainframe), and as far as I can see, I don't have dual entries, but I have 1109 symbiants in the table.

I had to add Artillery Oculars manually though, as it's most likely ripped with a bugged AOParser (It's a known problem it seems), and I might need to enter some others manually later also.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Yep, I realized a few were missing in the meantime, due to a bad copy/paste of data. My list stopped at "Vibrating". I'll fix that, so the job will be anyhow available.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I completed the job and I find 1092 symbiants. This is based on auno / aomainframe.

The zip file is updated.

The symbiants that are the good ones SHOULD be the ones introduced in 15.0.5 (with lower requirements) and updated in 15.8.

The ones in 15.01 (with higher requirements) SHOULD NOT be in the game.

Theoretically at least... :? (But maybe there are some?! Not to mention parser bugs and incorrectly tagged items in the DB...)

I'll compare with your list.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

With 1092 you should still be missing all the Artillery Ocular :wink:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

It seems like Ocular Artillery is missing from botb Auno and Aomainframe. I checked that first as you mentioned it.

Edit: bah, cross posts again hehe :)

The good thing is we'll likely get the same results with two different methods and sources, so this should be pretty reliable.

Edit 2:
17 Artillery Ocular: we're good.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

^^

Oki, now.. I've spent the day feeding the database with information from AOPocket (as unconfirmed drops). I'm about 25% done with that part of the job now.

I'll be working double shift today, so I'm prolly getting most of that done during the evening. When that is done, I'll probably code the page for information on each symbiant in the database, and link to this page from the basic lists.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

OK? Yell if you need something. :)
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Can you e-mail me some hot black coffee?!? the damn coffee machine doesn't work here today...

Got 50 pocketbosses migrated from AOPocket now, only 69 to go (+ the one I found that ain't listed on AOPocket)

Edit: 85 Pocketbosses migrated... 45ish to go.